Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Knower

When it's our time, is it really our time or....

I've always heard there's a plan for everyone. You wake up every day for a reason. You still have an obligation to fulfill. When someone dies, someone may say "he/she came and completed what they needed to do."

Obviously, there's no way to tell, but do you think God (if you don't believe, that's fine) has power to abort per se one's mission if it seems like they've driven completely off course?

Maybe this is a better a way of putting it without sounding as harsh, but say you have already dictated when you're going to exit. Do you think this can be fast forwarded when you've completed your mission?
Old 13-09-2014, 08:18 PM
yumi14

I think in one of Robert Schwartz's video interviews he mentions being able to end a soul contract if a soul has gone off course from their soul plan. He doesn't elaborate on how a person can go about initiating the cancellation of a soul's life to return back to the spiritual realm, tho.
Old 14-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Master

Apparently we have a few exit points when we incarnate. It seems like we can take an earlier exit if we have learned all we could. There is free will. Also, since we are in 3D, accidents do happen and a person can leave before their time and I suppose will have to come back again to fulfill their mission. That is how I understood it anyway.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
This is all conjecture but from what I understand we plot out our lives with any number of paths and possible outcomes kept in mind. The decisions we make while going down the path will determine what next road we take and as such there may be numerous exit points depending on the intensity of the life. I personally now see in my life that I came to face my demons and self destructive urges. My whole young life I did not expect to live past my 20s. I had this really strong feeling that I was not going to live past them and some reckless behavior could have ended it before it started but I heard the guidance and warnings from my soul so I managed to stay on course. But if I hadn't it is possible I had a much earlier exit date. I have heard it said that suicide is never planned but due to issues being dealt with it is a known possibility by the soul and we are never judged if that comes to pass because quite frankly it can take a few tries to work through some of our issues trying different things to see what does and doesn't work. So essentially a life is plotted out with any number of possible outcomes all with their own exit point. If a person has completed their mission early they may exit early if there isn't anything else to work on.

I personally thought at one point I had completed my mission. Like I stated I struggled with demons early in my life but had a break through that led to ten years of peace and joy. They were an awesome ten years but to my surprise and dismay I got tripped back up into the old self destructive patterns. I apparently did not work through some old thoughts that needed to be cleared. But I honestly and truly had found such peace I really could not fathom it ever being challenged like it has. I see now that this was all part of my plan and in the long run facing what I am facing now will keep me from falling victim to self destructive thoughts moving forward but the point is life can have all kinds of twists and turns and nothing is really set in stone. So just try and have as much fun as you can. Things can turn on a dime. But even if a person has worked through all of their challenges and lessons I would think there are other things that can be learned and skills that can be honed as well. And this too may have been plotted out as a possible life path.

In any event if you have questions about your own life I alway suggest to people to consult with their higher and spirit guides. I find I get the best answers through my dreams so maybe try asking any questions you have before bed and keep a journal handy to write down what comes to you. I have gotten into a pretty cool habit now that I will wake up basically stating my answer. As with anything in life this can take time and patience to bring about so just keep asking as you go to bed and eventually answers will find their way to you. Ask and you shall receive is not just a saying. It really works. Take care.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
This is all conjecture but from what I understand we plot out our lives with any number of paths and possible outcomes kept in mind. The decisions we make while going down the path will determine what next road we take and as such there may be numerous exit points depending on the intensity of the life. I personally now see in my life that I came to face my demons and self destructive urges. My whole young life I did not expect to live past my 20s. I had this really strong feeling that I was not going to live past them and some reckless behavior could have ended it before it started but I heard the guidance and warnings from my soul so I managed to stay on course. But if I hadn't it is possible I had a much earlier exit date. I have heard it said that suicide is never planned but due to issues being dealt with it is a known possibility by the soul and we are never judged if that comes to pass because quite frankly it can take a few tries to work through some of our issues trying different things to see what does and doesn't work. So essentially a life is plotted out with any number of possible outcomes all with their own exit point. If a person has completed their mission early they may exit early if there isn't anything else to work on.

I personally thought at one point I had completed my mission. Like I stated I struggled with demons early in my life but had a break through that led to ten years of peace and joy. They were an awesome ten years but to my surprise and dismay I got tripped back up into the old self destructive patterns. I apparently did not work through some old thoughts that needed to be cleared. But I honestly and truly had found such peace I really could not fathom it ever being challenged like it has. I see now that this was all part of my plan and in the long run facing what I am facing now will keep me from falling victim to self destructive thoughts moving forward but the point is life can have all kinds of twists and turns and nothing is really set in stone. So just try and have as much fun as you can. Things can turn on a dime. But even if a person has worked through all of their challenges and lessons I would think there are other things that can be learned and skills that can be honed as well. And this too may have been plotted out as a possible life path.

In any event if you have questions about your own life I alway suggest to people to consult with their higher and spirit guides. I find I get the best answers through my dreams so maybe try asking any questions you have before bed and keep a journal handy to write down what comes to you. I have gotten into a pretty cool habit now that I will wake up basically stating my answer. As with anything in life this can take time and patience to bring about so just keep asking as you go to bed and eventually answers will find their way to you. Ask and you shall receive is not just a saying. It really works. Take care.

I agree with this completely. This is what I've always seen a life as, a list of to-do lists for the soul.

And just like any planning, there are bounds to be obstacles that we may face in order to meet the planning. I believe that our higher self is advanced enough to be able to choose or predict what obstacles and path we may potentially choose in our lives; so they assist by using the 'universe' to steer us in the right paths.

I disagree with the notion that God has the ability to just 'end' our contracts, because it contradicts the notion of free will.

I also believe that in our younger years, we develop a basic knowledge of who we are. And in our mid-age years (30-40ish) the climax to fulfill our mission is underway, because we are already equipped with knowledge of who we are. Afterwards, we begin to prepare for the next lifetime by honing a few special skills that are not meant to be used for anything significant in this lifetime, but are gifted at it.

I also believe that there are many roads but the roads will eventually cross paths and lead to the one true path we are all meant to experience.

Accidents, murder, and other forms of death are all planned. We incarnate for special reasons. It maybe to serve as an awakening for others, as a martyr, or other sacrifices. Those are things that we must keep in mind.

-

As for me personally, ever since my childhood, I have always been faced with numerous obstacles. One after another, it feels like I will never have time to enjoy this life - it feels the universe wants to see me miserable. I have contemplated suicide many times but at the end of the day, I always have this feeling that everything will be alright. I do know that I will die sacrificing myself for a loved one near my 60s.

Old 18-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Master

Michelle, I thought I had come and learned what I needed to learn, at one time. At that point one of those crossroads appeared and I believe my higher self decided to continue on with learning all I could learn on this diverted road.

I began having health challenges. 2 summers ago it was West Nile Menningitis, last summer lactose intolerance and this year gluten intolerance. I take these challenges in stride. I am happy that I can be healthy in spite of my physical limitations as mentioned above. It's all good.

I don't think God has the desire or inclinations to end our lives early. I believe it would be the Over soul or the Higher soul who makes those decisions.

And hey, I'm still learning. Right now it's all focused on my health.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Forsythia

I remember reading a while back that everyone has five exit points in their lives. That thought worries me as I can count two were I really had the potential to die :-/
Old 02-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Master

When the apple is ripe it will fall.

When it's your 'time' you will go.

Life can be a bit of a battle square at times, but should it be a picnic? You wouldn't learn much if it was a picnic! The hard times, the testing times, these are the occasions that most afford us the opportunity to learn and grow, which is why we're here.

And while we are here, if we are wise, we will use all the time that we can to learn and grow.
Wishing to be out of it, if everyone had had their wish, there wouldn't be anybody here!

Stand your ground, seize the moment and make the most of now.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Experiencer

What are the names of the texts that talk about exit points? Anyone remember/know?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Forsythia

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
When the apple is ripe it will fall.

When it's your 'time' you will go.

Life can be a bit of a battle square at times, but should it be a picnic? You wouldn't learn much if it was a picnic! The hard times, the testing times, these are the occasions that most afford us the opportunity to learn and grow, which is why we're here.

And while we are here, if we are wise, we will use all the time that we can to learn and grow.
Wishing to be out of it, if everyone had had their wish, there wouldn't be anybody here!

Stand your ground, seize the moment and make the most of now.

Very well put