Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-01-2016, 03:36 AM
Master
Opinions on read for 2016 forecast.

I did this last year, and then went ahead and did it again this year. I did a tarot spread for what 2016 has in store for me. I'm not very versed in their meanings, yet, outside of what the books say. So any input is always appreciated. Looks like a lot of hard work will be involved in the coming year. Maybe even some loss, and starting over somewhere else. Just by glancing at the card pics themselves. There looks to be some sort of triumph, later on, as well as someone coming into my life at some point.

Here they are.

9 of wands
6 of pentacles
6 of swords
9 of cups
4 of wands
The empress

I also noticed dual numbers there. 6 and 9 twice.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:18 AM
Master

What spread, deck and question (specific wording) did you use? (need this info to provide better feedback :) )
Old 01-01-2016, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
What spread, deck and question (specific wording) did you use? (need this info to provide better feedback :) )

It was the Rider-Waite Tarot. The question was, the basic, what does 2016 have in store for me. There wasn't any particular spread I used, I was guided to pull six cards for the upcoming year. To be a little more detailed for the year. Than my normal three card, past, present, future.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Master

Ah, tealily asked the qs I asked.

In a nutshell

9 of wands - growth
6 of pentacles - giving and taking and sharing of talents
6 of swords - journeying, connecting two worlds
9 of cups - love this card - multiple sources of abundance but you need to use them / engage with them
4 of wands - festivities and celebrations but that comes with a caution that it can be overwhelming - danger of being sold short
The empress - hm - not sure - I would say here integration of male and female.

In short. Very in short. A year of adventure and development with much reward on offer. There are numerous sources of support for you in this year should you choose to take these (I feel they will be necessary for your development) and cautions to integrate more deeply to a greater balance.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Master
SO it looks like an interesting year, if it comes to fruition the way the cards show. Growth is always good, and I am growing in myself the world, and I know I have plenty more to grow. Journeying is a high possibility for this year, as I am looking to do some traveling and take real vacation this year... Of course in this card, it's about leaving the past and moving to a new future... It seems this will bring about abundance, all over the place. And celebrations...

I'm not sure of the empress as well, unless she plays into all of this, and that she represents someone new, someone divine.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Master

On a very slight reflection, there is a giving and receiving in these cards, and my sense is that some things will need to be discarded to make way for the new - otherwise growth can only go so far. Be sure the foundations are built on strong ground with no weak bits so you are not phased by the intensity of any festivities.

My sense - also - the empress is you, and it's about the aspect of balance and integration - and wholeness.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
On a very slight reflection, there is a giving and receiving in these cards, and my sense is that some things will need to be discarded to make way for the new - otherwise growth can only go so far. Be sure the foundations are built on strong ground with no weak bits so you are not phased by the intensity of any festivities.

My sense - also - the empress is you, and it's about the aspect of balance and integration - and wholeness.

It could be very possible the empress represents the next stage of growth and development for myself. There is a ton of wounds inflicted upon me done by woman, so there is definitely some divine feminine that needs to be healed and repaired within me, to make room for the new, and let go of those past wounds.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:34 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It could be very possible the empress represents the next stage of growth and development for myself. There is a ton of wounds inflicted upon me done by woman, so there is definitely some divine feminine that needs to be healed and repaired within me, to make room for the new, and let go of those past wounds.

Empress can also be about growth and nurturing, not only others but herself (she is usually the only majors card to have some luxuries).
Maybe this is showing you that you should develop some self nurturing this year, ensuring you are meeting your own needs first, places you in a better position to meet the needs of others.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight

That would be very beautiful and that interpretation makes sense to me, for you to heal the relatedness between you and the female of yesterday that shaped your life. It will have left an imprint on your soul and not one you want to bring into a future relationship. Of course, we are never going to be wholly healed but to take care of significant wounds is really key in order to be in a better position to bring in a better life partner.

So those words - balance and integration - I will add to them - relatedness. That is how you relate to yourself and then how you relate to other.

Good stuff.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Empress can also be about growth and nurturing, not only others but herself (she is usually the only majors card to have some luxuries).
Maybe this is showing you that you should develop some self nurturing this year, ensuring you are meeting your own needs first, places you in a better position to meet the needs of others.

I have been doing a lot of self work, and change within myself. And learning to be more of me, more open with myself, and doing the things that I love to do. For a time, I was fragmented within myself, and I guess learned to not love the things about me, and what I loved doing. And am now opening back up to that, and embracing all my wonderful nerdy self. So in a way, I am learning to pamper and take care of myself.

This card could also apply to my sister. As I've learned that she share some things and gifts. Which may bring us much closer in the coming year(s).