Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 15-03-2011, 03:01 PM
luvblooms

Give back to Mother Earth by helping the bees!

The bee population is disappearing, not just decreasing.

Did you know a bee must visit 2 million flowers to create just 1 pound of honey?

That's an awful lot of work for our sweetie goodness.

Helping is easy, just plant flowers. Leave a few dandelions in your yard. Plant some bulb flowers so you may enjoy them year after year. Lavender is especially helpful to the bees.
Old 15-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvblooms
The bee population is disappearing, not just decreasing.

Did you know a bee must visit 2 million flowers to create just 1 pound of honey?

That's an awful lot of work for our sweetie goodness.

Helping is easy, just plant flowers. Leave a few dandelions in your yard. Plant some bulb flowers so you may enjoy them year after year. Lavender is especially helpful to the bees.

we try to help the bees by keeping our own hives. unfortunately we lost 2 of our hives last year to moth larva investation. but we still have one very healthy hive left from which we intend to transplant a queen and some workers to another box in the hopes of starting another hive.

bees LOVE mimosa trees!
Old 15-03-2011, 04:27 PM
luvblooms

So happy to hear that Internal Queries!!!

Sending Love & Light to your hive(s) and colony! May they be healthy and multiply!

Many blessings to you, as well, for taking on such a wonderful and huge commitment!
Old 15-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvblooms
So happy to hear that Internal Queries!!!

Sending Love & Light to your hive(s) and colony! May they be healthy and multiply!

Many blessings to you, as well, for taking on such a wonderful and huge commitment!

we love our bees. we look upon them as a grumpy collective pet. we mourned the loss of those 2 hives (i literally cried) but unless you catch a moth larva infestation immediately and remove the infested frames you can't stop the infestation at all since you can't use pesticides. and the infestation spreads through the combs so fast! however, i do take comfort knowing that though our bees abandoned our boxes they did go somewhere into the forest to rebuild their colonies.

thanks for the many blessings!
Old 15-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Master
Nice thread luvblooms and great advice. I'd like to add that so many times people find themselves in a situation where they have a hive in a place that they feel is threatening to their family and this contributes to decline of bees if they are killed.
Personally, I just can't kill anything so I avoid having to be put in a jam where I may have to make such a painful decision by taking precautionary measures to ensure that there are no openings for bees to make hives in places like swingsets and outdoor light fixtures when Springtime arives.
I use a brillo pad like material to fill large gaps and spray expanding sealant in others.
It doesn't sound like much but it helps.
The other thing we can all do is stop using pestisides or lawn fertilizers. Lush green lawns are not natural and those dandelions serve so many when left alone.
Thanks for listening........James
Old 21-03-2011, 04:08 AM
luvblooms

Great advice too, James!