Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Experiencer

what is the kundalini?? how do i get rid of it?

recently i began to feel this extremely strong force swirling around at the base of my spine.it all started while i was meditating one night when i began to focus on what my body was feeling inside, there has always been this kind of strange force inside me if i choose to focus on it, so i did, then suddenly, i noticed that what i was feeling was the energy of everything around me flowing through me.so i just sat there and felt it, played with it, i moved up around and such.
after a few minuets of doing this, i started to feel this crazily insane force at the bottom base of my spine, it felt as if it was swirling around and then it would deeper inside my spine and travel upward a couple inches and then travel back down, it is so strong that my body contracts from it and my body begins to start convulsing.

this force is so powerful that it literally feels like it is ripping me apart, no mercy at all. i dont know how else to discribe this other then saying its complete chaos when this stuff starts to move around.i cant stop it, the only thing i can do is snap out of my meditation and walk around.

as of now, i refuse to meditate because of this force, it keeps harassing me every time i meditate.i feel like if i allow this force to run wild, then it may acually do physical harm to my body.

i just heard from someone that it may be the kundalini energy thing, how ever, i have always assumed that activating chakras should feel good....this is the oppisite of good, its down right horrible and scary.

please, if anyone knows about this or has experienced it before, tell me how to stop it from happening, i really want to meditate again.
its so scary because i know if this force travels into my stomach area, its going to push my insides around and i can not see how that could ever lead to anything good..it feels like it penatrates through everything it touches.

important update: guys, i been searching for info about this kundalini thing, and i knew it! people are actually saying that it is dangerous if you cant control it or know what your doing.
i read that if you let this kundalini energy shoot through your other chakra points, then there is a great chance that it messes up your conscious mind and makes it look like you went insane to others, there is a report of one guy who messed with kundalini energy as a kid and his parents almost sent him to a mental insitute.
dang, im already crazy enough as is, i do not need this :(
Old 27-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Knower

Don't be afraid. It is a femine force that rises from the root chakra to the crown. I am not an expert on the subject,but i know it can be useful.
Old 27-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Master
It's quite natural for fear to arise when we feel this tremendous energy moving inside of us, but kundalini itself isn't the issue, I don't think - it's our attitude towards it. If we perceive it as a threat to our very existence, naturally we tense up, and when kundalini meets resistance in the body, the result can be the most excruciating pain and discomfort (I speak from personal experience here ). So I think that in this instance, what we really need to give our attention to is not the kundalini energy, but the resistance that it triggers - resistance that has always been there, waiting to be triggered.

Of course, people can also run into problems when they try to manipulate and force the energy; in both cases, whether we're in resistance or we're consciously trying to manipulate it, we're attempting to control it, rather than trusting it and allowing it to move through us naturally. So my advice would simply be to be watchful of any tension that arises, to breathe into that tension, and allow yourself to relax.
Old 27-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Experiencer

It is frightening the first time you feel this energy move, I thought no way this amount of energy should be in my body when it happened to me, but I would go along with what a human being has said.
I can trigger it off by visualising the female form and energy, it is a controlling mechanism for me, that energy has to be there though, all it's doing is what does naturally....I've read nothing on kundalini energy, but the symbol of the serpent hits it right on the nail for me, thats exactly what I originally thought it was.

so relax and don't force anything.
Old 27-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Yahoo/Google search Marlyse Carroll Kundalini Explained for some more information on this subject matter...

It can be destabilizing and disorienting for a period of time - but ultimately in the long run incredibly healing and transformative...

If you strongly feel that now is not the right time for you to experience this - then you would best be served to temporarily discontinue your meditative practices. In the interim I would continue to do reading & research into the subject matter so you can become more aware of the nature of this energy and counteract fears/concerns about it. When the time is right for you to explore this energy futher, you will intuitively/instinctively be guided to do so...
Old 27-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Experiencer

I've never really looked in to it wolfgaze so I will check the link out, thanks.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
It's quite natural for fear to arise when we feel this tremendous energy moving inside of us, but kundalini itself isn't the issue, I don't think - it's our attitude towards it. If we perceive it as a threat to our very existence, naturally we tense up, and when kundalini meets resistance in the body, the result can be the most excruciating pain and discomfort (I speak from personal experience here ). So I think that in this instance, what we really need to give our attention to is not the kundalini energy, but the resistance that it triggers - resistance that has always been there, waiting to be triggered.

Of course, people can also run into problems when they try to manipulate and force the energy; in both cases, whether we're in resistance or we're consciously trying to manipulate it, we're attempting to control it, rather than trusting it and allowing it to move through us naturally. So my advice would simply be to be watchful of any tension that arises, to breathe into that tension, and allow yourself to relax.

good advice, how ever i do not think i can do what you ask, this energy is so strong that i know with out any doubt that it will harm my physical body, i do not want to take the chance of experimenting with it just to see what happens, the way i see it, i would not point a loaded gun at my stomach and then pull the trigger just so i can see what happens, so to me, this energy i feel would be the equivalent of shooting myself just to see what happens.

is there a way for me to avoid this energy?

i amstarting to think that we are not talking about the same thing, maybe i should see a doctor.
Old 27-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Yahoo/Google search Marlyse Carroll Kundalini Explained for some more information on this subject matter...

It can be destabilizing and disorienting for a period of time - but ultimately in the long run incredibly healing and transformative...

If you strongly feel that now is not the right time for you to experience this - then you would best be served to temporarily discontinue your meditative practices. In the interim I would continue to do reading & research into the subject matter so you can become more aware of the nature of this energy and counteract fears/concerns about it. When the time is right for you to explore this energy futher, you will intuitively/instinctively be guided to do so...

so there is no way to stop it?
i have no choices but to either deal with it or stop meditating?
i always thought i have made much progress in my short amount of time i spent practicing such spirutual concepts, i never needed this energy before, why do i need it now?
Old 28-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
good advice, how ever i do not think i can do what you ask, this energy is so strong that i know with out any doubt that it will harm my physical body, i do not want to take the chance of experimenting with it just to see what happens, the way i see it, i would not point a loaded gun at my stomach and then pull the trigger just so i can see what happens, so to me, this energy i feel would be the equivalent of shooting myself just to see what happens.

is there a way for me to avoid this energy?

i amstarting to think that we are not talking about the same thing, maybe i should see a doctor.
Do you actually know that? This is just my perception, of course, but it sounds to me like you're making a fear-based assumption. I mean, you've equated it with a loaded gun - it sounds like you view the kundalini as a threat to your very existence.

It also sounds to me like you're feeling victimised - 'I didn't ask for this, why's it happening to me?' (you said in your first post that it was 'harassing' you - again, I think this is a question of perception, I don't think it's the truth of the situation). You also talk about wanting to be rid of it, or avoiding it, which suggests to me a state of non-acceptance. So, as I say, the issue here appears to me to be your attitude towards the kundalini, and not the kundalini itself.
Old 28-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
so there is no way to stop it?
i have no choices but to either deal with it or stop meditating?
i always thought i have made much progress in my short amount of time i spent practicing such spirutual concepts, i never needed this energy before, why do i need it now?

Probably the only way now is to curb your meditation sessions down, and it will slmmer it down and the energy bursts will not be as violent, but once the process has started it will still be operating in the back ground...the door has been opened so to speak.

meditation will only extend your awareness, and this is a part of your awakening, and a good start to examine your fear in regards to this.

you may have to leave it for a while before the energy settles down, just don't panic when it kicks in again, hopefully it will settle down.....in my case it still continues but only gently now, so thats why I say it may be a continual process for you.