Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 13-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Guide

Pink Floyd Fans? Music Fans?

I consider myself a music junkie. I watch tv sometimes, and catch a good movie once in a while, but mostly I find myself listening to all kinds of different music. Maybe it is the way it makes me feel. Who knows..but I love it! However, over the years Pink Floyd has been my go to. Always has, and probably always will.

For the Pink Floyd Fans out there...what is your favorite song? Or if you are not a Pink Floyd Fan, what is your favorite song by anybody??? I'm always interested in what other people are listening to....

Shine on your crazy diamond (Parts 1-5)...favorite song by Pink Floyd! In fact I cant get enough enough of the entire Wish you were here album.

Also been listening to Miles Davis album Kind of Blue a ton. Beautiful album.

Love to hear your thoughts
Old 13-12-2013, 05:34 AM
livingkarma

Time ...
Comfortably Numb ...
Wish You Were Here ...

I still have all 3 on 45 rpm single records ...

OMG! And that would make me how old? ...
Old 13-12-2013, 05:43 AM
Guide

livingkarma- don't you know? age is only a social construct? That is awesome you have those records! I bet they sound better too.
Old 13-12-2013, 05:55 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
livingkarma- don't you know? age is only a social construct?

Ah yes, but my body feels it ...
And the wisdom I have gained over the decades is worth its weight in gold ...
Old 13-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Experiencer

Comfortably Numb is ace. I used to listen to EVERYTHING by the Floyd back in the day, a friend of my brother's was and is mad into them.
Old 17-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Master
I'm a music junky too. I *used* to listen to Floyd a lot. And Led Zep too. Plus Hawkwind, early Genesis, The Stranglers, Talking Heads, Gong, Steve Hillage and so on.

In between it was endless underground House/Dance music compilations.

Now it is Tristania, Nightwish, Omnia, Tool, Therion, Leaves Eyes, Faun, Wolves In The Throne Room.....plus some of the old stuff too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Knower

For me Pink Floyd are part of the whole prog rock genre(which I am a big fan of)so yes they are one of my favorite bands.

Not sure if I have one favorite song but a few would be: Shine on you crazy diamond(all parts),Dogs, Learning to fly, us and them, atom heart mother. The list goes on and on. I like pretty much everything they have done.

Anyone who likes PF should check out these bands: Alan Parson's Project, Ambrosia(first two albums), Eloy, RPWL, Nektar and Hawkwind. I especially recommend Eloy though. In particular check out "Silent cries and mighty echoes" which has a WYWH vibe to it.
Old 19-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Tsuga

I'd spent several years living in Cambridge (...shire), on my travels . Of which some of the time was delivering the mail in Grantchester Meadows, on my postman's bike

But, if I had to choose just one Pink Floyd song, then maybe it would be Sheep. It reminds me of my hometown. And of course, that penultimate whack...ger outa th'road few wanna gro'ld!
Priceless.

t.
Old 20-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
I consider myself a music junkie. I watch tv sometimes, and catch a good movie once in a while, but mostly I find myself listening to all kinds of different music. Maybe it is the way it makes me feel. Who knows..but I love it! However, over the years Pink Floyd has been my go to. Always has, and probably always will.

For the Pink Floyd Fans out there...what is your favorite song? Or if you are not a Pink Floyd Fan, what is your favorite song by anybody??? I'm always interested in what other people are listening to....

Shine on your crazy diamond (Parts 1-5)...favorite song by Pink Floyd! In fact I cant get enough enough of the entire Wish you were here album.

Also been listening to Miles Davis album Kind of Blue a ton. Beautiful album.

Love to hear your thoughts

Avid fan, I absolutely adore Floyd and roger waters solo stuff, not a track I don't like really but I guess in significance to periods of my life its played as a soundtrack to, would probably have to be final cut ~ your possible pasts :)

~By the cold and religious we were taken in hand
Shown how to feel good and told to feel bad.
Tongue tied and terrified we learned how to pray
Now our feelings run deep and cold as the clay.
And strung out behind us the banners and flags
Of our possible pasts lie in tatters and rags.

Do you remember me? How we used to be?
Do you think we should be closer? ~

Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 20-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Guide

I have to do a top ten now...

1.shine on your crazy diamond(parts 1-5)
2.pigs(three different ones)
3.welcome to the machine
4.on the turning away
5.paranoid eyes
6.alan's psychedelic breakfest
7.wish you were here
8.brain damage
9.seamus
10.learning to fly