Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Master
Correct way to pray

I've read a few comments that talk about praying. You are supposed to pray like you believe you already have what it is you are praying for. And you ask God for what you want when your pray.

So, how do YOU pray? What works for you?

zipzip
Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
The Feather

Well if you pray for something you want, does that not mean you don't truely belief you already have it?

So if you want to use prayers as a mean of changing your mindset, I would say you should be grateful for the nice life etc. you already have (believing that you have it), so instead of asking for something, say thank you for it.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 PM
abikisses

The correct way of praying comes from the heart in all its sincerity.

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Master
I don't really pray. I just talk to God, I don't ask or beg for anything because I know God knows already what I need and want. I usually send love to God and feel the love return, I speak to god of my worries. And when I say God I mean in my belief Jesus. I meditate with jesus and I know that Jesus will take care of me that's how I pray.
Spiritlite.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Shim

The Disciples prayer was given by Jesus to pray. In it we can learn that we are to pray for the father's will. Not our will but the fathers (selflessness).

Our Father in heaven
Hallowed be your name
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is heaven ect...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Jakkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I don't really pray. I just talk to God, I don't ask or beg for anything because I know God knows already what I need and want.

Same here. I was an only child till the age of 8, and always used to talk to myself, just so Id have someone to play with. I continued to talk to myself for years afterwards - as a way of looking at a problem differently, or having a discusiion with myself. It never bothered me that, even if I had a strong opinion on something, there would always be a bit inside me that would see the other side of the argument. I just believed in balance, I guess :).
But since coming into the faith a little over 4 months ago, I have realised that it wasnt myself that I was talkign to. I never realised it, but I was 'praying' just by talking to Jesus as an equal and a friend.
Nowadays my method has changed slightly. Now that i know who Im talking to, I tend to try and understand the 'other side' of the discussion, rather than oppose it within myself.

Only rarely do I actually, consciously pray to Jesus. But again, it is usually more for understanding, than a wish for something to be changed. Wishing is pointless - Gods will is going to happen, and there isnt much you can do aboutt it :P... So I ask for understanding as to what He is trying to tell me, or what He has planned for me.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkie
But again, it is usually more for understanding, than a wish for something to be changed. Wishing is pointless - Gods will is going to happen, and there isnt much you can do aboutt it :P... So I ask for understanding as to what He is trying to tell me, or what He has planned for me.

Excellent comments, this is how I feel too. I mean, Jesus or God of whichever religion isn't a gamble, like hey if I pray really well (whatever that means) for this thing, I'll get it, eventually, lol.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Master
thanks everyone for their insights.

zipzip
Old 03-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Gracey

with humility i pray (talk)....if it is the will of the creator to act on what I pray for....humility.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Ascender

I usually recite an evening prayer and have intentions and thanksgiving. At school it's the same thing.