Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 AM
LucidNinja

??? hunting, good or bad ???

what do you think of hunting? is it bad that you are taking a life, though i guess life just re-lives on after that and doesnt matter too much as the being in the animal will have another experience and be more experienced from being hunted? and hunting imo is only good if u use all the animal or atleast the meat.
whats your outlook? i used to be a heavy meat eater but just became vegetarian cos it "apparently" lowers your vibes and connection. and i used to hunt a bit but stopped though i am wondering this as me and a friend are going on a 2 day survival trip where we go into the bush and only take clothes, water and knives and tomahawks, and meat would be our really only source of food unless we found berries that we were confident to eat..
thoughts should i thank the animal for killing it?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Knower
I don't see hunting as good or bad. I've never hunted before so I can't say from experience, but I do know people might see hunting just for sport or for trophies as wrong, while others see hunting as a pastime or whatever. I personally do not think hunting for trophies or sport is very nice or alligns with God. Hunting for food is something I can understand, as there are still a wholeeeeeee bunch of people who still eat meat, including me(doesn't justify it, though). I like how awareness for big game trophies has been raised lately. We should do what we can to raise modern issues. All in all, someday hunting will have its day just like everything else on Earth.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenofthrees
I don't see hunting as good or bad. I've never hunted before so I can't say from experience, but I do know people might see hunting just for sport or for trophies as wrong, while others see hunting as a pastime or whatever. I personally do not think hunting for trophies or sport is very nice or alligns with God. Hunting for food is something I can understand, as there are still a wholeeeeeee bunch of people who still eat meat, including me(doesn't justify it, though). I like how awareness for big game trophies has been raised lately. We should do what we can to raise modern issues. All in all, someday hunting will have its day just like everything else on Earth.

I would most sincerely hope most people do.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
Hey LucidNinja....
You have an interesting signature! Are you going to kill little critters in the bush, or take a back-pack with some vegetarian survival food (beans and rice, trail mix etc) in it? You have the power to choose. You wouldn't be letting yourself down if you did decide to do that. There are still plenty of challenges to survival in the wild, such as shelter building, making fire, navigation etc.
And you'd be letting a lot of critters run free for a while before someone less compassionate decides to do a bush survival trip....
Old 05-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Suspended
I don't really believe it's bad to take a life...in some circumstances it's needed. Humans are omnivores for a reason - it's so we can adapt to any climate. It's one of the reasons our species is so successful and to be honest, when we're starving...all ideas of vegetarianism go out the window. If you're going to die of hunger and all you have is a raw fish or a rat...we eat meat to survive. That's instinct. We have that in us, it's part of our brain.

I think it's up to you, how killing sits with you. I think if you're going to kill it you should do it quickly, and not show the animal the blade, so to speak. Eat it and use as much as you can. I don't think it should be for sport, just for food.

2 days hunting, veggie the rest of the time...I think that's doable. It's only 2 days, isn't it? Not a patch on 365, 3 times a day like some people.

It can lower your vibration, yes. I find meat grounding, which is why I went back to it after being veggie for a long time. Wild meat might might not hit your vibration as hard as commercially raised animals - they endure more suffering and are often aware of others being killed as they await slaughter. Their flesh has more panic chemicals in it, and they've likely been fed horrible substances like growth hormones or their own species. I find wild meat feels bright and warm like the life of an animal doing what it was made to do and being content...and shop bought meat is dark and ashy and full of adrenaline.

Thank it if you want to. I think that part is mostly for our sake.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Lorelyen

I do believe that if people want to eat meat they should do the killing.
It may put a few people off but it would mesh their spirituality with their need for meat.
Getting someone else - some worker in an abattoir, say, to do the deed so
people can buy bits of a dead body from a shop chiller is to me a cop-out.

Hunting for the sake of killing has never been my pitch. But I come from a
spiritual background in which killing animals for food is highly ritualised -
a form of sacrifice in which the life of the animal is put to a spiritual
use.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Master
Bunny Love is all you need.

Hunting uuuurrrggghhhh
Old 08-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I do believe that if people want to eat meat they should do the killing.

I'd be like the wild wild west. "Do you want to draw for this pig?"
Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Master
Years and years ago I stayed in a flat over a takeaways and they used to keep sacks of rice on the stairs up to my room and at night the little beggars you'se to keep me awake running around and so I got a trap and started killing them... oh, golly that wasn't nice 'cause everytime the trap went off and one of them was in it I'd get an almighty shock through me and I didn't like that at all. And then kinda recently there were some rats in the ceiling, actually it was before we had cats so it was a few years ago, and I don't mind them so much as I live out back in my shacks but Mum wanted them gone so I set traps and caught one or three and again if they got caught while I was in the house...shocked, but even outside I'd know but the shock would amp down to just a tingle. So those little buggers which I quite love actually as I'd caught one or two by surprise in the hot air cupboard when opening it and there beauty was always obvious. And then I'd skin the big rats I caught in the ceiling and those pelts never had the same sheen as when they were on a living creature.

So I'd surmise that a stealthy kill, with a rifle, a good shot straight to the brain, with the creature having no idea it's being hunted because to me it's that fear thing. Any creature dying in fear especially a prolonged one of dogs chasing boar or suchlike can't be a good thing. If you can stick to veges and pulses 'cause they'll definitely keep you alive and healthy and if it's meat on the side then leftovers like meat on the bones and offal which no-one really wants... why not.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Suspended
Master

animals hunt
can humans be more than animals?
Closed Thread