Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-08-2012, 08:23 PM
gem_88

Advice & Guidance Please...

Hi Everyone,

I feel I am at the beginning of my spiritual awakening. After a traumatic few years, I have been guided in this direction, to turn to my beliefs and take comfort from my faith.

The problem is, I don't know where to begin and I feel completely out of my depth. I understand taking baby steps is the best way, but I would really appreciate some guidance and help.

I would be really grateful to anyone who can help

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this.

x Gem x
Old 29-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Guide

What do you feel attracted to, or what would you say is needed in your life?
Old 29-08-2012, 09:08 PM
gem_88

I need inner peace and to feel closer to God. I'd love to feel some solitude.

I'm attracted to feeling in tune with energies and understanding the bigger picture of spirituality. A wider knowlege is also attractive. I'd also like to make sense of some of the experiences that I have.

Does that make sense? Thank you for your reply by the way
Old 29-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Guide

Yes, makes sense.

Spending time in nature, like at a place with water, a forest or meditating with your third eye towards the sun can give you a fragrance of being connected quickly. Our thoughts demand our energy and awareness, they often make us restless if we don't master the voice in our head that can be babbling, questioning and interrupting everything we do. Anything that makes you quiet opens a door to 'god' - being quiet in nature also brings you closer to your nature within yourself.

You can talk about your experiences with persons who have first hand experience of the things you are interested in. Everyone you ask will have a different perspective, because everyone is unique and at a different point on their journey. So what resonates and feels natural with you can help you to find some basic ground to move into your direction. And you will be guided to find your own answers, because these are the answers that are truly alive in you and speak a deeper non-verbal language. It will not only be borrowing a belief from someone else, but making it experiential.
Old 29-08-2012, 10:21 PM
gem_88

Thank you Lukas. That makes a lot of sense and is really enlightening.

Do you have an advice on how I can tune in to my third eye? Or possibly strengthen a connection with my spirit guide?
Old 29-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Master
For me it all goes back to meditation.

Everything else comes and goes but the rock I've built it all on, and torn it down again, has always been simple straight forward meditation.

Just finding out how to be calm.

Be calm is so close to become.

Oh, and not taking oneself too seriously.
Old 29-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Henri77

I agree about spending frequent quiet time in nature, a local park ,whatever , to connect with earth, just be.... minus phones, computers, noise.

Some folks benefit from reading spiritual material in nature, or meditating some outside (I do this daily)
If you pray-whatever ,,,this can be a great time for it.

Or just before sleep, when your mind is quiet. pray from the heart.

Old 29-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Guide

You're very welcome gem_88.

Everyone can begin building a more conscious relationship with guides and the higher self by inviting them in the morning when you wake up, to help someone out during the day. When you go to sleep you can thank them for all that you knowingly or unknowingly received from them. They are always helping in whatever way it's needed, often we though have to ask to let them know we actually would like help.

During sleeping time, right in that deeper state of consciousness before you fall asleep or wake up you are most receptive for any kind of information - similar like in a deeper kind of meditation. During that time it's easier to pick something clearly up, could be a good time to try out the third eye.

Dreams can also provide stepping stones to build a more conscious communication with your guides - when something feels relevant it can be insightful to ask for more clarity on that before going to bed and be generally open to invite them in your dreams whenever they like. Because we are so forgetful in our normal state, putting a notepad next to the bed is helpful so you have it written down.

Every of our senses, including the third eye, can be used most consciously when we are silent in mind and concentrate on that sense in particular. With progressing on our path we automatically increase the body's energy and become more subtle in our perception, so every modality of our being is experienced more consciously. There are many additional techniques to help with lifting the energy of the body up, everyone will feel attracted to something different that feels comfortable or familiar. It's my experience that we often end up doing similar things like in other lifetimes.