Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Mcmatt933

confused about a health problem

Hi,

Since I was about 16 I have had acne breakouts. Through most of 2010 this was not much of a problem, however lately (the last few months) it has been getting really bad. I am 23, and this is extremely embarrassing and damaging to my self esteem. I can't seem to find a constructive way to approach this issue, especially when I have to look in the mirror everyday.

I'm really confused basically. I try to think of positive images of my skin clearing, but as soon as I see myself in the mirror my thoughts are overwhelmed with images of the acne. I've been meditating on and off for a few years, but nearly everyday in the last month. Yet it is only getting worse. I did just quit smoking 3 days ago, but none of my friends who smoke have this problem like I do. I've been trying to be aware of my body when I can.

Am I just being impatient? Am I thinking about it to much? How can I ignore it when its so emotionally upsetting to even look in the mirror? I know I should accept it, but as much as I try I still get upset about it. Its preventing me from going out or feeling confident at all. Should I seek therapy? I think its some kind of a negative feedback cycle where the more acne there is the more stressed I get, and the more stressed I become the more my skin breaks out. It dominates my thoughts anymore, I feel so confused and hopeless.

This is soooo frustrating, but I do believe there is a way to heal this. I guess I am asking for an outside perspective to help clarify a path to resolution.
Old 14-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Master
sometimes when we are working on manifesting the universe will make ways for it to happen, look for signs and try to relax and keep yourself calm, i suggest grounding your energy, talking it out the feelings about having it if it helps, eft and have patience.. tell yourself it will go away and breath deeply through the emotions to release

now onto the solution -
look up metapyshical cause of acne i think it has to do with not accepting oneself if i recall correctly, try changing your diet - lemons, garlic, onion, tomatos, orange and yellow peppers, cucumbers, hummus, blackberries - there are skin clearing foods. no sugary, white carb foods, no alcholol etc

excercise yes it circulates the blood and helps your skin get clear

inncidently all of this helps raise your vibration too which will help align with the diesre

tell yourself i have clear skin, imagine you have it and you will!
Old 14-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Master
My skin got much better when I cut dairy out of my diet. Try cutting it out for two or three days and see if anything improves. I also found that washing my face with cleanser twice a day was exacerbating the issue so now I wash before bed and just use a cool washcloth in the morning.

It's probably nothing you haven't heard already but I don't have any other suggestions.

Old 14-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Master
Fine, one will envisage clear skin, but to achieve it is to be pragmatic, so seek practical advice in regard to to diet... primarily.
Old 14-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Master
oh i forgot hormone balance will cause it too, so try to buy organic esp dairy and meats.,
Old 14-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Mcmatt933

Ok after looking through the forum, my plan is too exercise vigorously enough to sweat, a lot. I usually avoid milk and cream foods, but I guess I will try avoiding cheese for a week as well.

Also I will drink lemon water and maybe try the NAC supplement.

I still don't know the best way to approach this mentally and emotionally, as much as I've told myself before that it will go away or envision it clearing, I probably spend twice as much time being frustrated about its existence. Should I just ignore the mirror for now?
Old 14-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Master
I reply not because I have the problem, but have had people close to me that did. I lost a lot of weight last year, partly because I cut out most dairy except yogurt and cottage cheese. So, cutting out certainfoods is probly a good idea. I can'thelp but wonder about the hormone aspect and the mental / emotional aspect of it and what could be done along those lines to help. And what about the usual Proactive or Dr. Murad product and other products, have you tried any of those yet?

Old 14-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmatt933
Ok after looking through the forum, my plan is too exercise vigorously enough to sweat, a lot. I usually avoid milk and cream foods, but I guess I will try avoiding cheese for a week as well.

Also I will drink lemon water and maybe try the NAC supplement.

I still don't know the best way to approach this mentally and emotionally, as much as I've told myself before that it will go away or envision it clearing, I probably spend twice as much time being frustrated about its existence. Should I just ignore the mirror for now?

If there's underlying self worth issue then there are therapy tools available, but imagining clear skin is not a solution, it's a vision of the desired result which inspires you to take the required practical steps.

What exactly is your first step?
Old 14-01-2011, 04:33 AM
Master
I think educating one's self about vitamins and supplements that lean towards helping your issue, I would suggest reading about and/or taking the B complex vitamins, because they help stress.

Old 14-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Master
You could ignore the mirror if you like. You'll still be you however, imperfections and all. Think about all the things you do like about yourself, bring some balance there. While your acne is something that bothers you and you'd like to change and I don't feel you should neglect or diminish how you feel about it, remember that it's just one part of an amazing rest of you.

*ugh* don't you hate it when some people talk like this...lol