Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-03-2015, 03:25 AM
Experiencer
How to let go of a past life while still honoring it?

Last summer, the Disney movie Frozen (bear with me here…) managed to reawaken/trigger one of my past lives. This particular life wasn’t exactly the greatest. It managed to pull a lot of darkness out of my system; a lot of terrible memories and energy. It was a rough time.

But I survived :smile, and I’m ready to let go. With Frozen’s presence in mainstream media, I know it’s impractical to ignore it completely. And, to be honest? I don’t want to. This has been one of the worst few months of my life, but I wouldn’t take it back for the world. Without it, I wouldn’t be where I am right now – in this life.

My only concern is moving forward with my identity. Well, really, I guess it’s my superficial self. Gratitude instead of resentment towards the Frozen life is fine; I’ve managed that. But with the movie being everywhere, I’m constantly reminded of that life’s (negative) habits, fears, thought patterns, etc. and continuously regress back to them.

I still want to honor everything that life taught me and the positive change it brought on today. I'm not ok with forgetting it entirely. How do I do that without regressing to my my old, false sense of self?

Thank you! Cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help! :)
Old 11-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Master
Perhaps this will be helpful.
As I move forward on the Path (Releasing myself from the egoaic identity and infilling the space left with eternal abilities and Connection to All That Is) I've been shown many past lives, like you some were pain filled and huge scars and lessons learned. I'm tremendously thankful to have already have done that life, that course and not be doing it now!

As I loved myself through those painful memories I would be in time shown another past life, one of even more painful lessons or one's in which I was a great Healer or Oracle bringing much Goodness into that time...One's where I was responsible for creating much change and havoc on a global level, one's in which I was the Bringer of pain and suffering to family and strangers alike.
There's no way to re-do any of it, there's no way to know if it wasn't for the greatest good and the spiritual and conscious evolution of the human species, there's nothing for it but to move on, knowing we have all had many lives and many learning opportunities of every type and scale of magnitude. We can not know all the surrounding circumstances of those times and all the factors and influences, much less the Bigger Picture. We aren't shown everything about a past life, there's just not enough there to judge ourselves. So Don't.

We have been experimenting down here in this density for a very very long time, playing out every possibility and learning from it. Evolution is slow, many things are tried and discarded.
What you did then, who you were then - you learned from, now you are trying the human experience in a different way, with a different personality in a different setting.
Allow this new experiment.
Give it it's best shot.
Be in this NOW.

You are not the same person you were as a child, or the same person you were in your teens, or 20's. You've had many small evolutions in just this life. You wouldn''t try to solve an adult sized problem from the mentality of a hormone rattled 15 year olds point of view, so don't try and operate this life from the point of reference of a past life.
Seeing past lives are like looking through an old photo album: Memories, lessons learned, gratitude, appreciation. painfull memories. They are just composites all leading to where you are now, but not who you are Now. Just influences.

If you want to do 'something' about this new page in the photo album you've discovered, then drop into meditation, visualize yourself back in that life and radiate love into that being you were then, move the energy of healing, acceptance, compassion and self love into that person. Let that person then know that it was all worth it, all is well, and has led to much goodness. Then release that you then and live in this NOW. Knowing much has gone into the wonderful amazing Being that you are now and that you can honor, appreciate and love all parts of yourself.

Evolve!
Don't Devolve.

Don't get hung up on anyone time, place or incarnation of self. There is much more to see and it's across many spectrums. If you can gently love and nourish this being you were in another life, you will be shown more. We aren't given more than we can handle so don't create this into a sticking point. Allow all that you are shown, love it all. Treasure the many You's you are shown, be their Angel of Compassion.
You are being shown how to love yourself - Do So. Don't Judge you, don't fear you - in any life.

Don't let the egoaic mind attach identity to it, don't personify it or you'll go off Path and get into the weeds. There is much to see, even perhaps parallel lives happening NOW in alternate timelines, You's you can help on their Path Now by loving and healing them and they can do the same back for you in this Now.
The multi-verse is a wondrous complex place with endless possibility. Accept and Love what you see to keep the doors of information open. The more you see the more you will come to realize that you are so much more than your 'identity, your egoaic mind, your personality'. You are a vast Consciousness of infinite power, grace and Love, capable of grounding much Light and Love into this Earth and this Now and moving freely between realms.

Don't get stuck looking at one picture in your Baby Book.
Flow.
Love
Allow

Old 11-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur-de-Frost
Last summer, the Disney movie Frozen (bear with me here…) managed to reawaken/trigger one of my past lives. This particular life wasn’t exactly the greatest. It managed to pull a lot of darkness out of my system; a lot of terrible memories and energy. It was a rough time.

But I survived :smile, and I’m ready to let go. With Frozen’s presence in mainstream media, I know it’s impractical to ignore it completely. And, to be honest? I don’t want to. This has been one of the worst few months of my life, but I wouldn’t take it back for the world. Without it, I wouldn’t be where I am right now – in this life.

My only concern is moving forward with my identity. Well, really, I guess it’s my superficial self. Gratitude instead of resentment towards the Frozen life is fine; I’ve managed that. But with the movie being everywhere, I’m constantly reminded of that life’s (negative) habits, fears, thought patterns, etc. and continuously regress back to them.

I still want to honor everything that life taught me and the positive change it brought on today. I'm not ok with forgetting it entirely. How do I do that without regressing to my my old, false sense of self?

Thank you! Cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help! :)

See it as a blessing. Disney released a movie that awakened something that you could move on from.

I used to see dark times as bad, but now i see it as a blessing because it's always a reminder of what can be learnt from that, and move on from that.
Old 15-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Experiencer
Something makes us resonate in the same frequency we were in once before, and we remember..... Something my teacher once told me, When you look in the mirror, you are not what you see, but rather the one who sees it. This perspective can change your life. Who we see ourselves as being, and as having been isn't who we are. Who we are is doing the Seeing.... focus on that person. We rarely have past life memories that are not intense, as part of the nature of the "death" process, most stuff is "Cleared"...but not the deep imprints.... and these will define us from the dark corners where we have hidden them. As Chrystal Song said, LOVING them is the key. It is our dualistic judgments that we have placed upon them that gives them weight and makes them heavy and a burden on our souls. Exchanging the Judgment (based in duality) with Love (based in Oneness)... allows them to become what they really are..... and then we are free.