Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 28-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Newbie ;)

new, interested and confused!

Hi, the subject of angels and guides is new to me, but now the idea is there i seem to be getting little signs all over the place. My friend, by chance at the weekend bought an old pack of angel cards she had for me, and the art work was by the same artist of a print i was bought for my 21st birthday (17 years agao), ive not displayed this picture for years but had it in a pile of pictures i was thinking of putting up in my bedroom now its newly decorated. Part of the reason we have spruced up the room is to offer me a quiet place to sit and meditate. SO i got an mp3 player and have found a few online guided meditations to get me started. Last night i did one to connect you with your angel or guide. I do have a lot of powerful dreams and can go into a dream state quite quickly but i was awake. It was pretty incredible, i met with an angel type being, she gave me advice. But How do i know this wasnt my imagination? The part which i struggle with is that the reader of the meditation said that as we parted the angel or guide would say some kind of an incantation. An unfamiliar word came to me. Why would the angel do this because the reader suggested it? What should i be doing with this 'word' is this a manta for me to use?
Old 28-05-2014, 07:30 PM
DayLight1555

My feeling is that you would be better off if you just continue your journey with this Being without expectations. Without asking other people about "what needs to happen or what is the right thing"... Just go with what YOU feel or think or believe about it.

Everybody has their own path and their own answers. And just because something worked for someone it doesn't mean that it will work for you. Or it could work the same way also, you never know.

There are many different Beings out there. And many different explanations. And many different experiences and many different ways to get to the same place. Or sometimes people only think they are getting to the same place, but they don't.

It could be an angel. It could be your Higher Self of a Spirit Guide. It could be your significant other from the other side. It's hard to know who it could be. But if you need to put a label on it, go with your own gut. Or it could be your imagination too.

There is no proof, except repetition of experience and noticing patterns.

But at this point, you probably have your own favorite interpretation of this. So just go with it. And ask YOURSELF these questions. And listen to your inner self to answer you. Go with your gut. Go with your dreams.

Yes, you can just doubt things (because it's logical to doubt, right? you don't know afterall). But what will doubting give you? I assume that doubting will not get you where you want to go. So doubting is not for you. Leave it to more logical and more scientific people. Embrace your experiences and explore the inner world of this uknown reality.

And if you happen to be wrong (and you find out later), well is that such a big deal? Will it really do you too much harm? But if you don't doubt and step into this world of wonder, you can get internal rewards big time.

No matter what others are saying. Everyone has their own path and their own experiences and their own lessons to learn.

I am not saying: "don't ever ask anyone". But I am saying that don't worry if their answers don't sit well with you. Follow your own intuition. Don't take someone else's word for it and assume that they are right and you are wrong. Always assume that you are right. And in some sense, for your life, whatever you choose, you are always right. Because it's your life, your lessons, and your experiences. And no one else should know what you should experience better than you. No one else has your guidance or your gut feelings on your behalf.
Old 29-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Knower

Very good advice
Old 29-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Newbie ;)

thanks

Thanks so much, that is exactly what i needed to hear. At the start i suppose it so easy to think ' am i doing this right?' it hard to trust what you dont know, but youve given me some helpful and reasuring words and a good place to start from :) x
Old 30-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Experiencer

It sounds like you're doing very well and going with instincts. We ALL have doubts so don't worry. I've found that the doubts kind of recede as time goes on.