Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Chelta

Astral projections- proof?

Hi, for starters i'm new here, so hello everyone I'm Chel :)

I started this thread because i have a burning question in regards to astral projection...
it's a topic I've recently become really interested in and I've therefore done a lot of reading on it whilst attempting it myself, with some mild sucess.
But as with any topic out there some of the information I've found is contradictory (although a lot of it matches up). The majority of what I've read so far seems to agree that during AT you are fully conscious, can travel around the 'real world' as well as go to the astaral plane and talk with other beings including deceased loved ones, spirit guides and your higher self. However some disagree and claim that AT is essentially a step up from lucid dreaming, you don't leave your body it just seems that way because of brain processes.

So my main question here is for those of you who have/do astarally travel, do you have any confirmation you do leave your body? For example have you seen things you couldn't have otherwise seen etc.

My second question is, if as many people as claim to can travel astrally why has nobody stepped forward to 'prove' it so far? It would be simple right? And theres even an organisation that offers $1 million to anyone who can prove they have paranormal abilities, that would be pretty great right? Plus it would confirm beliefs and inspire countless people :)

I would really appreciate any input, i think the best way to learn mpre about this is to speak with people who understand it :)

Thanks!
Chel
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome to Spiritual Forums, Chelta!

Right, well, (own personal experience here) -yes I am fully and completely conscious when out of body, with a mind-set exactly the same as my everyday thinking....critical awareness/judgement/reflection etc.

Proof....ha! well that's a thought that for some reason NEVER occurs to me when out of body! Why? I have no idea!
The best analogy I can use is this:
Imagine you're suddenly driving down a fascinating road, at speed.....it is unlikely to occur to you to find out what date it is at the same time, by looking at the top of a copy of the newspaper.....that is very much what the state feels like to me. I am just too busy and forget to think of it!

I am no expert in out of body travel. Far from it. I have been out of body lots and lots of times over a number of years. But I still find many aspects of it hard to grasp and control. Most of the time now I don't get very far away from my room/house. But have had experiences in the past in dimensions away from my home area.

It has not even once occurred to me to place a card (or something) without looking at it first, on a high place which I can not see with normal vision, then going out of body and checking it!
Of course, even if successful, that would only prove something to myself (and I don't even need that kind of proof) -but wouldn't prove it to anyone else. They would say I'd guessed well....glimpsed it beforehand....whatever.

As I live alone, I also don't have anyone to assist me with this experiment. It would be likely to impress another person if repeated successfully over a number of attempts (more than 3)

Yet doing that has never even occurred to me! (weird) I have always been completely absorbed in some other quest, to the exclusion of that question!

I have received proof that astral projection/ OOBEs are actual, tangible, real. living, conscious events with objectivity. To myself of course. It is hard to prove that to someone else.

I went out of body and entered a room in which my husband (at the time) was sleeping I then came out of the room. In the morning he asked me -did I go into his room in the night? He thought he saw me. This was also at the same time of night that I went out of body.

Another small event was a few years ago when I went downstairs out of body, and saw a dog I had then, he was lying in an unusual position in a peculiar place (not where he usually lay) He did catch sight of me, recognised me, and looked interested at first -then bored and I saw his head go down and he went back to sleep. On fast return to my body, immediately I got out of bed, and rushed downstairs to verify what I had seen. The dog was exactly as I had seen him when out of body seconds before. He looked up at me as if to say "Oh no, not you again..."

Later in life, I also encountered my dog who had just passed away, as I went out of body. That came as a great surprise, as at that point even though I'd had numerous out of body experiences I did not have enough hard evidence to know for certain there was 'life after death'. In only a matter of minutes, the real, definite, tangible experience of meeting and touching my dog (in what felt like a very physical way) -provided me with all the evidence I needed. It was a very joyful event.

That's about the extent of 'provability' I can describe right now. But I do realise all those examples are anecdotal, and no proof to anyone else.

A very interesting thread, Chelta. I am looking forward to any other responses you will get.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM
yumi14

Is AP/lucid dreaming considered paranormal activity??

There's someone here on the board who mentioned that even therapists now are suggesting people to lucid dream as a means to resolve issues that are problems in real life, such as PTSD.

So, my question is, is this really paranormal activity when we do this, or it is naturally occurring and a learned technique?

BTW... Welcome to the board, OP.

Your question for proof is interesting and a valid one. I know, some hospitals place objects or cards or something up high , close to the ceiling just in case a person experiences a NDE. If they report a NDE, they are asked to describe whatever object was placed near the ceiling.

I would imagine this technique could also be used to prove AP, but so far, I have never heard of any experiments on this specifically for AP. It would really be interesting, tho! Maybe someone out there can read your post and put it into action! Put the results on YouTube or something.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelta
Hi, for starters i'm new here, so hello everyone I'm Chel :)

I started this thread because i have a burning question in regards to astral projection...
it's a topic I've recently become really interested in and I've therefore done a lot of reading on it whilst attempting it myself, with some mild sucess.
But as with any topic out there some of the information I've found is contradictory (although a lot of it matches up). The majority of what I've read so far seems to agree that during AT you are fully conscious, can travel around the 'real world' as well as go to the astaral plane and talk with other beings including deceased loved ones, spirit guides and your higher self. However some disagree and claim that AT is essentially a step up from lucid dreaming, you don't leave your body it just seems that way because of brain processes.

So my main question here is for those of you who have/do astarally travel, do you have any confirmation you do leave your body? For example have you seen things you couldn't have otherwise seen etc.

My second question is, if as many people as claim to can travel astrally why has nobody stepped forward to 'prove' it so far? It would be simple right? And theres even an organisation that offers $1 million to anyone who can prove they have paranormal abilities, that would be pretty great right? Plus it would confirm beliefs and inspire countless people :)

I would really appreciate any input, i think the best way to learn mpre about this is to speak with people who understand it :)

Thanks!
Chel
The only thing that leaves our body through dreaming or astral travel is our consciousness. The astral body and physical body exist in completely different dimensions thus for completely different locations and so it is not possible for them to be inside, outside, or to enter or leave one another. The only way you will prove or disprove astral projection to yourself is by doing it yourself unfortunately. Even if a wealthy company did testing on someone who astral travels it is likely it would only show some type of significant and notable brain activity and nothing more. We live in a world where we expect everything to have tangible evidence and if not then it is not real. But astral projection and dreaming occurs in worlds not held down by those constraints and so trying to prove something otherworldly such as astral projection in the physical world we live in is a pointless charade, it is only provable on a singular basis by one's own experiences and even then there is never any tangible evidence to support that belief. At least no tangible evidence that exists in this world.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Lonely Dragon

I recall a video I saw of a man who did an experiment in front of live audience he claimed he could astral travel from miles away and then touch this special box they had in the air from the studio, I wish I could recall name of video, as indeed I saw his energy round the box it was barely there and he barely moved the box, but fact is it probably took extreme energy, and in a way he did prove it can be done.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Lorelyen

As with much New Age stuff there's a lot of contradiction out there. Some of it is plain waffle - and the only way to "understand" astral travel/projection is actual experience. It may take time.

A few sources on the web are honest enough to say it may take several months and a lot of motivation. For some it's apparently easy - for me it wasn't. You can only try out some of the methods people offer and gradually refine until you find a way to achieve it with relative ease.

Best of luck with it.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Knower

I really don't think anything anyone says here could possibly convince someone else that astral projection is legit. Those who have projected realize for themselves the experiences they're having seem to be the real deal, and I count myself as one of them...but there just isn't any way to prove to someone else the validity of astral projection. It's just something you have to experience for yourself. There isn't another way. I appreciate all of the folks above doing their best to rise to the call...even I began wracking my brain for proof, but then I erased what I'd written because I don't have actual proof past my own experiences. My only advice would be to try it and make up your own mind. Wish I could provide proof beyond doubt, but my only truths are my personal experiences in the astral realms....and actually? I think I'm ok with that.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Master

I agree with Egadanadage. The only proof is to find out for yourself. There is no other way.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:33 PM
CNC

I think it's very possible to prove, but a vast knowledge of Quantum education of the behavior of sub atomic particles and other areas would be required to fully explain and understand the proof, at least at this point in our world. Some of the required knowledge hasn't even fully been discovered yet scientifically (still just educated guesses and predictions) but the missing link is basically someone at the top of the game in the quantum field, that is also at the top of the game in the astral projection field, because when you cross the two fields, the evidence is there.

The main problem is rarely do people excel in both these fields, and if or when they do, receiving any support or funding on something as controversial as OOB experiences is unlikely to happen anytime soon...but even with a basic understanding of the two fields, you can see the evidence, the dots are waiting to be connected, you can FEEL the answers right in front of you, but a huge investment of time and dedication is required to "prove" it.

I think the impact it would have on people is a little too soon on our evolutionary timeline/scale anyways if you ask me personally. Instead of being a great discovery, it would likely lead to panic and fear at this point. Fear of no afterlife is probably the #1 fear on earth, although not discussed by many, deep down everyone has pondered this at some point. Instead of Astral Projection proving afterlife and eliminating these fears, it would likely cause bad conflict. We still have wars, with thousands of people perishing over religious beliefs, proof of AP would likely stir things up and Earth doesn't handle that very well as a whole currently. Bottom line, society is just not ready, and whatever force that seems to keep things in line for us, be it God, a shared conciousness, or just the seemingly random at times balance of life and nature...it's making sure we don't see the end of the chapter before we read the beginning.

As for proof personally? No, not much of anything I can give you other than the above statements. I have had many "self proofs" as I like to call them. Things like receiving a bit of information (like a word or knowledge that was unknown to me) during AP then checking it the following day to find out it was true...but one could argue that I already had that information buried in my subconscious and was just unaware I already knew it. I personally KNOW that not to be the case, but it only proves it to me and nobody else so it's simply a self proof. Self proofs are a great motivator to dig deeper though, and the deeper you dig the less you care about proving it to people and start focusing on the here and now. The most important thing is right now and what you do with it, always!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Chelta

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses :)
Tobi, meeting your dog like that sounds wonderful! I've read in a lot of places that the spirits of our animals wait for us to cross over and when i think about the bonds between me and my dogs i can't see how those guys would let anything stop them from staying, they truly understand unconditional love :) I find it interesting how you've always been so busy to even think about proof, i guess i will understand mpre once i acheive it, but it makes sense that once i actually manage to go out of body I'll be too immersed in the experience to go all scientific abput the experience. Kind of like if you went exploring in the woods and found an interesting place you would expect the people back home to believe you even if you hadn't taken pictures. That's one way of looking at it I guess...
Yumi14, when i used the term paranormal ability i just meant it as an umbrella term to include all abilities not considered currently to be a commom/normal experience or that lies outside of science's current ability to explain. From what I've read on the subject so far and experienced in other 'paranormal' areas i agree with the idea this is a skill we have but haven't unlocked. I would argue theres a plethora of such skills and abilities waiting to be discovered or even rediscovered in the human mind and i think in the future this will begin to pick up. Ypur example of lucid dreams beginning to be used in therapy for example. However i think this one has a lot of big implications because if it could be confirmed it wouldn't just be testimony to a new amd amazing human skill it would essentially confirm the existence of a consciousness seperate from the physical body and as such confirm life after death among other things. The implications in pretty much all aspects of society, religion, science would be incredible. Worød changing.
Sorry I'm getting carried away xD maybe it will be a case of i manage to go astral and are too excited to remember any of this or maybe it will be so obviously real i won't feel the need to confirm it to myself, just as it stands if i could leave my body now i would try to find a way to confirm it myself. For example visiting a friend and then checking what i had seen was happening, i read one account where a woman went to a friends house early morning as he was getting up for work and looked at his alarm clock, later on she emailed him to ask what time he sets his alarm for and it matched up! Obviously this only confirms it for her but i was just curious as to if anyone else had had occasions like this and if so had they ever thought of pulling a trick like that for others such as "hey, why weren't you home last night? I dropped by and your bed was empty" that kind of thing
sorry ive gone on a bit, i hope i make sense and have covered mpst pf the points made. I understand that experiencing something first hand is the best proof but i was just wondering if there had been mpre objective occasions....