Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-08-2012, 03:51 AM
darkness

so if its not supposed to be a romantic relationship..?

And we feel profound love for our ts, what other purpose does the relationship serve? What are we meant to feel then?
Old 20-08-2012, 05:06 AM
DeepForest

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
And we feel profound love for our ts, what other purpose does the relationship serve? What are we meant to feel then?

One purpose would be to express and experience unconditional love. Romantic love is one way to communicate the unconditional love to the TF. Maybe there are other ways too. Spiritual experiences, to me, are always somehow linked to the physical body. What happens in the physical world influence our relationship to the spiritual dimension. Romantic love is a way for the physical bodies to merge in order to facilitate some kind of higher spiritual experience. I think the romantic part is important to spiritual growth to some people in this kind of relationship, but as stated earlier: maybe there are other ways too.
Old 20-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Quinn the Eskimo

I think the purpose of any relationship is not to put it into any "boxes"

to not put any limitations/expectations on the person

and to learn how to not make the person "special" over other people
Old 20-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
What are we mean't to feel? That is entirely up to what you 'do' feel. There is no way to manipilate or make this experience 'fit' yours or anyone else's criteria. Look within and learn on the job.
Old 20-08-2012, 08:16 AM
LadyImpreza1111

I'm just going to assume you are talking about the twin soul thing.

I honestly believe that they say its not "supposed" to be a romantic relationship because the purpose of the relationship is not solely about romance. Twin souls come together to serve humanity in some way. The intense romantic feelings, I imagine........are designed to push the two people to fullfill their destined purpose because the intensity pretty much makes walking away inpossible.

Think about it. If you could just "get over" a soul connection, that would mean you can walk away and move on with your life,move on with someone else, find another path (even if it might be the wrong one) even before you and the other person accomplished what you were meant to. The fact that its not that easy and feelings run deep just means that there is still work to be done.............and sometimes it might not be work for mankind. Sometimes two people are not meant to be together (and that happens often) and they were brought together to push them to work on themselves. It becomes easier to work on ourselves when we have a mirror showing us what we need to work on in the first place.
Old 20-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Royalite

Have you ever seen the movie Hancock with Will Smith? Being close to his TF (Charlize Theron) caused the both of them to weaken. They were, in essence, toxic to each other in times of turmoil and in order to be their very best self and to heal they had to be as far away from each other as possible.

Basically, they had to learn to love each other from a distance.
Old 20-08-2012, 10:23 AM
orgiva67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
Think about it. If you could just "get over" a soul connection, that would mean you can walk away and move on with your life,move on with someone else, find another path (even if it might be the wrong one) even before you and the other person accomplished what you were meant to. The fact that its not that easy and feelings run deep just means that there is still work to be done.............and sometimes it might not be work for mankind. Sometimes two people are not meant to be together (and that happens often) and they were brought together to push them to work on themselves. It becomes easier to work on ourselves when we have a mirror showing us what we need to work on in the first place.

Excellent post! Just what I need to hear today. Thank you.
Old 21-08-2012, 07:56 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgiva67
Excellent post! Just what I need to hear today. Thank you.

You are welcome. Glad I could help.
Old 20-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Buttercup

Just to be picky - who said it's not 'supposed' to be a romantic relationship???

My TS and I are in a 'romantic' relationship and as much as it's been a trial and a struggle and I've wanted to throw my hands in the air and walk away (I even did a big, ranty, I-hate-this-and-I'm-giving-up post in here a while ago), I cannot and would not give up on this easily, and neither would he. We've just leaped over a HUGE hurdle and have agreed to focus on our connection without all the other 'stuff' getting in the way so much and I can't see why we can't make this work.

I really don't think that there are any absolutes in these kinds of relationships, no boxes we have to tick, that we can't get into assumptions about what this 'is' and 'isn't' supposed to be. What I DO think, is that this profound love is meant to set a benchmark, it reminds us how to love and, in spreading that love outwards (to everyone, not just our twins) we can hopefully start healing each other and reversing some of the crazy damage that's been done by wars, hatred, consumerism, over-sexualisation and abuse. Is that idealistic? Probably! Do we need to be in a romantic relationship with our twins to do this? Nope.

I dunno, I guess I see this in a much broader scope than just 'him-and-me'...
Old 20-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
I really don't think that there are any absolutes in these kinds of relationships, no boxes we have to tick, that we can't get into assumptions about what this 'is' and 'isn't' supposed to be. What I DO think, is that this profound love is meant to set a benchmark, it reminds us how to love and, in spreading that love outwards (to everyone, not just our twins) we can hopefully start healing each other and reversing some of the crazy damage that's been done by wars, hatred, consumerism, over-sexualisation and abuse. Is that idealistic? Probably! Do we need to be in a romantic relationship with our twins to do this? Nope.

So true. No need to add any words.