Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Knower
Color Could I be about to meet my spirit guide?

This is my first thread. I'm not sure if I will get a better response here or in a place discussing guides. So I'll put it here first and see how it goes

Ive just experienced this a couple hours ago whilst practicing my AP and just before my vision started to clear, which us usually my cue to "leave" I heard what sounded like a growl...it set me back slightly so I tried again and I heard it again just as my vision was clearing, so I guess as my astral senses were kicking in...so I chickened out on opening my eyes closed them and breathed in sharply to end todays session as Ive never heard any noises before like people mention jet engines n stuff so was a little startled...and also Ive never encountered another being whilst astralling in my room before either not like when I manage to travel so I suppose I was a bit aken aback by something being in my personal space, though I didnt feel afraid so dont know if the wolf/dog or whatever ut was, maybe a guide and not with bad intentions...especially as I have done some meditations this week on bringing my guide to me...though I was too stunned to put it together earlier...
Could this have been the guide I was calling to during meditation? As I was seeking one to show me how to navagate the astral world in particular....but I always presumed my guide would be angelic looking so a bit confused as never met my guide before and thought animal guides were a separate thing to connect to mother earth not the astral world.
Many thanks in advance on any insights⭐❤⭐
Old 23-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Dreams
This is my first thread. I'm not sure if I will get a better response here or in a place discussing guides. So I'll put it here first and see how it goes

Ive just experienced this a couple hours ago whilst practicing my AP and just before my vision started to clear, which us usually my cue to "leave" I heard what sounded like a growl...it set me back slightly so I tried again and I heard it again just as my vision was clearing, so I guess as my astral senses were kicking in...so I chickened out on opening my eyes closed them and breathed in sharply to end todays session as Ive never heard any noises before like people mention jet engines n stuff so was a little startled...and also Ive never encountered another being whilst astralling in my room before either not like when I manage to travel so I suppose I was a bit aken aback by something being in my personal space, though I didnt feel afraid so dont know if the wolf/dog or whatever ut was, maybe a guide and not with bad intentions...especially as I have done some meditations this week on bringing my guide to me...though I was too stunned to put it together earlier...
Could this have been the guide I was calling to during meditation? As I was seeking one to show me how to navagate the astral world in particular....but I always presumed my guide would be angelic looking so a bit confused as never met my guide before and thought animal guides were a separate thing to connect to mother earth not the astral world.
Well first off I would like to say that I have spent literally hundreds of hours in the spiritual dimensions in lots of different regions with in them and never once have I encountered anything close to resembling a set and dedicated Guide. My experience has led me to believe that we do not all have some predetermined standardized static Spirit Guides (if any of us do) as so many people like to believe. When someone goes into astral travel or dreaming under the impression that they are supposed to have a Spirit Guide the first time they interact with a spirit and that spirit helps them in any minor way they automatically assume it is their Spirit Guide no matter how flawed that opinion may be. People like to believe that they have a Spirit Guide, a Guardian Angel, or whatever other unseen force that is divinely protecting them because if they do not think that they don't know how to deal with their fears when in reality dealing with their fears is a necessary step in not only astral projection but spiritual evolution as a whole. So unfortunately their unproven and often unrealistic belief in them having a "Spirit Guide" or any other type of Guide in general leaves huge gaping holes in their growth and leaves them defenseless in the astral. I am not saying we do not have spirits and/or other beings who cannot and do not help us along the way because just as in life we have other people who help us and lift us up when we fall down we have similar relationships in these other worlds and dimensions even though we're not really fully aware of how dynamic those relationships may be and to what extent they exist. And so with that said what could be their spiritual brother or their spiritual mother comes and helps them when it is needed and they automatically say it's their Spirit Guide. Then when another different spirit/being comes and helps them their belief allows them to only see that being as the same being and so they reinforce their belief that they have this singular static and predetermined Spirit Guide when that is not actually the case.

With that out of the way onto what actually happened. Well when you start calling out to a Guide or any other unseen force you're opening a door and we as Human-beings are not capable of ensuring that what comes through that door is what we were actually intending on. So when you call out to an angel, a Guide, a "twin-flame", or a kindred soul you are essentially inviting "spirit" into your life. It doesn't matter whether that spirit is actually what you wanted and expected or if it is some dark insidious force because an open door is opened for everyone and everything regardless of if that was your intentions. Another thing is spirits who don't want you to make a connection with a "light" being who could help you raise your vibration and grow will go out of their way to try and prevent that. Most people have encountered and/or dealt with what would be considered "dark" beings in their dreams even though most of them are completely unaware of it or might not believe in them. But just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist nor does it mean that belief protects you and so the interaction continues even though they are completely aware of it. It's not because Human-beings are generally bad or dark or anything like that it is simply because the place that our physical dimension of Earth exists is rather low in the spectrum of vibrations, which means that the closest spiritual dimensions to our physical dimension and its vibration are lower-vibrational "dark" realms. We are likely to encounter these beings just like someone who lives near a farm is more likely to encounter a cow than someone who is not.

What I am trying to get to is that first off no good-being who intends on helping you by doing something along the lines of what people believe Guides to do is going to do something to scare you which includes growling at you. Regardless of the vibes you got from that it doesn't really determine whether the growl was meant to be positive or negative, more or less it depends on your level of spiritual maturation. Meaning that if a spirit stands over one person laughing one person might be terrified and instantly think it was a demon, but another person might find it interesting and think it was a Guide when in fact they both had dealings with the same being regardless of what it may or may not be. Good and bad is based a lot on personal perspective and views. But I think we can all agree that what people generally call and view as a "Guide" is not going to growl at you. So that leaves me under the opinion that when you opened the door to a "Guide" either something else came into that open door or something that was previously around attempted to scare you to try and stop you from continuing to invite a Guide to come around you. Darker entities are very tricky and play games to try and confuse us and so in my experience when I would do something that I felt like worked against them and opened the door to "lighter" beings they would really ramp up their games and assaults on me that following night to confuse me and make it think it didn't work. But when I did something that appeared to not work they would leave me alone and do nothing to make me believe that it did work. Obviously it's all touch and go with this and what I'm saying now is completely based off of my own experience but I think the general consensus of people who claim to be "light-workers" and have a multitude of what they claim and believe to be "Spirit Guides" and "Guardian Angels" can all agree that no good Guide that you would want to have is going to growl at you. The other option is it was just some random noise bouncing around in the RTZ but I often wonder what are the chances of us catching some completely random sound bouncing around the RTZ at the exact moment we're able to hear it? The chances of that happening are extremely low yet there are literally thousands of reports of people hearing growls at the exact moment they are able to hear it.
Old 23-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Lorelyen

This is slightly difficult for me to answer as I work the paths of the Tree of Life (astrally) and meet entities and guides (sometimes the guide is just a voice) and I was warned at the outset to check that the guide wasn't some malign entity that had crept out of somewhere nasty! - to ask for a sign and check it out. It took care as I started out not knowing what sign I should be looking for. But there was an overriding sign, to ask if the entity worked for Eheieh, the Hebrew name for the Crown of the Tree, Kether. (It actually means "I am" or "I will be". These are symbols on The Tree and do not imply that the pathworker is Jewish - just drawn from old Hebraic wisdom.

I'm unsure how this maps on to your situation but it may be an idea to set up some kind of sign you expect to see/have to check all is well or..., were I to be in your situation I'd probably ask if the entity is an emissary of the "One True God" - not that anyone knows or can experience such a being but whatever is behind the whole of creation as we perceive it. It may also be worth designing some kind of shield or device during meditation, to banish anything that doesn't seem right. Contemplate on taking it with you before you start a projection. But all this, of course, relates to my own travels - on the paths where guides are important if you're to learn anything, and into realms elsewhere.

Still, others may have different advice (which I will happily read myself)! But you will encounter entities that just happen to crop up during travels and they may be there to guide you, or just passing by, as it were.

SO let's see what others think.
Lorelyen.
Old 23-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Knower
Thanks Lorelyn...that is somewhat reassuring since Astral insists he knows everything and is intent on scaring the soul out of everyone looking for possitive reassurance with essay long useless replies...thanks Astral, as if I couldnt sense a bad entity right next to my ear lol
Old 23-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Lorelyn...that is somewhat reassuring since Astral insists he knows everything and is intent on scaring the soul out of everyone looking for possitive reassurance with essay long useless replies...thanks Astral, as if I couldnt sense a bad entity right next to my ear lol
Honestly if my reply scares you then you are rushing astral projection in general. Just because I have a lot to say about what occurs during astral projection and the beings we can and do encounter doesn't mean I think I know everything. I don't pretend to know everything but I do know that astral projection is not all rainbows, unicorns, and sunshine and if you fool yourself into believing it is you will have a rude awakening at some point in time. Light beings have to travel a lot "further" in a non-relative sense than dark beings to reach you. If you haven't resolved your fear of what you can and probably will encounter out there then you have more work to do and I don't mean that in an ignorant know it all way at all, I mean it as a friendly piece of advice that I hope anyone in the same position as you will think about before rushing in astral projection. Far too many people jump into it not knowing everything they should know, under false impressions that they will only have "heavenly", "light", and pleasant experiences when it's not actually that way. Just like we have positive and negative experiences with positive and negatives-beings in this world it's no different in the other worlds we experience through astral projection. People who tend to think more with their left-side of the brain seem to think they can control everything and everyone in these other worlds which is not only ridiculous it is impossible. If we were able to control every being that exists in these worlds and dimension then they would not exist to begin with. And also if you don't want an intellectual and lengthy response to a question then why are you even asking it? Would you prefer me to lie to you and say "it's OK just think about the light and you'll never hear another growl again?" "Just call on your magical Spirit-Guide who has nothing better to do than sit by your astral body and wait for you to project so it can protect you from everything that exists and make sure you never experience something you don't want to?" Realistic questions will receive a realistic response from me if you don't want a realistic response then it would probably be better to create the thread in the "light-worker" or "Spirit-Guide" section and people will tell you exactly what you want to hear. Personally I prefer to offer people the full spectrum instead of an isolated and filtered one completely created by my hopes, desires, wishes, and unmanaged fears.
Old 24-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Lorelyen

This is true. Everyone has a dark side to their psyche and it's very 'clearing' to deal with it. Probably best to do things in stages. Set up some protection supported by affirmations outside attempts to enter the astral. Be sure that the protection goes with you into the experience. When I started I knew that if I got into trouble I'd reach out to a little rack that held a gun. I think it just shot some kind of dispersal stuff. I only had to use it once and suspect that a residual awareness that it was there gave me the confidence to deal with anything should it come up.

And if something does come up (whether or not it snaps you out of the journey) at least contemplate it. Something may be possible to banish it or live with it - depends what it is and someone's ability (and imagination) to deal with it.

To an extent we're all Jekyll and Hyde cases but for most people the Mr Hyde isn't quite such a bad chap after all! Quite amiable in fact. To me, becoming acquainted with the tenebrous aspects of our psyches is necessary if we're going to consider ourselves spiritually "whole".

Old 24-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Master

It is a good sign if you hear a growl as that means you are very close to ap. It does not have to be a scary sound. It could be something nice such as music. One time I heard music and I knew there was no radio or anything playing in the house. Anyway if you hear scary or lovely sounds it is a good sign. There is nothing to worry about as nothing can harm you. When you get out in the astral then you could call your spirit guide. As you know it helps to have intent. If you are positive and not afraid you are not going to see bad things in the astral. One more thing to say, I believe in hope. If you believe in spirit guides and wish to see one then it is possible to see one. If we do not have hope then we have nothing.
Old 24-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Knower

Quote:

Hi Electric Dreams,

Hmmm...Guides. Here is my personal experience with Sprit Guides and accessing them. There are always exceptions to every rule, first of all. I certainly wouldn't say that this way or that way is an absolute, so I'll only talk about my personal experiences and what I know works for me, and what I believe would be a big help. These things can only ever be theory, no matter how much we think we're right...so...good news or bad news first...

I guess I'll start with the bad news. You may not want to hear it, but Astral Explorer is right on certain things, in my personal experience. I don't personally agree with Astral Explorer's outlook on astral projecting in it's entirety, but on a few points here he's got the right idea. In the astral realms are an entire spectrum of good and bad. In my experience, the lower your vibration the better chance you have of experiencing not so nice entities. The higher your vibration, the better chance you have of experiencing good, loving entities. There are exceptions to this, as with all things...but it's simply the best way to describe it. It may not be everyone's personal experience because some people naturally have higher vibrations, and some people naturally have lower vibrations...but if we're speaking in general terms you'll see that there are many people who experience this as truth, on this site, on websites, in chat rooms, forums, etc. This idea stands (for me) as a universal one because so many folks experience it, myself included...or I used to experience this as a child and until around twenty years of age. Was the growl you heard something negative? Not necessarily. In that space between here and there, I often hear random noises. It most likely has nothing to do with you. It's almost as if you're simply tapping into something like putting your ear to the wall. It's not about you. It just is. I wouldn't give it a thought past the fact that this was absolutely not your Spirit Guide.

So vibrations, then. The higher your vibrations, the better chance you have of experiencing a Spirit Guide. Astral Explorer has the idea of negative entities having to travel less space to reach you than a light being such as a Spirit Guide spot on, and not at all spot on. Spirit Guides are always working for you, even if you don't know that they exist...but they aren't, in a sense, just sitting around waiting for you. Within the space of the astral realms that you can traverse, don't expect them to be occupying it as a matter of course. It's not their natural habitat, lol. It doesn't mean that they're further away, though. They aren't. They're just not occupying that vibrational space. You'll find plenty of entities occupying that space, though, and many of them would love to "help you" (not), so opening up in this way and inviting someone to you isn't the best plan. I'm not saying that this is always the case, but it is definitely a possibility. There are indeed entities that would love to find you vulnerable and use you in some manner, and they may not appear at all monstrous or frightening, but perfectly pleasant...until they aren't. There are also neutral entities that would be there to help you as well, as something to do...but they aren't your guides and have no real interest in you one way or the other. I find these entities to be the worst, because you believe you're getting something helpful, and generally it is...but that doesn't mean it's the whole truth, and they're just passing you in the hall giving you directions and going on their way. We've all gotten directions from people. Sometimes they're spot on, and sometimes they aren't and you'll find yourself even more lost than when you started. Generally, getting advice at all in lower vibrations will not serve you, and to invite entities to you in this vibrational space is not generally a good idea.To put it another way, don't ask for help in a dark alley. Sure, a nice person might wander through with good intentions, but mostly what you'll find is that before you know it your purse is missing. Your jewelry, gone. Always beware of your vibrational space. It is indeed the same as in real life. People with higher vibrations most likely go into their projections quite a bit higher, vibrationally speaking, and haven't experienced the dark alley that is down near the physical. This doesn't mean that this lower vibrational space doesn't exist. In my personal experiences anyhow, it does. And I agree with Astral Explorer that this knowledge isn't meant to frighten. Nothing can truly harm you. I had horrible experiences with astral projections my entire childhood, but at the end of the day I woke up, ate breakfast, went to school, played...you get my drift. I was fine. I'm still fine. It's all about your vibrations. Every single aspect of the astral realms, including those lowdown vibrations bogged down in the physical, can be a learning experience, too. There, you learn to overcome obstacles. You learn to find strength, to banish fear. I don't personally think that spending time here is a bad thing for those beginning, because wherever you happen to be there are lessons to learn. Sometimes experiencing these lower realms help you move forward much faster than not, even. These lessons transfer to your waking life. The end game being that you find yourself vibrationally higher.

There are many ways to raise your vibrations while walking around in your daily life, or meditating, or whatever works for you. Raise them, and something interesting will happen...you'll find that your vibrational state will be reflected in your projections, and not the other way around. The higher your vibrations in your waking life, the higher you'll find yourself, astrally speaking. If you wander around your daily life in a low vibration, you are going to have a heck of a time ascending to higher realms in the astral. You always hear of people NOT projecting when they've had a bad day, or are feeling scared. There is a good reason for this. Your vibrating at a lower frequency, and when you're at a low frequency you're more likely to have bad experiences. Some people say, "I always have a good experience regardless! I never see negative entities!". True enough. Some people do indeed have naturally higher vibrations. They don't have that issue. For the majority of people walking around? Our vibrations are the result of so many factors. Are we grounded? Some folks naturally are, but the majority aren't always in that state. Do we feel connected? Some people naturally do, but the majority of people wax and wane when it comes to feeling connected. How loving are you? How empathetic? There is much you can do to raise those vibrations. I'm a person who, as I've grown and experienced and accepted where I'm at, have a very high vibration. I've been humming along at a high vibration for the last twenty years...always ascending higher...although there have been times when I forget to feel connected, forget to feel grounded, am too busy, have bad days, blah blah blah. I see this reflected in my astral experiences always, and I do my best to reflect on it and come back to a place where my vibrations are very high. Aside from wanting to meet with your Spirit Guides, this is just a better way to go about life...and I'll say this...knowing that you're connected and feeling that you're connected are two different things entirely. Knowing isn't enough. You really do have to work at feeling connected and grounded. If you'd like to know how I achieve this for myself, let me know.

So, on to Spirit Guides...

For me? I have Spirit Guides...or Guides that repeat in my experiences at least, and a few extras that I wouldn't call my personal Spirit Guides, but more for specific things...and working for many people. Here is where I DON'T find myself in a vulnerable state with my Guides: While astral projecting. I prefer other methods for connecting with Guides, namely through lucid dreams, and here's why...

Here is how I personally view lucid dreams. They are like going IN. It's all you. Whatever you experience here is a result of your conscious or subconscious mind. When you experience something negative, it's a part of your subconscious trying to get your attention. Something positive? The same thing. We are the masters of our lucid dream worlds...what we are, who we are, what we do, the mistakes we make, the triumphs we experience...it's all jumbled up there in a way that we can see and reflect on. Every single person you experience within a lucid dream comes from you and only you because you're simply awake in a regular dream state. It's your proverbial house, and what happens there is a reflection of you. Once you realize this, it's easy to overcome and deal with the experiences you have there. You're awake in a lucid dream. You can change what you'd like to change, do what you want to do, and be who you want to be. You have the ability to leave your subconscious to your regular dream state and be in charge of what happens here in this awake dream state. You can also decide to invite spirit, family, whoever you'd like into your proverbial house. You can let whoever you want inside of the experience because it's YOUR HOUSE. That goes for keeping bad OUT. My Guides have permission to walk through the front door whenever they'd like and enter my lucid dreams. Ditto with everyone that I love, both alive and those who have passed on. Anyone who means well and has advice, or love, or good intentions gets to enter my house. They can just walk in and say hello. I shield my lucid dreams, which I can do because again, it's my house and I don't have to let anyone in that I don't want to let in. The door is locked for everyone except the people I choose to leave it unlocked for. (Of course whether or not they show up is another story, but if they ever figure it out they're welcome.) It's my personal corner of the astral realms, and I'm in charge here. This is my private space. This is where I connect to Guides. This is where I have privacy to do so...and here's why...

In the astral realms, you have no privacy. You may feel as though you're alone, you may look around you and see no other beings, entities, spirit...choose your term...but you are definitely open in a way in the astral realms that you aren't within a lucid dream. I like to think of the astral realms as a food court at the mall. It's hard to have a private conversation in the food court. People everywhere, and you never know who's listening in. Even at a very high vibrational space, it makes no difference. If you're opening up? Being vulnerable? You've got an audience. This has been my experience. Vulnerability is a human emotion, not something you see much of in the astral realms. There everything is connected, and showing vulnerability attracts spirit, entity, choose your term. It isn't a very good place to be vulnerable, particularly if your vibrations aren't very high. Do I see my Spirit Guides in astral projections? I do, actually. Do I open up or have private conversations with them there? No, I do not. For that, I'll transition into a lucid dream, always. This isn't because I have secrets. It isn't because there are things that I wouldn't shout from the rooftops...it's because when we open up in this way, we become a beacon of sorts. You can be a flame attracting moths. Doesn't matter if it's a good moth or an evil moth...there is a flame, and the moth is a curious creature. Just as you wouldn't have a private connection with someone in the middle of a crowded room, don't do it in the astral realms either if your emotions are open. Do people have these experiences in the astral realms with their Spirit Guides? Yes. They do. All the time. Do I? No. I pull the friend who I'd like to talk to privately with into the other room. This was on the advice of one of my Guides, and as I have the ability to accomplish this transition from astral to lucid and lucid to astral without any problems it's what I've always done. Also? As it's a completely different experience, inviting your Guides into your lucid dreams can have a great deal of clarity. If you shield this dream state, the chances of knowing the difference between a Spirit Guide or your conscious or subconscious mind or some other being who wanders in are 100%. If you happen to experience a Guide you'll know it. You'll feel it. These are beings who's vibrations are like a dog whistle, if you know what I mean. You can't comprehend it. It's Spirit. There is no mistaking that. I always know a Guide when I see and experience one. You will simply just KNOW. If you have the clarity in your experiences, you'll know. My advice would be to invite your Guides into a lucid dream experience instead...to your house. Much easier. Allow them into that space, and you might be surprised. Good luck to you. I hope something here resonates with you, and sorry for the novel! Ha! :)
Old 24-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Lorelyen

So, tell me more about this vibration thing. Does a low vibration mean someone is more tied to the material world or susceptible to obsessions, or is in less than good physical health so their spiritual self is less supported? And high vibration denotes someone not tied to materialism, free of obsession or has already dealt with the dark of their psyche? Because until they have, with the best will in the world they won't be free of it? How does one's ability to tap into streams of inspiration tie in with this?

I hear this a lot on this forum but it hasn't made sense thus far. (And I query it because vibration as physical intoning/chanting/mantra figures in my practices and such tones vary from about 32Hz to ~4,000Hz including formants. How would my use of the resultant resonance (that appears to align the physical and spiritual) affect these spiritual-only vibrations?)

??

As an aside, your last paragraph seems to suggest that once you're on the astral there's nothing much you can do to control things. That hasn't been my experience. Though it's good to stick with whatever you went to the astral for, it is possible to exert control if you have to. I've met one or two imposters during pathworking. Then I suppose we're all different.
Old 26-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Knower
Thanks Egadanadage. That was quite some novel lol

I read every word and you seem to know what you are on about ...I am glad you posted. Especially as you explained there is a clear difference between AP and Lucid Dreaming, as Ive been trying to explain that on site since joining, well done.!
I know I have to watch out for bad guys in the astral, as I have sent one away already as I can feel the difference straight away...unless my empathy cannot be trusted on the astral plane, I dont see the growl beinf ill intended as didnt feel threatened, which I did with the other guy. I have been an empath all my life and can sense evil, untrustwirthiness in an instant but in astral it seems much more intense and clear...so I feel I know who I can trust more or less straight off the bat. But I will make first contact with my guide in LD as you suggest, as that is something I should put extra care into as if I make an error or manage to get decieved in astral and start trusting the wrong being claiming to be my guide, that would be detrimental to my ascension, so thanks for that, will take your advice.

Astral Explorer...I know AP is not all unicorns and rainbows Im not as new as you have misread my posts, and Im no child or idiot thankyou.
I understand theres good and bad...but you dont! You only ever point out the bad...if you do actually know what you are talking about, I ask that you stop posting page long horror stories to newcomers to practicing AP, as you may scare them off the path they have chosen, which makes you the same as the monsters you promote so much in your posts. And I am not scared by your post, just thinking of others as Ive dealt with my own demons...if you are experiencing so many bad beings in AP you obviously need to higher your vibration as I dont have half the problems you speak about!

Thankyou to all your posts and thanks once again Egadanadage for your advice and clarity hun⭐��⭐