Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Pathfinder
Guides - A General Overview

This is my view of what Guides are. :)

When we are born into this world we often have no memory or recollection of where we came from or why we are even here. We are born into this physical body ready with the intentions to experience life on this world we call planet earth, but coming here we forget everything that we are and even the designed plan of what we had set out to accomplish while on earth. The veils of amnesia so thick that it is easy to believe that we only have this one life to get it right whatever right means. Most people feel that they are a soul within these bodies in which we exist. Many people feel like they have a purpose even if they don’t know what it is. So if we have this grand plan for ourselves that was designed even before we are born, how is it we stay on path when it is so easy to stray? This is a chaotic world where seemingly everything around us is just out of control. People trying to figure out and find their way while being told what to do and how to act in a way that is considered socially norm. Decisions have to be made constantly, every second and every moment in your life. How do you know which decision to make or which path is right?

Although we are born with this veil of amnesia, our souls retain a memory of the plan for what we are to accomplish while experiencing physical life. At first this might sound impossible considering if we can’t remember then how is it our soul remembers? Consider how is it that you know what you wanted to do with life since a small child. Or when you want to do something you know it in your gut that it is what you want to do. Or how about when you feel uneasy even nauseous when you are about to do something you know deep down you shouldn’t do. This is your soul talking to you. Your soul doesn’t talk to you in words for it is who you are but your soul lets you know when you are heading in the right or wrong direction by the deep seated feeling that resonates deep within you. You as a soul are a very wise being, you knew before coming to this world that while in life you would be making decisions on a constant basis which even includes ignoring yourself. No one knows you better than yourself, so your soul has a backup plan to help you along in your life.

This is where our guides come in. You don’t think the creator would really send us down here alone? To fend for ourselves in a world with a bunch of people trying to find their own way and to navigate through all the challenges, and somehow make it out on the other end with our goals completed that was set out for us before we even came to this world. Each and every one of us comes here with a guide and our guides know what our plan is and how to keep us on track with that plan. For it would be nearly impossible for many of us to do on our own with near complete amnesia of even remembering that we are more than just flesh and bones.

So how do guides guide us? Guides are not meant to give you answers, but to guide you to the answers that you seek. Their purpose is to guide you so you can come to your own conclusions and answers. If they gave you the answers all the time how will you learn? Guides will never tell you what to do, but will give you suggestions for your highest good. They are also there to keep you on your path of your predesigned plan, but they won’t force you to stay on that path, just nudge you here and there when you begin to stray. This is because they will not interfere with your own free will to make your own decisions and come to your own conclusions. They do not tell you if your decisions are right or wrong. Because of this a guide would never tell you what to do and respect ALL decisions that you make. They love and respect you all the same. However it doesn’t mean they won’t keep trying to get you back on your path should you stray, their love is complete and unconditional. Their patience is as endless as the universe itself and they never leave your side.

So how do you get a guide? Depending on your soul’s development prior to coming into this physical life, you are either assigned a guide or you make an agreement with another soul willing to become your guide. This is all done out of pure love for one another and the desire to be of service to others. If your development is at a stage where you are assigned a guide, this guide who understands how difficult it is to incarnate on earth is willing and eager to be your guide out of pure love for you. They know you will make decisions that may take you far from the plan set out for you during that physical life, but they are experienced and up for the challenge of helping you. They do it because their gratification is seeing you succeed and you benefit from a loving guide that does not judge nor love you any less for any decisions you might make in your physical life. If your soul development is at a stage where you can make arrangements with another soul to be your guide, this relationship is because it is a benefit to both of you. You might be advance enough that an experienced guide isn’t necessary but you still need guidance through physical life to help keep you on your path. So you accept another soul to be your guide because that soul wants to experience being a guide. You have to remember, at soul level, we do not have human responses such as fear or hate. Those are human emotions that come with the human body we inhabit. So when we make arrangements with other souls to help us during our physical lives, it is out of pure love and desire to help each other nothing more. We make these arrangements because we know we will forget when we are in our human bodies. Since our guides will not incarnate they retain all the memories of what we are to accomplish while we are experiencing life and therefore help us through while we walk through life with amnesia.

How do our guides speak to us? It all depends on how you perceive the world. Some people hear their guides through clairaudience, meaning hearing voices. But if you consider hearing voices in your head a bad thing, your guide will choose another way to communicate to you. If you are a person that finds meaning in nature where animals give clues to what you should do, your guide may use animals as symbols to communicate with you. If you go through life oblivious to the very fact you have a guide, your guide will probably guide you by drawing your attention to something you are supposed to do or even allow you find items or clues to lead you to where you are supposed to go, or to find the answers that you seek. Guides do not have to speak to you in words to guide you, they have many ways to keep you on your path and guide you.

What do our guides look like? Since our guides are not incarnated in a physical body, in the very essence of the word, they are just pure energy of a soul. But they can manifest to you in a form that has the most meaning to you. Some people may consider their guides to be guardian angels, beings of light with pure unconditional love and a messenger of god. Well, if you really think about it, this isn’t far off from the truth. They are, like us, beings of light, with pure unconditional love and because we are all born from creator we are also messengers of god. Some people follow a more native Indian thought, where animals hold great meaning. Their guide may then manifest themselves as an animal of deep importance to them. A guide may have a preferred form to appear to you, but they will not use that form if it is not beneficial to you. Say they like a form of a fairy, if you don’t believe in fairies, that form would not be beneficial to you, for you would just ignore them. The thing is, a guide will do whatever is necessary to be able to guide you and that includes taking forms that resonate strongly with you.

How does our soul and guide work together? As we move through life we can get so caught up with the physical things we are doing that we can begin to ignore what our soul is trying to tell us. This means doing things where we begin to drift off the path that we set out to complete. Our lives begin to feel like its spinning out of control, that there is no purpose for our lives. Depression can set in as everything seems to become meaningless. We have lost the ability to hear our souls. We ignored those gut feelings for so long we can’t even feel them anymore underneath all the pain and sorrow we are experiencing. When this happens, our guides kicks into high gear working on ways to guide you back onto your path to where you can hear your soul again. If you are stuck in a rut and can’t see where to go next, a thought might suddenly appear out of nowhere that you haven’t thought of before. Or a solution will present itself that you didn’t notice before. Your guide knows the best way of getting your attention and will do what is necessary to guide you back. Again you can ignore all the signs and stay in the state of mental despair but your guide does not give up. They will keep trying to reach you for as long as necessary. On the other side of the coin, when you are heeding your souls guidance, your guide takes a step back and allows you to experience, learn and grow on your own. They only step in when you need a bit of guidance to find your own answers by pointing you in the right direction. They also can implant an idea in your mind or lead you to a new experience for your highest good when you are ready for that new experience. When you, your soul and your guide are working in concert with each other a world of possibilities seems to opens up for you. Life is an adventure, full of wonder and surprises, where you look forward to each new day with excitement and motivation.

Can you have more than one guide? Absolutely but you always have one main guide who is with you from birth until death and to help you transition back to the ethereal realm when your physical life is complete. When you reach a certain point in your development in life a new guide maybe brought to you for a specific task or lesson and then when that task is complete they might leave to allow another guide to come in. These types of guides or mentors may even come to you in a physical form. Have you ever had a person suddenly appear in your life who had a huge impact upon you that can be life altering and then suddenly gone? These guides are not meant to stay around you, but come in when you are ready for them, to teach you and guide you through a certain point in your life. When that task is accomplished they leave. Their leaving is never a sad thing for them, they knew they helped you and they love you just the same as your main guide loves you. These guides have agreed to help many other souls on their journey to and when it is your time for them, they give you their undivided attention in guiding you. When you complete your task or are ready to stand on your own, they leave for their next soul to help guide forward.

This overview of what guides are and what they do is only just a snapshot into a much larger view and understanding. Their love for you is so unconditional that they remain by your side no matter how you feel or where you at in life. If you have lost your way, they will do whatever they can to guide you back. If you are on your path they will present new lessons for you to discover and learn. So when someone says to you, you must have somebody watching over you…. Indeed you do.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:14 AM
sunny shine

I have larger questions; for which i dont know if i may have answers any time near. who is creating these plans? why is it created? why do all of this need to be so complicated?

Last edited by sunny shine : 04-11-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Pathfinder
After spending much time reading so many different varied viewpoints on who makes these decisions, the one thing seems to be in agreement with. You have a say in what you want to accomplish in this life.

You along with others come together to help formulate a plan with you to give you the best opportunity to accomplish these desires of what you want to do in this life. Agreements are made with other souls to come in to either help you along.. or to put challenges in front of you so that you have as many opportunities to accomplish your goal.

Who helps us? I don't know.. there are so many ideas about that. Some say a council of elders will help you determine your path. There are those who help design your life, meaning.. depending on what kind of things you want to accomplish in life, they find a suitable body for you to incarnate in. You have a choice of what body you choose, but they bring you ideas and options.

Another common thing I seem to come across is that we are all trying to attain the same thing, to return to creator or god if you so choose. But it seems we have a very busy life... in between lives.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Master
Beautiful you put things so well, yeah I love how you describe guides and anyone new to the concept of having guides will find this very informative. I love my guides.....they are such help and although they don't "push" me they will help if I need it.
xoxox
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Master
(((((nova))))) what an amazing way to look at your Guides ! Thank you for sharing this. I am not new to Guides yet I am learning from them and new Guides are opening up to me. Great information nova!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Seeker
a very interesting and informative read, thank you for posting

xx
Old 06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Excellent, novaspirit.

I have a hard time imagining that my Spirit Guide actually physically manifests at
some point in my life. But that's just me.
What do I know - anything's possible, right?

I learned around 1988 how to contact my Guide(s).
And it sure did work ---you could give me a deck of cards
and I'll tell you what the overturned card is - by fine tuning
that contact.
It's all about listening and differentiating the "voices" or whispers
inside. And practicing and trusting.
It's that same place, "You'd better take your umbrella today." comes from !!!

Same place that will say, "5 of clubs".
Now that is not why they are there - for parlour tricks - I'm just sayin'...they are right "there".
Thanks again for the thread, novaspirit.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-11-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Pathfinder
I am so glad you all enjoyed the post and I do hope it is helpful in understanding the concept behind guides. Considering this is just a small thought into a larger picture. :)

Miss Hepburn, awesome in how you fine tuned into your guide. But yes a lot of it is listening to what is within you and paying attention to what is going on around you. I personally do not think our main guide would incarnate into a physical form while you are in a physical form. But I think that a guide who decides to help many different souls could incarnate into a physical form to help those they come across in their physical journey. Why would they do that? I have pondered for quite some time. Maybe they are here for two fold purposes, not only to help their own evolution forward, but to also be the most effective guide for what they agreed to do with other.

It would only be one of the numerous and maybe limitless ways of how we are all guided in our lives. :)

But in that.. I love guides.. and appreciate them for all that they do for us that is selfless and in pure love for all of us.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 PM
frankharris

I have a friend who was able to visualise one of her guides so well that an artist friend was able to paint a portrait that could easily be a photograph.

Frank
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankharris
I have a friend who was able to visualise one of her guides so well that an artist friend was able to paint a portrait that could easily be a photograph.

Frank
Wow.
That reminds me of Sister Faustina - now St. Faustina, d. 1938
She was a nun in Poland and Pope John Paul really honored her.
She was having these Visitations of Jesus - even for Catholics -
you are placed under enormous scrutiny.

If this is of interest to anyone:

"In the evening, when I was in my cell, I became aware of the Lord
Jesus clothed in a white garment. One hand was raised in blessing,
the other was touching the garment at the breast. From the opening
of the garment at the breast there came forth two large rays, one
red and the other pale. In silence I gazed intently at the Lord;
my soul was overwhelmed with fear, but also with great joy. After
a while Jesus said to me, 'paint an image according to the pattern
you see, with the inscription: Jesus, I trust in You.'"

In her Diary 47 - Jesus said, "Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus I trust in You."

Hope this wasn't too off topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru