Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-06-2014, 02:20 AM
Raven Poet

Why does Soul Mates Twin Flames forum have way more threads?

Hi. I just noticed something - as in I really looked at it and let the facts sink into my brain.

The Soul Mates/Twin Flames part of this forum has 6,000+ threads; the Love & Relationships part has 1,100+.

How come? Any one have any theories, hypotheses, or just general hunches about some possible reasons?

Ravens are curious, as you might know ...

I'm not intending to infer anything. Just would like to hear what my SF companions think about this. Thanking you very muchly in advance!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Master
Hi Raven Poet.

It is a good question. I think a certain amount "idealism" is involved here.
My first impression of what TF and SM were supposed to be about couples who loved each other unconditionally and honestly. But I have not seen that here, so I must have had the wrong 'idealism'. hehehe.

Then I started to read things about SMs being old souls still with unfinished business.
But I am not sure about what TF is supposed to be about. To my thinking, it involves couples who are almost identical in beliefs, attitudes, etc, and to understand the other is to understand self. But I have not read anything about that here (yet).

I have also noticed that the majority of TF and SM who seem to have no issues with their partner are those who are more mature and/or been in long term (love & relationship) with their partner.
But the majority of TF and SM who seem to have issues with their partner are those who are both young and have not been in long-term relationships.

I think TF and SM are labels that point to some ideal loving relationship that is above the standard label of Love & Relationship.
Because people like to see themselves in an ideal relationship, even though they are not, they go for the TF and SM forum as opposed to the L&R forum.

Well that is how I see it at this moment.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Experiencer

I think generally when it comes to any kind of identity or label, you are bound to get more hits. You have people there trying to fit themselves into a label, people who identify and seek support, and generally it's a more specific topic so exploring it gets more in depth and people are more likely to delve into it and stick around as they explore it.

On this board I imagine people don't have as much f a focused drive to explore the topic. I don't know how to explain what I mean. Maybe if there are so many different topics individuals will post less because they don't relate with most subjects brought up. But if there is a topic you relate to you're more inclined to post on several threads and think more deeply on the topic creating more questions and more threads. Like the focus of the topic creates more mental energy.

Just the impression I get.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Master
the story is better than the truth?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Raven Poet

Hi Visitor! Wow - well thought out response. Really clicked with it!

Quote:
I think a certain amount "idealism" is involved here.
My first impression of what TF and SM were supposed to be about couples who loved each other unconditionally and honestly. But I have not seen that here, so I must have had the wrong 'idealism'. hehehe.
Yeah, I think that is an ideal so many are looking for. Just from reading the many, many threads here about the sadness, anger, and grief associated with TF relationships, I myself just don't know how possible it is for the majority of people.
Quote:
But I am not sure about what TF is supposed to be about. To my thinking, it involves couples who are almost identical in beliefs, attitudes, etc, and to understand the other is to understand self. But I have not read anything about that here (yet).
I agree with that - its as if TF is about same heart, same mind, same soul. So beliefs, attitudes, approaches to life, etc. would be the same.
Quote:
I have also noticed that the majority of TF and SM who seem to have no issues with their partner are those who are more mature and/or been in long term (love & relationship) with their partner.
Yes, it takes a certain level of maturity - and I don't mean so much in human years but in soul maturity; seen in people who have genuinely done their hard work in growing their soul - to have such a relationship. How many have done that - it's hard, hard work with lots of sacrifice and tears and surrender of ego.
Quote:
But the majority of TF and SM who seem to have issues with their partner are those who are both young and have not been in long-term relationships.
Yeah, I think so.
Quote:
I think TF and SM are labels that point to some ideal loving relationship that is above the standard label of Love & Relationship.
Because people like to see themselves in an ideal relationship, even though they are not, they go for the TF and SM forum as opposed to the L&R forum.

Well that is how I see it at this moment.
Yeah, sometimes those "ideals" get us into trouble - they certainly have messed me up many times through life. What I've learned is this: ideals are fantastic to have to reach for and work toward; but I have to be compassionate and gentle with myself when my human ego gets in the way - over and over - from ever completely achieving those ideals. I don't know if I ever will - but I keep reaching and stretching. Because I just like myself more when I am a kind and happy person lovingly plugged into this big web called "Life"! Thank you for your intelligent input!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Raven Poet

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I think generally when it comes to any kind of identity or label, you are bound to get more hits. You have people there trying to fit themselves into a label, people who identify and seek support, and generally it's a more specific topic so exploring it gets more in depth and people are more likely to delve into it and stick around as they explore it.
Yes, Lisbet - in fact, it was my initial stumble upon this concept of "Twin Flames" that led me to SF a few years back.

Quote:
On this board I imagine people don't have as much f a focused drive to explore the topic. I don't know how to explain what I mean.
I think what this means to me, but I don't know if that is what you meant, is it indeed takes focus and drive to stick with spiritual work - we get scared and frustrated when our work doesn't yield immediate results; we sometimes give up before we "get" it. I know I have!

Quote:
Maybe if there are so many different topics individuals will post less because they don't relate with most subjects brought up. But if there is a topic you relate to you're more inclined to post on several threads and think more deeply on the topic creating more questions and more threads. Like the focus of the topic creates more mental energy.
Very wise observation! Thanks, Lisbet!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
the story is better than the truth?
HA HA HA HA HA! That is too funny, Gem - and it rings with truth too! I have often wondered about my own "stories" that I lug along with me in my travel case - some of them get pretty clunky and heavy and weigh me down. And some of them look kind of fake ("Genuine Native American Dreamcatcher, made in China") when I take them out, making me wonder if I still want to hold onto them. They don't look so much like the real thing as when I first picked them up and went, "Woooo! cool!"
Old 09-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Raven Poet

This is what I was ruminating over last night, after I posted my original thread:
What is so wrong with just being happy and kind to the partner you're with? My husband, he is a good man - he is honourable, and kind, and patient, and responsible. He treats me with respect. But I wouldn't call him my TF or SM.

We've made a happy life together. Is it fireworks and ferris wheels and tunnel of loves? No way. But we are happy with the life we've built together, even if we aren't each other's "Twin Flame" or "Soul Mate". We've come to a point in our 22 years of marriage where we understand and relate to each other better - but it took years of honest conversations and arguments and threats of divorce and tears and forgiveness. There were many disillusionments about love and romance that I had to face through the years with him (and I'm sure he with me) - but we are at a comfortable place. At least for now!

But maybe this way isn't so appealing to most folks. Which is fine; it works for me. I like to think this was the person I was meant to travel this life path with this time 'round - otherwise, we would not have found each other.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Master
My roommate pointed out to me last night that there's a new in vogue label being given to cocoa - it's cacao. Cacao is the word being used now for everything in the house that has chocolate in it.
I guess sometimes giving something a new name makes it seem a bit more special, draws in some new revenues, stirs up renewed interest.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Master
"Twin Flame" and other soul connections are spiritual connections. They don't necessarily have to be romantic relationships. They teach us lessons. They help us see the issues that need to be resolved inside us. They transform us so we are able to have solid, loving relationships in the future. Some of them last. Some of them meet long enough to create movement and change in each other's lives and then they separate.