Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Apex Vega

Tinnitus - My own perspective and approach.

Tinnitus.

A constant falsetto singer in the ear, or a low bass that vibrates on your eardrums like a drummer on mushrooms. I got both.
But I didn`t invite any of them! As far as im aware. Off course, it might be what some call karma. Every action has its reaction.. so MAYBE, when I was a kid I should have removed my headphones when my mom was trying to tell me something, instead of blasting it up and drowning her (somewhat annoying) voice in music. Just MAYBE, it would be smart to take a hint and pull a few steps back from the speaker when i started to feel my brain turn liquid and pour out of my ears at a cadillac concert. But THATS JUST MAYBE!

Anyway, They are here now. Inside this head, this body, having a party with everything and everyone else that has stumbled their feet into this house. Including myself.. So, what right do I actually have, to say that this can stay and this cannot stay? I too, is just a guest here. Yes, I have been here a very long time, and I know every bump and creek of this house. I have watched it grow, and i have helped it grow to what it is today. I have welcomed new guests, and said goodbye to old one`s, that I still miss to this very day. But still, im no owner. So, what I consider most important in this close knitted community is peace and acceptance. Even radical acceptance. Or else we might be faced with the tragedies of war, and end up destroying our own home.. I believe there is a reason for everything, and that there is something valuable we can draw from it, however small it might seem. So we try to pay as much attention to the smaller guests as the big celebrities that come, we can enjoy and learn from everyone. Off course, there have been times when we were prejudice and tried to close the door or even tried to throw some out. But this just made the whole situation worse. What we learned from this is acceptance, and a willingness to learn what they are doing here, pay attention to them.. sometimes thats all they want, and then they leave again. Or even change, and become a strong contribution to the well being of the community.

These two guests that are of the species called Tinnitus has demanded quite a lot of attention lately. I have noticed that the cute falsetto singer suddenly startet to re-emerge and show-off a bit more than usual when the drummer on mushrooms entered the house. Though, im not quite sure if the drummer is that impressed yet. He has come and gone a few times, even if i try to go looking for him hes nowhere to be found. But thats maybe just the way rockers are. But if he decides to come and stay, which i feel he might do, he is welcome. And i look forward to hear what kind of collabos he can work out with my singer, in constructing the soundtrack of my life.

The Guest-list of this house is long, but I have never seen it. I can mention a lot of those that have visited, and those that are currently here, but the big mystery is who`s gonna knock on the door in the future.

I would love to hear about your experience with tinnitus too, if any, and how you approach it.

Last edited by Apex Vega : 07-12-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Enya

I've had tinnitus since I was a child... I think for some years it went away or I learnt to ignore it. Either way, I don't recall noticing it much until the past three years or so, when it's gotten really noticable.

It's usually a high-pitched ringing tone, which sometimes gets so loud I can't sleep for it. Occasionally I get a soprano (love that description) and a few long whistles or a cheep.

I came across a theory that tinnitus is a sign of angels trying to talk to you. My jury is out on this... since they can talk to me in my head, I don't really need the digital version, thank you very much!

Darn, it's loud tonight...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Apex Vega

Hehe, I dont really pay to much attention to it.. except when it demands attention, and when it does i dont think of it as a drummer and singer. That was just more in the moment, for the sake of describing what the sound could be like.

Its been said that its clairaudience, if you are not sure, or can prove that it is a organic tinnitus, induced by hitting your head, loud music and so on.

The "divine ear" its sometimes called. If you have a meditation practice, and you know its not a organic condition, it is said in the buddhist tradition that this is something you have attained by your meditation practice. And should be appreciated.

http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/clairaudience.htm

Hope this is new for you, and of interest.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Master
i have always had it, i enjoy it...within meditation it changes completely, to a vibration i can feel coursing through my entire being, from head to toe, but at that point It is no longer mere tinnitus, not by far...i have no problem with it...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Vega
Its been said that its clairaudience, if you are not sure, or can prove that it is a organic tinnitus, induced by hitting your head, loud music and so on.

The "divine ear" its sometimes called. If you have a meditation practice, and you know its not a organic condition, it is said in the buddhist tradition that this is something you have attained by your meditation practice. And should be appreciated.

http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/clairaudience.htm

Hope this is new for you, and of interest.
Thanks for the link - very interesting indeed! However, since I've had this since childhood, I think it is probably organic.
I don't meditate enough to link it to that, although my spiritual practice ( I know I am clairvoyant, sentient and sometimes have a touch of audient) might have something to do with its loudness now. Just last night, for a short time, it became a lovely single tone in one ear.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Master
I have had tinnitus since I can remember, bilaterally. For some people it's very bad, William Shatner said he had it so badly he thought about killing himself. I just ignore it and accept it as my life.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Master
I developed Tinnitus when I had a very bad cold, that was a few months ago. Some times I notice it especially at night or when its very quiet. Some times it bothers me other times I have grown to ignore it. Though like right now, today especially its become bothersome. I am clairaudient and have read a bit about Tinnitus and clairadience. I think its medical and not clairaudient. Though I'd rather it be clairaudient but realistically its not. Its only in my right ear which oddly enough is the ear I predominately hear clairaudiently with. I have tried to stop it so far nothing works and I am getting use to it. There is actually a movie about a policeman that had Tinnitus and it kept getting worse and worse and it got to the point he couldn't couldn't hear anything but the sounds in his ears. It was called "Noise" with Brenden Cowell I believe it was an Austrialian film.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 17-03-2011, 07:26 AM
7he4uthor

1 found another site with a discission on Tinnitus
http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic...itus #p345389
in case anyone would liek to read furthur discussion on personal experiences
possible causes and perhaps find solutions.
Old 19-03-2011, 12:07 PM
themaster

The only real solutions are..

- Raise your vibration
- Have your guides/inner self make adjustments..
- See a doctor if you have a real condition.. but the truth is almost 99% of it is spiritual talk.. it's our friends/family/angels/guides.. saying "hello and much more" (we really have a lot of friends since technically all beings are us)
Old 21-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Master
After 2-3 months with Tinnitus it has finally disapeered !! I woke up this morning, didn't notice anything right away then about 20 or so mins after waking I noticed it was gone ! I had been reading online different remedies to either rid it or lessen it. I tried garlic, I took one of my husband's garlic pills and today its gone !! A coincidence? Maybe but it worked after it drove me about crazy all day yesterday its finally gone. Knock on wood it stays that way. I also read how Apple Cider Vinager works too. A tbl spoon in a cup of water. I didn't have any more Apple cider vineger so I tried the garlic.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne