Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Stellar_Steve

Judas

Hello -

I had a quick question to ask of the Christian-minded. I do not intend to offend but apologize if I do. I am wondering where you believe Judas is now. Do you believe he is being punished in Hell for his betrayal? I would think he is in Heaven with Jesus. If Judas had not played his part to betray Jesus, then how could the rest occur in which Jesus dies for our sins? Did Judas do a noble thing by playing his part?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Natalia

Judas hung himself. he could no longer bare the guilt and shame placed upon his conscious because of his actions. Had he paid the price? he was offered silver (cant recall if it was 4 or 5 silvers?) And even though he tried to give the silvers back once he realised what he had done was wrong it was too late...his action (deed) to go against Jesus was done. The punishment layed upon his conscious and he couldn't bare it. That cross was too heavy for him to bare.

Jesus spoke of holding your tounge. An open tounge can cause more damage then good when it speaks venom. Think before you act. Make the judgement on wether your feet will lead you on a straight path or on a path that leads to despair and destruction to your mind and body.

Jesus loved Judas. He never once spoke of no longer loving him either. Jesus loves.

Bright Blessings
Old 02-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Time

Judas went to heaven, according to the bible.

He was really the king on the chess board. Without judas being able to betray jesus, then the whole plan wouldnt have gone "according to plan".

Judas, according to the storys, was just doing "gods will". HE did exatly what was predestined for him to do.

Now, thats where I get lost in chrsitianity, because according to most of the rules, he shoudlve gone to hell... betrayal, suicide, accepting bribes, lying... the list goes on, but he didnt.....

To me this leads to a dangerous path, becasue we can tend to justify anything, jsut by saying "its gods will".

Tink - Jesus was sold for, 12 or 20 pieces of silver, I think some translations say 40........
Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Natalia

'betrayal, suicide, accepting bribes, lying... the list goes on'

Yes but Judas felt remorse for his actions, guilt, shame. He could not bare it. No matter what he did he could not run from his heavy conscience. Jesus knew this. He saw this. Jesus saw Judas shivering, trembling with fear (fear of God) for what he had done. And the last words jesus spoke on the cross were what? "FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY NOT KNOW WHAT THEY DO"
To all that have done and all that will do - sin.
Jesus doesn't want to see anyone suffering. He has mercy and paitence.

Because Judas had remorse and Jesus knew this and Jesus is forgiving and asked father to also forgive ALL that sin. So that they can reside with him in Heaven. To repent, to be remorseful is the start to wanting and needing forgiveness. Jesus is ready, willing, paitently waiting.

Thank you for clearing up the silvers

Bright Blessings
Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Master

And when it was evening, he came with the twelve. And as they were reclining at table and eating, Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me, one who is eating with me.” They began to be sorrowful and to say to him one after another, “Is it I?” He said to them, “It is one of the twelve, one who is dipping bread into the dish with me. For the Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.”
Mark 14:17-21 ESV

That last sentence couldn't be true if Judas finally ended up in heaven. Judas deliberately chose to do evil when he planned to betray Jesus. God simply displayed his sovereignty by using what Judas did for his own purpose, but that didn't take away the guilt associated with his actions.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks
Judas hung himself. he could no longer bare the guilt and shame placed upon his conscious because of his actions. Had he paid the price? he was offered silver (cant recall if it was 4 or 5 silvers?) And even though he tried to give the silvers back once he realised what he had done was wrong it was too late...his action (deed) to go against Jesus was done. The punishment layed upon his conscious and he couldn't bare it. That cross was too heavy for him to bare.

Judas was the treasurer of the group. He handled all of the groups finances at the time. He had no reason to sell Jesus for a meager amount of money for he had in his possession more than that.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Judas went to heaven, according to the bible.

He was really the king on the chess board. Without judas being able to betray jesus, then the whole plan wouldnt have gone "according to plan".

Judas, according to the storys, was just doing "gods will". HE did exatly what was predestined for him to do.

Now, thats where I get lost in chrsitianity, because according to most of the rules, he shoudlve gone to hell... betrayal, suicide, accepting bribes, lying... the list goes on, but he didnt.....

To me this leads to a dangerous path, becasue we can tend to justify anything, jsut by saying "its gods will".

Tink - Jesus was sold for, 12 or 20 pieces of silver, I think some translations say 40........

I think this proves my belief that all go to heaven... on this earth we all play a part in the grand symphony of life... god see us and knows us and accepts both our success and our failures with open arms... he understands that the parts we are playing cannot change our inherent nature as son's and daughter's of heaven... children of love... life everlasting... amen...

When all is said and done, we shall meet together in what we call heaven... and what I call the reunification as one...
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Judas was the treasurer of the group. He handled all of the groups finances at the time. He had no reason to sell Jesus for a meager amount of money for he had in his possession more than that.

I believe Judas is in Heaven right now...he was a treasurer, entrusted with the money. At no time did he ever betray that trust, he was pulled into a wholy totally political situation, it had nothing to do with the silvers.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I believe Judas is in Heaven right now...he was a treasurer, entrusted with the money. At no time did he ever betray that trust, he was pulled into a wholy totally political situation, it had nothing to do with the silvers.

There is another theory I had heard, when I was watching a documentary on the subject. The theory is that Judas never actually existed. He was a symbol for Judaism. It was the original writers of the bible using their sly way of turning people against Judaism and into Christianity.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
There is another theory I had heard, when I was watching a documentary on the subject. The theory is that Judas never actually existed. He was a symbol for Judaism. It was the original writers of the bible using their sly way of turning people against Judaism and into Christianity.

That's one I hadn't heard. Amazing. How much of any of the biblical stories or any historical books are made up, it makes me wonder.