Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Freezicle

Does Lucid Dreaming make AP easier?

Is it easier to AP once you can Lucid Dream?

Should one master lucid dreaming first before trying to astral project?
Old 27-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Master
Everyone is different but many feel that lucid dreaming is just another aspect of projection. Both usually take some work.

Some of the lucid dreaming techniques involve concentrating on doors in your waking life so that when you dream and you see a door, you ask yourself "Am I awake or dreaming?"

There are lots of other ways too. Or it can just happen spontaneously as you attempt to project. Maybe you should decide what you really want to do. In the process of learning, you'll probably run across some lucid dreams and other states that have no name. It's all good.

Bon voyage!

Lora
Old 27-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezicle
Is it easier to AP once you can Lucid Dream?

Should one master lucid dreaming first before trying to astral project?

To answer your question... Yes for most people it is going to help. What I have found is that the only real thing necessary to project is our consciousness has to be inside of one of our subtle bodies, typically the astral body. When we learn how to turn a dream lucid we are learning how to recognize the signs that our consciousness is no longer in our physical body and instead is inside a subtle body. And so those same lessons you learn and apply during lucid dreaming can be used during astral projection as well. A lot of times people are already in their astral body and they just don't know it. Since they do not know it they lay there wasting their time attempting to "leave their body" or bring about the vibrations, but in reality all they need to do is realize they are in their astral body and the projection has already began.
Old 27-10-2013, 01:54 AM
IndigoRachel

maybe learn AP first, then with it, i believe will come lucid dreaming far easier than it was.
Old 27-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Pathfinder

Yes, it is much easier to project for the first time through a lucid dream.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:28 PM
mb6954

I can only project through a lucid dream. When I realize I'm dreaming I only get a brief moment before I wake up. So lucid dreaming isn't something I've actually been able to do. I can't stay in the dream.

What lucid dreaming does for me for the brief moment before I wake up out of the dream is give me a moment to warn myself not to move, stay completely still, not to think of anything but feel myself rolling out of my body.

Without that brief moment of realization I probably wouldn't be able to AP either. The problem is when I don't realize I'm dreaming, when I don't go lucid, I wake up and automatically open my eyes. Kind of like a reflex, I do it without even realizing.

Lucid dreaming has helped me to astral project and I think by doing this the physical body is being tricked into thinking it's still asleep.