Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Molearner

Searching for the ultimate guru

Many on these forums have been fortunate in their lives to find gurus who have provided guidance to those on their spiritual journeys. Not everyone is so fortunate. Do we avoid going to the source ? Sometimes we seem to forget that the greatest resource is available for all of us....despite where we might live or whatever seems to be a limitation.

I am reminded of scriptures that point a way that is available to all of us.

John 5:39....."You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

Psalm 25:9....."He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." To go along with this verse remember "Blessed are the meek" and "Be still and know that I am God"

In this verse that I shared yesterday on the other thread....it pointed to the value of stillness....."Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.....
This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need."

The stillness called for here is essentially a call to meditation....promising an awareness of the grace of God. By indicating that God knows your needs it indicates silent prayer is called for......this is prayer that calls solely for simply listening and being in the presence of God without petition being necessary.....in this case petition would serve as a hindrance....taking up valuable time from God.

When we consider the benefit of a guru....contemplate the wisdom that the guru possesses.....it is without a doubt the result of meditation. The guru cannot meditate for us. It is up to us to set aside the middle man. God tailors His information and grace specifically for us individually.

I simply want to point out that we should remove any attachment to the idea that we must have a guru. There must be no excuses in our spiritual journey. It is up to us to claim the freedom that is ours to remove any dependencies on others or to look for a scapegoat to explain our frustrations.
Old 24-02-2021, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
When we consider the benefit of a guru....contemplate the wisdom that the guru possesses.....it is without a doubt the result of meditation. The guru cannot meditate for us. It is up to us to set aside the middle man. God tailors His information and grace specifically for us individually.

I simply want to point out that we should remove any attachment to the idea that we must have a guru. There must be no excuses in our spiritual journey. It is up to us to claim the freedom that is ours to remove any dependencies on others or to look for a scapegoat to explain our frustrations.
Do you see Jesus as a Guru ?
Old 24-02-2021, 05:32 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Do you see Jesus as a Guru ?

Sky123,

I see Jesus as the Christ embedded in us. Discovering or realizing the Christ that is within us implies that our personal guru is the closest thing to us.....much more so than any external guru. Jesus is both human and divine.....it is his divine level that invites us.
Old 24-02-2021, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,

I see Jesus as the Christ embedded in us. Discovering or realizing the Christ that is within us implies that our personal guru is the closest thing to us.....much more so than any external guru. Jesus is both human and divine.....it is his divine level that invites us.
Yes I agree, the internal Guru is obviously the closest but sometimes the external Guru can point the way to the internal
Old 24-02-2021, 05:53 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Yes I agree, the internal Guru is obviously the closest but sometimes the external Guru can point the way to the internal

Sky123,

Yes.....Jesus is the guru par excellence until we discover the internal.....:)
Old 24-02-2021, 06:35 PM
Master

Different paths suit to different people, especially in the beginning. Other people are launched on a path chosen for them by others or by "chance".

At some point, everybody should honestly and openly turn to their own inner source of guidance, even if only to validate the path they're already on.

From so many external sources, it is impossible to know which one is right, and how much of it is right.

I guest the most difficult is for the pure atheist: he has nobody to ask.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Master

The ultimate guru is the I AM from where all things come and where all the answers are but getting there is not easy. You are the one that stays in the way between You and I AM. "I" found the I AM through a self realisation, I don't think there's any other way, you either become aware of the I AM that it is at the core of who you are or you don't... because it is at the core of who you are, it's intimate, personal, closer than you imagine.
Old 24-02-2021, 07:30 PM
ImthatIm

I am not sure what a Guru is.

Google search
Quote:
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) a spiritual teacher, especially one who imparts initiation.

*each of the ten first leaders of the Sikh religion.
*an influential teacher or popular expert.

I think we all need examples to see potentials and possibilities.
I have had several teachers in my life, starting with my family.

Now to worship another and not question them could be big trouble.
Maybe we should keep the teacher but throw away the pedestal.
Old 24-02-2021, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I am not sure what a Guru is.
Google search

I think we all need examples to see potentials and possibilities.
I have had several teachers in my life, starting with my family.

Now to worship another and not question them could be big trouble.
Maybe we should keep the teacher but throw away the pedestal.
Everyone has something that we can learn from, some more than others but the ultimate is found within....which we should also question.
Old 24-02-2021, 08:24 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Everyone has something that we can learn from, some more than others but the ultimate is found within....which we should also question.

Sky123,

Everyone is different.....but ‘ultimate’ for me denotes that which is beyond question......this is defining ‘within’ as the Spirit of God....:)