Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Ecthalion

Mysterious phone call

I would be delighted if I could see spirits or hear them or even just "feel" them. Alas no. I am forty years old and have never had a psychic experience, or have I?
A few months ago I heard the phone ring. I rushed to answer it but it stopped ringing just as I went to pick it up. I assumed that my wife had answered it (she was downstairs, I was up). I went down and asked her who was calling but she had not heard the phone. I assured her that it had rung and told her what had happened but she insisted she had not heard it. To prove my point I dialed 1471 to find out who the caller was, only to find that nobody had called our number since two days previous.
Now how can I explain this? Did I imagine the phone ringing? If so it was VERY real. Am I going mad?
Interestingly, but not necessarily relevant - this occurred on fathers' day. My father passed over 24 years ago.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Peace and love to all.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Hi Graeme

Spirit contact in many ways if you heard the phone ringing then it possibly could have.spirit are letting you know they are around you.i feel you have had more than this occur but you have missed the signs. have you had feathers on the floor.your door bell going lights flickering etc. these are all signs from spirit.it doesnt matter how old you are to start recieving anything from spirit.keep your eyes open see if anything else happens,

Namaste
Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme L. H.
I would be delighted if I could see spirits or hear them or even just "feel" them. Alas no. I am forty years old and have never had a psychic experience, or have I?
A few months ago I heard the phone ring. I rushed to answer it but it stopped ringing just as I went to pick it up. I assumed that my wife had answered it (she was downstairs, I was up). I went down and asked her who was calling but she had not heard the phone. I assured her that it had rung and told her what had happened but she insisted she had not heard it. To prove my point I dialed 1471 to find out who the caller was, only to find that nobody had called our number since two days previous.
Now how can I explain this? Did I imagine the phone ringing? If so it was VERY real. Am I going mad?
Interestingly, but not necessarily relevant - this occurred on fathers' day. My father passed over 24 years ago.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Peace and love to all.

lovely story, cant say for sure it was your father, but in my heart it feels like it was. and i imagine you do too.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
lovely story, cant say for sure it was your father, but in my heart it feels like it was. and i imagine you do too.

I really don't know. I hope so.
Thanks Gracey
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Ecthalion

You may be right. I've only recently opened my mind to spiritual things. In the past I always assumed there was a "scientific" explanation for all things and dismissed any unusual happenings. My mind is much more open now. Maybe I shall notice more.
Thanks Native spirit.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Gracey

one time after my boyfriends mom died....3 of us were in the kitchen. the phone line was not turned on, meaning we had no phone service. BUT, the phone rang. we were all surprised. so i answered it and i heard a voice with much static. could not make out what was being said. can not say if it was hi mom. but do know that energy can be manipulated by spirit.
keep your mind and heart open and the universe will show you all it's "wonders"
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator
Many years ago (about 30 years ago now) I made a very strange phone call. I called someone I knew to arrange some work. I dialled the number and a woman answered. I asked if so-and-so was there. She went very quiet then said in a hushed voice "who is this?" At that point I began to realize I must have accidentally dialled the wrong number. I started to say I was sorry, probably wrong number, but the woman said again "who are you?"
I told her my name. She then said "Mother? Can it be you?"
I was taken aback. I said no I was just (me, my name)
She then called out to someone and this person too came to the phone. They must have both been listening. I tried to explain I was trying to call a friend etc....
Then one of them said "Please don't do this to us!" I was nonplussed of course.
It took some explaining I meant to do no harm, and had just called a wrong number.

But eventually I got through to these women.
The story was their mother had died the day before. Her voice sounded exactly like mine. Her name was the same as mine too.

That had to be the strangest phone call of my life. In those days I did not know about Spiritual things (consciously anyway) and was a skeptical person.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Many years ago (about 30 years ago now) I made a very strange phone call.?"
I told her my name. She then said "Mother? Can it be you?"

That had to be the strangest phone call of my life. In those days I did not know about Spiritual things (consciously anyway) and was a skeptical person.

Very cool story... never heard anything quite like this..
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Master

wow, Tobi, that was strange and cool, all at the same time...

If you want to open up to spirit, hang around those who are connected to the energy. It does help. If you know anyone that is psychic, if you take a Reiki class, shoot just listening to channels channel on you tube, be in the energy - there are no boundaries to the energy.

My favorite thing to do is listen to Esther Hicks channel Abraham. There are a few thousand on you tube and just listening I can feel the energy of them...and there are also some where Abraham tells you how you can channel them...

Just some thoughts.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
wow, Tobi, that was strange and cool, all at the same time...

If you want to open up to spirit, hang around those who are connected to the energy. It does help. If you know anyone that is psychic, if you take a Reiki class, shoot just listening to channels channel on you tube, be in the energy - there are no boundaries to the energy.

My favorite thing to do is listen to Esther Hicks channel Abraham. There are a few thousand on you tube and just listening I can feel the energy of them...and there are also some where Abraham tells you how you can channel them...

Just some thoughts.

Thank you Nameless.
I am different now. Things changed a lot in me over 30 years.
But thank you because I shall check those things out you mentioned.