Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 PM
BetThisOnesFree

Can we use healing powers to overcome mental illness?

Hi, I have social anxiety, and it is really bad. Ive had it for a year now, I used to be totally happy and content in life. My question is: Are there ways to heal mental illnesses like social anxiety and bipolar disorder using healing methods?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetThisOnesFree
Hi, I have social anxiety, and it is really bad. Ive had it for a year now, I used to be totally happy and content in life. My question is: Are there ways to heal mental illnesses like social anxiety and bipolar disorder using healing methods?

In my opinion, yes. To invite healing into your life is to invite love into your life, and love is an amazing healer of fear and also the many physical issues that arise from fear.

Any technique or modality that comes from a loving place will be helpful, whether its EFT or the Sedona Method, whether its Reiki or Theta Healing, whether its Bach Flower Remedies, yoga or reflexology. These are just a few examples of many of course.

I dont know why, but I reckon the Sedona Method and EFT would be great tools for you to look at. A regular and consistent meditation habit might also be helpful, and if you find meditating too hard, then you could look at binaural beats.

Its also worth me saying I think that these things may not solve all the social anxiety if you are very sensitive and empathic, but as you shift into a more peaceful and easy way of being, you may find that you are drawn less to those environments which are a problem for you, and more to new environments and people that resonate with peace and ease.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:

BTOF... Yes, there are. An excellent method for healing and changing patterns these you mention is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. There's an introductory article at: - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan

Old 12-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Master
I lOve the advise here as I have anxiety too
Old 12-07-2011, 04:48 AM
Air Spirit

Quote:

I have a diagnosed mental disorder for 11 yrs now. I now choose not take medication. I engage many healing methods and they help me survive. They do not heal it (as in cure), but they are very strong survival applications. I also have weekly psychotherapy which helps. It takes a lot of dedication and commitment

Last edited by Air Spirit : 12-07-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 AM
SunMist

I haven't achieved this but one day hope to - if one meditates enough long-term there are studies that show permanent shifts made in the physical brain to reduce anxiety and fear and many positive benefits too. I do notice a short-term reduction in social anxiety when I'm on my game with meditation though I have to keep my practice to keep the change going.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Racer X

Quote:

Strip your idea of "Social Anxiety" away......

This sounds like a "Psychologist" term meant for profit............his profit at your expense!

Ask Self "WHY!!!??"

Why do I not feel like socializing?

Perhaps the social circles you have been exposed to are nasty little "he said, she said" types of social circles; in which case, it is not incorrect to question and avoid!

Poor company breeds all types of "beliefs" which are not in reality .....True.

Social clubs such as bars are not social at all. They are more "misery loves miserable company". These are EGO feeding grounds......

Heal this by seeing THROUGH it and not around it.

Ask Divine Help in SEEING this TRULY and it will be given. Then make whatever CHANGES are required. New friends, new habits, new location, new whatever is called for. Replace Old non-beneficial habits with new beneficial habits and the kind of company you keep will change. The anxiety will then pass because it was not anxiety without reason, it was a call to change for the better. Happiness will not be found in another but rather shared with others when found within!

Question to Edgar Cayce: "Am I going to die?"
Answer from Edgar Cayce: "If you continue going to the same doctors, yes"
1% of all doctors have seen THROUGH the illusions of EGO and are thus GREAT doctors, see them~! 99% can barely tell the difference between an anus and a hole in the ground, avoid them like the plague. Learn to tell the difference through thoughtfully and thoroughly examining your own doctors. Ask questions like "How do you KNOW this to be true?" "Do you offer money back if you are wrong?" "Do you accept total responsibility if your medications do harm?" Watch as they flinch and grow angry and defensive. Is this who you wish to trust? On the other hand a great doctor will laugh and tell you honestly "It is your job to find the healing within and mine to merely help point the way, no medications are needed but some dietary changes and other changes may be most beneficial."

"A Course In Miracles" by Foundation For Inner Freedom, may be something to help you see THROUGH all of this.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Master
Great answer Racer :)
Spiritlite.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Spirit
I have a diagnosed mental disorder for 11 yrs now. I now choose not take medication. I engage many healing methods and they help me survive. They do not heal it (as in cure), but they are very strong survival applications. I also have weekly psychotherapy which helps. It takes a lot of dedication and commitment

I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression and ocd over a decade ago myself and stopped taking medication a few years ago so I can relate to you a lot.
and to the others in this thread.

I now believe that almost anything can be healed..
Racer you make a lot of sense. I am going to have to revamp very soon and have made a lot of changes in the past years before I really knew I was preparing myself for a beautiful spiritual path..

but recognizing the reality doesn't just cut it... it helps but you've got to have more in your arsenal... if you're as wounded as we think we are too..

I think that EFT is one of the most promising things I've ever come across in my life. Not everyone is afflicted; though it's hard for me to believe as I am extra negative and positivity is hard for me to recognize and it feels bewildering to me lol many times when I see people socially engaging and being happy and content; but many people are enraptured in their past perturbation and need a cool tool to remove all of that ucky film..
they shouldn't be a big deal.. We shouldn't be bothered by them anymore.. it shouldn't be some big fiasco to get rid of them! But it does.. but with eft it just takes a bit of finger tapping and talking..

and it can unravel the whole ghastly cloak.

or if you like loosen the layers of useless self shadows

or if you prefer lol peel the pile of old state park stickers stuck to the sticky side of your soul

I think that EFT along with at least some basic spiritual and progressive beliefs will actualize pretty much any person.. all that's really needed is the EFT, but it's better to have some happy hope of a world more magical than the mundane along with it

I also recommend in general to read the Celestine Prophecy if you haven't. I guess it's juvenile in its concepts and conveyance but it was novel to me as I never knew that the desire to be good and all that jazz had such a host as this Spirituality that I now know exists.. I'm reading the second book now but I still didn't fully grasp the first one yet as not all of its concepts are amateur.
I learned a lot from it. as well as this forum of course!

p.s. I have ridiculously horrible anxiety atm too.. I have to get rid of a physical blockade and then I am going to try and heal myself of all my many malfeasances (I'm a Libra so I can use that horrible analogy/pun) using mostly EFT, along with probably some meditation and maybe I will add a couple other things but I think EFT (tho it's a little different, called ESM in the book I'm reading) should take care of the brunt of it.. then of course I'll be freer to explore other metaphysical things and well it's just going to be a miracle to be rid of these ill feelings.. and you can get rid of yours too!
Old 13-07-2011, 07:39 PM
moke64916

Quote:
I used to have severe social anxiety as well. All negativity and anxiety is caused by resistance. The 'fight'(resist) and 'flight' (surrender). When you surrender to 'what is'. And stay Present in the Moment, then you will heal your anxiety. Just keep practicing surrender.