Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Mind's Eye

Wiccans, Witches and the Runes

Are you a wiccan, witch or of the old earth religion? Do you use the runes in your magic and ceremonies? If so, please tell me how you personally use the runes. And also, how do you use the runes when celebrating your spiritual path at Halloween time?

I am currently writing a book about how the runes are used in wiccan/witch traditions at Halloween time. And yes, it is a positive book on the subject. Any traditions you can share would be great. Thanks in advance.

And please remember, Runes in your craft at Halloween time is the focal point here.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Lostgirl

I dont use Runes although it is something i have been looking into more recently funnily enough. They are for divination purposes and not heard of them being used in rituals as such, but i could be wrong. I use Tarot cards as im new with the divination haha!

As for Halloween, i dont do rituals. I know many people who try and contact "the other side" but i light a candle and i remember those who have passed. I dont agree with disturbing or trying to contact the ones who have passed.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Master
I follow the old ways of the Cunning Folk and runes form no part of it. Also, Halloween does not enter either. The festival is Samhain Oct 31st approx - the start of Winter, the beginning of the Celtic year, and the Day of the Dead when the veil is thin and the ancestors may be approached for their wisdom.
There seems to be agreement that runes were in use in Britain from about the 5th century with the Saxon invasions. Cunning Folk predate that.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Occultist

^ and he gets there before I do ... <hugs> Norse :)
I do use runes but not for ceremonies they are a divination tool.
On Samhain eve the Witching hour 3am I will preform free readings in my house to those who ask.
My celebration of Samhain pronounced Sowen... Last's 24 hours.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Master
"^ and he gets there before I do ... <hugs> Norse :)"

Old 19-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Lostgirl

Do you celebrate it for a full 24 hours ?! Wow!
What do you do???
Old 19-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"^ and he gets there before I do ... <hugs> Norse :)"

Its because you are so huggable really lol
Old 19-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
Do you celebrate it for a full 24 hours ?! Wow!
What do you do???
Yes a complete 24 hours of drinking and celebration singing songs good food.
Catching up with family members and remembering those we lost along the way that year.
Hogmanay and Samhain is the 2 most celebrated times of year for me and my family.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Master
I do make a thing about Samhain - striding the hedge. My patch seems to be very rich in doorways, mostly caves but this year, I used a "place between places" and a "time between times" with unexpected results.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Mind's Eye

Well we're certainly off topic, as I knew this thread would be... LOL. But hell, to everybody anyway.

As for me, October 31st is the most celebrated time of the year. I do deck the house out with autumn decorations and usually do a bit of divination via tarot or runes on Halloween night. I generally also take a late night stroll in the darkness and keep myself open for any spiritual contact. It's the pagan in me... I love Halloween and find the entire month of October to be a very spiritually hightened time. It is my time to meditate on life, my goals, where I am and where I want to be by the next year at that time. Every October 15th, I write down what I call the October Journals... And it basically recaps the years successes ect and lays out my game plan for the year ahead. It's very motivating for me and interesting to look back on the following October and see how I did.