Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Master
What are Demons?

Okay. First off. I was raised Roman Catholic. I was told the whole notion of demons were "fallen angels who rebelled against Michael and his angels in the beginning." Now I always thought this sounded silly, something ripped out of Lord of the Rings or something. Until I got older and read about Edgar Cayce and became more "spiritual" and threw away a lot of my "Roman" Catholic beliefs.

Edgar Cayce said that in the beginning there were celestial beings, or souls who separated from God in the beginning and this "force" or activity" is called Satan. A collective consciousness of evil, or separation from God.

Now. According to Cayce, God created numerous dimensions and worlds beyond our comprehension to learn and grow and to learn out separatedness from Him until we return to the One. But what of these "demons"? Cayce even referred to Lucifer as an entity and called him "The Lord of Darkness", and even named some demonic entities in his readings as Ariel, Belial, Beelzebub, and a few others.

So who are these demonic entities? Were they once human? Or as Cayce is putting it, are they spiritual entities/souls who decided to never become human and stay separated from God and constantly wage war against humankind?

Even on the show Paranormal State, they have run into these entities named Belial or Beelzebub and many of the psychics have said they are "inhuman spirits"

So what the hell are demons? And why do they operate in such darkness? What is their aim in life?
Old 14-10-2010, 02:58 AM
kaze

demons want me unconscious but im protected by god forever concscious forever
Old 14-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Greenslade

We Live in a world of Duality and the Universe seeks balance. We have angels so doesn't it make sense to have the opposite? While we are just spreading the Light, couldn't others be working against that? The story is reflected in the Garden of Eden with Adam, Eve, the snake and the apple. Mind you, God didn't want Adam and Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, does that mean he didn't want them to become enlightened? It makes you wonder who the good and bad guys really are.

I've seen a few movies with the same theme. Granted they're only movies but where did they get their ideas from in the first place? There was a war in Heaven, some of the angels rebelled because they had Loved God, but God had created man and God Loved man more than the angels. If those movies and Cayce is right, then maybe Heaven isn't such a nice place after all, eh?

Who are these demons? The opposite to those we refer to as angels. You could probably start a thread (there probably is one) about whether angels become incarnate or not and it would be the same as your demons.

Why do they operate in such Darkness? If you do the balance thing, it makes sense. The good guys operate in Light, bad guys in Darkness. Opposites in Duality. Possibly some of them don't want us 'monkeys' (as in the movies :-) to evolve to their level.

Their aim in Life? Undo the good. It's the classic struggle of good versus evil all over again, just taken to new heights. Perhaps all they'#re doing is not that different from us - doing what they believe in.
Old 14-10-2010, 03:48 PM
UltraViolet

I think Demons are entities that we cannot see that make you feel demented like in the film Harry Potter with the Dementors!! They are shadows that can feed off us when spiritually we are in a dark place...
Old 14-10-2010, 03:54 PM
kaze

a dark shadow still needs light to be a shadow
Old 14-10-2010, 04:01 PM
supernova

There are no demons and deities in their physical forms. They are metaphors..

Everyone has good angels and bad angels
Old 14-10-2010, 04:07 PM
kaze

good on your conscious
bad on your conscious
its what you have to live with..
Old 14-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Ivy

Amilius, when christianity came to Europe, in order to persuade people to convert to christianity....(apart from threat of being put to death), many of the christian celebrations were placed on convenient dates to replace the traditional pagan festivals. In some respects, it seems this is what you're doing with the catholic concept of good and evil - rather than question the existance of good/evil itself, you are replacing the catholic view with another take on good/evil.

For me, hell and demons are a metaphoric representation of how I feel about my fears and the issues of life that are presented...and that I have to deal with. In this way, they are as serious as any religion portrays them....but I am responsible and in control....it is up to me to notice what my personal challenges are, and to face them and judge whether I have found the path through or not.
Old 14-10-2010, 11:45 PM
becomingshaman

I think there are many spiritual beings. Some of these entities operate in darkness, and some are on the side of light.

Differing from the Roman Catholic interpretation, I would suggest that beings on the dark side can learn, grow and evolve into beings of light. Some are on the dark side only because they don't know any better. They are more to be pitied than feared, and they can respond positively to love and compassion (with wisdom and appropriate levels of caution). Others have intentionally chosen the dark side and work to grow in power there (for all the wrong reasons). Trying to work with one of those kinds of entities is not generally going to be a good idea.

My 2 Cents...
Old 15-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Okay. First off. I was raised Roman Catholic. I was told the whole notion of demons were "fallen angels who rebelled against Michael and his angels in the beginning." Now I always thought this sounded silly, something ripped out of Lord of the Rings or something. Until I got older and read about Edgar Cayce and became more "spiritual" and threw away a lot of my "Roman" Catholic beliefs.

Edgar Cayce said that in the beginning there were celestial beings, or souls who separated from God in the beginning and this "force" or activity" is called Satan. A collective consciousness of evil, or separation from God.

Now. According to Cayce, God created numerous dimensions and worlds beyond our comprehension to learn and grow and to learn out separatedness from Him until we return to the One. But what of these "demons"? Cayce even referred to Lucifer as an entity and called him "The Lord of Darkness", and even named some demonic entities in his readings as Ariel, Belial, Beelzebub, and a few others.

So who are these demonic entities? Were they once human? Or as Cayce is putting it, are they spiritual entities/souls who decided to never become human and stay separated from God and constantly wage war against humankind?

Even on the show Paranormal State, they have run into these entities named Belial or Beelzebub and many of the psychics have said they are "inhuman spirits"

So what the hell are demons? And why do they operate in such darkness? What is their aim in life?

In all this, one has to remember, Cayce was highly religious, and Ra, the group soul, Cayce belongs to, knows this and took it into account by giving the information.
In later channels Ra would call Satan simply distortions.
If you compare the Law of One with the Cayce channels you might get a clearer understanding what Ra tries to convey. How he/it sees the the light and the dark.
What role they play within the One. How and why it is important to understand the roles of both in order to make our way back.