Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 26-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Neth Rana

How do you know?

So I'd never heard of indigo children until about...20 minutes ago when I started looking at these threads lol. There are things that people say to describe these indigo/crystal/star children, and I feel like I can relate to a lot of them! But I don't know if that's just me going "oh that's really cool, I wanna be special! Maybe I am one!" kinda thing lol. So, my question is, how do you know if you're an indigo child?
Old 26-06-2011, 05:00 AM
AngelicOrin

I was told by a reputable medium, who works with Crystal, Indigo and Star children, that I was an Indigo. :) Other people may have different stories to share. But I do not see myself as "special" or "more important" (and honestly I won't, since that will encourage the ego), and considering I am still learning spiritually, learning what the purpose of an indigo is kind of comes second.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Lostgirl

Theres alot of controversy regarding indigo children! Personally i would try and avoid labelling yourself! I know its not easy not too if that makes sense! I tried for ages to give a name to who and what i am because i was searching for a name and label! I eventuallt accepted that i was me and i fidnt need a label to tell me that.

Anyways i know its not related to your question but i thought it might help :)
Old 26-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Pathfinder

I had a psychic tell me that I was at the tail end of the Indigo children, so like AngelicOrin... I was told by someone else!

But I totally agree with Lostgirl. What's important is to appreciate yourself for the unique person that you are. :]

But if you're still curious (because learning & researching about anything is never bad): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_...haracteristics

Quote:
According to Tober and Carroll, indigo children function poorly in conventional schools due to their rejection of authority, being smarter than their teachers, and a lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline.

& that explains why I quit school the moment I turned 16. LOL. I didn't consider myself smarter than my teachers, but I really needed to respect them to actually learn from them (which I had issues with).
Old 26-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Ascender

They aren't special in any way, they are just more in tune/aligned with themselves.
Old 26-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
Theres alot of controversy regarding indigo children! Personally i would try and avoid labelling yourself! I know its not easy not too if that makes sense! I tried for ages to give a name to who and what i am because i was searching for a name and label! I eventuallt accepted that i was me and i fidnt need a label to tell me that.

Anyways i know its not related to your question but i thought it might help :)

This is actually the perfect answer for the question that was asked. It kind of leads to the better question - asking yourself what you wish to be!!

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 26-06-2011, 12:33 PM
iolite

My daughter has most of the personality traits listed by Tober for indigos. It's been a real challenge parenting her as she really sees herself as my peer. Even as a small child, she'd fight me over who was in charge. Back then it was easier, I could just pick her up. Now she's bigger and if she doesn't want to do something, it takes more effort. She's also quite sensitive, intense and strong willed and has a problem with authority and waiting in lines.
Old 26-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
My daughter has most of the personality traits listed by Tober for indigos. It's been a real challenge parenting her as she really sees herself as my peer. Even as a small child, she'd fight me over who was in charge. Back then it was easier, I could just pick her up. Now she's bigger and if she doesn't want to do something, it takes more effort. She's also quite sensitive, intense and strong willed and has a problem with authority and waiting in lines.

It is my understanding that all children have greater and greater potentials for Independent conceptual thinking. This creates issues with the structured and linear thinking of their parents. Your girl's problem with authority is well founded and divinely inspired.

Once you see her as your peer, your relationship will deepen. She will need that close relationship with you during her teen years more than you may realize at this time.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-06-2011, 12:59 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
It is my understanding that all children have greater and greater potentials for Independent conceptual thinking. This creates issues with the structured and linear thinking of their parents. Your girl's problem with authority is well founded and divinely inspired.

Once you see her as your peer, your relationship will deepen. She will need that close relationship with you during her teen years more than you may realize at this time.

Best Wishes!!
John

John...

Do you have any children??? Generally there are compliant children and strong willed ones. Compliant children do what they are told and generally don't break rules or get into trouble. Strong willed ones must be told many, many, many, many times to do something and once they do, they must complain LOUDLY about having to do it. They try to bend every rule they can and very often get into trouble.

She is also quite intelligent. She was tested when she was 8 (3rd grade) and had the reading level of a high school student and reading comprehension of a middle schooler. She is artistic and a right brain thinker. Solving puzzles easily and easily finds loopholes in house rules. I think I have a future lawyer.

We already have a very close relationship. But I will never be her peer, I will always be her parent. I am raising a child, not hanging with my bff.
I love her dearly and we often have heart to heart talks about the world, life and metaphysics. I spend quality and quantity time with her. We do projects together (we love crafts) But I am first and foremost her parent. It is my job to raise her to be self reliant, help her be the best she can in school and prepare her for life as an adult and help her realize her dreams. I have to be in charge, it is my job and I am OK with that. I have to raise her, enforce the rules and drill into her head the necessities of manners, thinking of others, helping out as member of the family, doing what is right, taking care of business and being responsible. However, I choose to rule benevolently and allow her to stretch her wings giving her many opportunities to make her own decisions. Not quite an iron fist in a velvet glove, but close. I've seen too many sad examples of over permissiveness leading to teenagers making bad choices and ending up either pregnant, addicted to drugs or alcohol or with a police record.

I also recognize that strong willed children grow up to be leaders, CEO's and presidents. It's all in the parenting.. and it ain't a job for the faint of heart.
Old 27-06-2011, 01:51 AM
AngelicOrin

iolite,
it may sound strange, but I understand where you are coming from with your daughter, because when I was small I was very much like her, and still very much the same now. I actually have no problem with authority, as long as they are doing the right thing, other wise I disagree and question it, and funny enough, out of my parents, it was my mother (not my father) who was the authoritative figure and her word was final. Also I had to grow up quickly, after my parents seperation, and mum had to focus on my brother who was much younger than me, as well as her career. I always stayed quiet, as that is the sensitive nature I have, but when I have a passion for something it is intense - so much of my teenage years my mum supported me but also lead me in the right direction, for example: she smokes and that is okay, but she has forbidden me to smoke, and I never will. This is because me and mum have a good relationship, and she is my authoritative figure who I will not question. So now..as an adult, my mum is still that authoritative figure, but also her peer, she is also my best friend, someone who will be there for me.

... Actually I have no idea where I was going with all of that! I was just blabbering, but if you can somehow relate to it. I am glad. :)