Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-09-2011, 06:55 AM
kislany

I think I got closest to AP ever so far

I've been trying to have an OBE for ages and I've tried so many techniques, it's not even funny anymore. Nothing really worked. I tried phasing using Monroe's Gateway Discovery Cd, I tried Robert Bruce's methods, but no luck.

I got in the post recently Buhlman's set of 6 CDs from Bookdepository and started listening to the first CD last night when I went to the bed.

The last track was an exercise on visualizing 3 objects from my home (it is about 30 minutes I think) and I found it amazing. First I started to feel a tingling in my body, then a light numbness, and at some point I started to feel quite heavy and I suddenly heard a loud pop (like a cork taken out of a bottle). Exactly what Buhlman described as what one would experience when is getting closer and closer to APing.

Sadly that loud popping in my ears sort of got me out of the trance and soon the track was over as well, and I just lay down there, hoping to get back there, but alas nothing happened anymore.

But I never got so close before. It's like I almost no longer controlled my body. The feeling was great!

I can't wait to keep on practicing with the new Buhlman CDs, I finally start to see some results after months and months of getting nowhere.

I know it's far away from what many here experience, but for me it's a sign that I'm going in the right direction. Hope one day soon I can post here about my very first AP ever.
Old 28-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Master

That is great. Just keep practicing and you will get there. That is all we can do is to keep practicing until we get there.
Do not get too focused in thinking that you will get the same sensation as it may not happen like that. You may get a completely different sensation or nothing at all.
Old 28-09-2011, 07:19 AM
kislany

Thank you Suzy! I've been reading your experiences with AP and I really enjoy them!
Old 28-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Guide
First, from your post I get the sense that you're slightly impatient... just a feeling. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

My suggestion for you is to first build your foundation through meditation. Learn to quiet and focus your mind... then work on holding that focus for extended periods of time. From there, stuff like astral projection is a natural progression instead of a laboured chore. :)

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2011/0...-tom-campbell/

That should get you started nicely. :)
Old 28-09-2011, 03:05 PM
kislany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
First, from your post I get the sense that you're slightly impatient... just a feeling. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

If trying to AP for almost 2 years now it's impatient, so be it :) It's true, I didn't try it constantly over this time, I did leave it behind at times in pursue of other aspects of spirituality, but I keep coming back to it...it has a sort of a pull over me and I just want to experience it finally :-)

Yes, I've been meditating for years now (actually almost 5 years to be exact). I'm meditating almost every day (did have a few months 'out' due to some real life problems that came into play. I've been quite patient at AP and I know it takes time, but I got just so excited when I finally got something with William Buhlman's latest set of CDs which is more than I got with anything else before (including Monroe's phasing), that I really got excited and decided to share :-)

Btw, I've just realized you're the same Xanth from AstralPulse when I saw your signature. Been at your site several times now over the years, loving it!

Last edited by kislany : 28-09-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 28-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Guide
Well, it's not really over how long you practice... it's, as you said, when you do practice do you keep to a single exercise for more than a week? Are you dedicated? Stuff like that. It took me over 10 years of off and on practicing to finally succeed after I had all the pieces in place. LOL

And yup, that's me... from the Astral Pulse. :) The Astral Pulse isn't my site though, it's just one I help moderate. It's owned by someone else. My site is the one in my link. Thank you for the kind words about my own website. It's much appreciated.

Anyway, keep up the good work. It sounds like you're on the right track, just missing a couple pieces of the puzzle. :)
When meditating, work towards trying for no 'mind interruptions'. Try to hold that for as long as you can, and then increase that duration every time. :)
Old 28-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Master

I type this because this thread it talked about ap sensations.
This morning I breathed in and out. I focused on doing that for a short while. I told myself I can do it. That is very important. It helps a lot to ap. Then I let my whole body relax. I felt much more relaxed when I did that. When that happens I know that is an ap sign. I knew I was out somewhere because I could feel my arms and legs moving around. I could only see blackness. I kept saying I can see. It improved a bit but not good enough. I kept saying it until I could see perfectly. There were fields of grass and some people around. I could also see a few birds in the sky. I felt the wind when I was flying. For some reason I thought I wonder what the shops look like and I was in some modern looking shopping centre. I think I was a bit frustrated because I woke up. I get distracted when I am out somewhere. I am too busy looking at the scenery instead of going where I want to go to.
There are times when we could be out somewhere but we do not realise it because everything is dark.
Old 28-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Trieah

Hum. . . I'll have to try repeating "I can see perfectly" when all I see is faint images too dark to see. Thanks for the tip

kislany, I'm so happy for you, that you're starting to make some progress. I started hearing all these popping sounds in my ear last year, and this year, I made it to the vibrational stage. And since last week, I'm finally starting to get out.

Have you tried listening to any binary beats or subliminal persuasion recordings? After almost a year of listening to those things, it's finally starting to pay off for me.
Old 29-09-2011, 05:53 AM
zephyr313

Impatience is the biggest issue with learning to AP. Focus on mastering bodily relaxation techniques. Tons of them work - because it really is you making the relaxation happen, not the technique. Find one you like and STICK WITH IT. It takes time. Took me years. (what have you got to lose? if you cant AP now its not like in 10 years it will matter if you can't AP then. nothing lost. at the minimum you stand to gain techniques great for stress reduction, improved mental capacity, and windows into spirituality). Once you are good at the relaxation techniques (and you will know when you are good, there is no kidding yourself) practice them on mornings you wake up without the alarm clock feeling refreshed and extremely comfortable. Those are golden opportunities for projecting.
Old 29-09-2011, 06:09 AM
kislany

Yup, good advice here, thanks guys.

Thanks Xanth, I'll keep it in mind - wow 10 years? Lol, I'm a newbie at it indeed!!!

Sadly I've tried binaural beats but all they do is giving me headaches if I listen to any binaural beats for more than let's say 30 minutes, so I sort of gave up on them (at least for now).

For meditation I find that a soothing guided meditation (like **** Sutphen's voice or now William Buhlman's voice since I've discovered his CDs) can bring me to a state of deeper relaxation more than anything else, so from now on I'll stick to these for this step and see where all this leads me.