Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 31-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Pennie Westbrook

Elementals

I am competely a newbie in the area of Wicca, but respect for it and want to lear more applying aspects to my life. Because of that I have surrounded myself with people who can educate me more. The result, I meet my partner. She is not a fully practicing Wicca but she is terrified of an elemental that she believes has been sent to us.

A friend who practice Wicca and her had a falling out. A bad one. She knows he dealt with elementals and one he claimed took the form of a cat. She has been hearing noises in the house that for the most part I just wrote off as her being new to the house and not use to the sounds. But the other night as I was standing in the living room I swear I heard something of what could be a cat size scurry across the floor...nothing was there.

So my question, first any information on this I think would be helpful since I am absolutely ignorant on the subject and is there any way to confirm that there is an elemental in the house, and finally how do you combate these things?
Old 31-01-2013, 09:59 PM
AmberFire

Hello Pennie Westbrook.....

..... you say that a friend who practices Wicca and her had a falling out.... I'm kind of getting lost in the fact of do you think maybe this other person has sent the elemental to you... if so then then that person would not be practicing Wicca for they would be breaking the Harm None part of being Wiccan....
Old 31-01-2013, 10:49 PM
AmberFire

..... what I mean is any person that practices Wicca would never do anything with the purpose to harm someone else... every Wiccan I've ever known have been beautifully spiritual people

..... are you sure you might not just have some other type of pesky spirit that is playing tricks one your SO and just trying to scare her?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Ascender

My own ex-mentor's Wiccan. He threw curses about pretty willy-nilly. I think this might be because the witchcraft part of Wicca doesn't necessarily "correct" for not harming. Not Harm is more on the honor system, but the practice of witchcraft hands you quite neutral tools: extra-sensory attunement, sympathetic magick, and so on. Also, one's personal morality is relative, you can do a lot of harm with what you think are the best intentions at heart. It could be Pennie's partner's friend might just want to check up on her, not to make anybody miserable, but to divine if "people I think should be miserable really are miserable yet" so it should be harmless if not for the fact that it's already a violation of privacy. "Threefold Law" might not work in this case if, say, they don't consider it a privacy violation because their own boundaries are thrice as relaxed as the next person's. As in, they'd expect people to send elementals after them just so they can laugh in the elemental's face and go, "Tell your master that I'm doing GREAT! Because I'm still right and you're wrong, hahahaa~!!"

In your case, Pennie, your partner's falling-out may not have been complete. Sympathetic magick means that you retain something of another person. It is the 21st century. We don't need another person's fingernail clippings or eyelash and nosehairs to stuff a doll with and stick needles into. If the other person still retains the idea of "that magic-user really knows the real me" then that is an energetic connection. To realize that it isn't true, because if the other person saw your partner clearly then there probably wouldn't have been such a bitter falling-out... and if your partner can shift their focus towards aspects of one's identity that this other person didn't see... and identify with that more strongly, "shed the skin" of the way they were under the influence of unsavory company... then, the elemental may either get lost and wander somewhere else looking for its target, or it would remain in the room and be unable to recognize their target. The emotional process has a metaphysical effect.

If that doesn't work, then I'd say either your partner has many more much deeper connections with the caster than can be quickly undone... or, the elemental comes by independently of any personal conflicts.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
how do you combate these things?

From what I gather with the whole story above,
It sounds more like an Imp, not elemental
sent to pester you or maybe it already has been around before you came along. I am speaking in regards to magic practice in general, not only wicca
but if your partner has been practicing the latter
I would expect she is not that ignorant about the thing
and Vanishing Spells.
I don't blame her for getting scared,
but you both may benefit from getting the house Cleansed of Negative Energy and Spirits
Since you do not have a very bad case yet,
you can probably just do a research and pick a good Cleansing Ritual Procedure you may do yourselves.
What I normally just do when I encounter unwanted presence is to tell it off/away. So, whenever something happens to you as aforementioned above, my advice is keep "Telling it to Go Away, It is Not Wanted, and Don't come back!"

For another method, try looking at http://www.wellbeingalignment.com/en...g-therapy.html for Energy Cleansing Theraphy do it yourself.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Master
"Magic", spells, rituals, curses, etc are an application of Will and Focus i.e. mental disciplines used to redirect or channel natural Earth energies. You can deny curses by an application of your own will IF your will is strong.
There is an awful lot of misunderstanding surrounding Craft and it's infantile off-spring, Wicca.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Pennie Westbrook

Amber Fire - Yes, you are right Wicca is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, what we learned was that this group of people she was hanging around with took things to a dark side...as with every beautiful thing there is always a dark counter part or someone that takes the practice and uses it in ways that it was not meant for.

I respect Wicca, want to learn more about it and admit my ignorance on it, but one thing I do know without a doubt it is a thing of beauty not evil. They claim to practice Wicca. They have at times protected her. But when she moved out to move in with me...thought hey approved of me, they did not approve of her leaving them. They warned her made implications that would make us feel that they are trying to harm us by using the spirit world. Something that she knows they have attempted to do before.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Pennie Westbrook

Albalida - Thank you, that does help and some things you said really hits home. The person that she had the falling out with had a close relationship with my partner. Not romantic at all, but certain a high level of attachment. Though we have found that this particular person attaches to a lot of people and does not take kindly to anything or anyone becoming more of a center point for them. Not trying to attack them, this is a well known fact by many. They have been diagnosed with manic depression. Anytime anyone pulls away in any manner, even if just to try to work on themselves then tend to act out in negative ways.

He was at one time a confidant to her. She actually moved here not because of him, but their friendship drew her here. They lived together and shared many many days weeks months of deep conversation. So he knows her well.

She moved out, and he ended up steeling from her. She still holds on to that anger of that. I have told her that was most likely a sacrafic that had to be made in order for her to let go completely. But it has turned out to be just the opposite. A anger that she holds on to and often allows her to completely draw her energy down. So there is still an emotional connection though no physical connection between the two.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Pennie Westbrook

Niabla007 - we have saged the house, she does this when I am not there, so I do not know the words she speeks when she does it, but I certainly smell the sage when I walk in. She has done this two if not three times. It hasn't worked or if it does only for a short period of time.

We sleep with a white candle burning in our bedroom.

I meditate at night with the visualization of a white light protecting the home, protecting her and my family.

Again, not working.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Pennie Westbrook

Niebla007 - realize I spelled your username wrong, my apologies