Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Raven Poet

Guidance please for my fright over spirit voices

Hi. I am also posting this thread in "Angels and Guides" forum.

I am frustrated and disappointed with myself today for my fright experience last night. i invite members to share some guidance with me as to why I was frightened by hearing spirit voices when I was asleep last night, and what i can "do" to make things right (?)

Last night, I brought my ceremonial Pipe and Eagle Feathers into my bedroom. To make a long story short, it is an attunement process I am undergoing with these two sacred items.

Before going to sleep, I listened to a meditation CD (as I often do) and I intentfully invited spirits to come to me in my dreams to give me answers/guidance. After I fell asleep and was dreaming, I was awakened to the sound of voices in my room. (I sleep alone upstairs). I awoke so frightened to hear these voices. There was a man's and a woman's voice, and possibly more. They sounded like they were having a conversation. It was calm and steady. It was not in English but an Indigenous language (unfortunately, I am not fluent in my ancestral language).

I sat up, heart pounding and scalp tingling, and could still hear the voices. I glanced around my room. Was it my CD player, I wondered? nope, it was shut off (I had put it on sleep function to automatically shut off at the end of the CD). I laid back down and began to fall asleep again, and again I heard the voices.

Again I sat up. Was it my husband downstairs watching TV? Nope. Was it the loud neighbours (I live on a small acreage but the neighbours can get pretty loud. It is winter and cold out and I doubt now they were outside, whooping it up.) Nope.

Again I laid down. I could hear the voices again, faintly now. I was feeling scared! They eventually faded away.

Now I am very disappointed in myself. Isn't this what I asked for? I think I am open to spiritual visitations. I've been working at spiritual progression and development for years now. I'm a believer. So why was I so darned scared? (Maybe startled? But still!)

Does anyone have any insightful guidance they would like to share with me, please, regarding:
1) Why was I so scared, given that this is what I have been asking and opening up/working for?
2) What can I do to make amends? I have this feeling that I was disrespectful with my fear reaction. I have been apologizing to the spirits all day today.
3) What can I do to help myself feel more at ease and calm if it (hopefully) happens again?

thank you!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 PM
oliviasang

Hi

Well the first thing you can do is forgive yourself. While you may have been asking for guidance conversating voices in an empty room is bound to freak anyone out. The Paranormal gives everyone a fright, because it’s not the norm. No matter how we prepare ourselves we are disturbed by things outside our normal perception. Think of it as a mental safety measure.

You have to give yourself permission to get frightened. They know we have to work through the mundane first, ‘is there someone in my room’, ‘is there a break-in’, ‘is it the TV, radio, neighbors’, before we can a tune to them. It’s a process and in all likely hood they will return and this time you’ll be able to move past the fright and the mundane faster and then listen to them. So there really isn’t anything to make ‘right’.

It’s a shame they were speaking an Indigenous language; however, maybe they weren’t there so much to commune with you but about you, in which case it doesn’t matter whether you understood or not. Perhaps it was a blessing, in which case lucky you.

I hope you remember the dream you had.

In any case, while not as pleasant, I’ve seen spirits and ghosts since I was born and they still manage to scare the **** out of me.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Raven Poet

Hi, oliviasang. Thank you sooo much for your words of comfort and compassion. It's such a relief to be supported in having human (and at times limiting) responses to spiritual contact.

Funny, you got it so right! It did feel like they were talking about me, not to me. As a kid, whenever i went camping with my parents, I'd be drifting off to sleep, comforted by the sounds of their voices chatting to each other. Last night's experience had an element of this comforting sense of being around others who were talking around me but not with me. Cool! I did not recall that sensation (I did have this sensation as well as the fear) until you mentioned it in your response.

Again, thank you. I see this as a definite work in progress, and I am looking forward to hearing these visitors again! Have a wonderful day, olivia!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Hi, oliviasang. Thank you sooo much for your words of comfort and compassion. It's such a relief to be supported in having human (and at times limiting) responses to spiritual contact.

Funny, you got it so right! It did feel like they were talking about me, not to me. As a kid, whenever i went camping with my parents, I'd be drifting off to sleep, comforted by the sounds of their voices chatting to each other. Last night's experience had an element of this comforting sense of being around others who were talking around me but not with me. Cool! I did not recall that sensation (I did have this sensation as well as the fear) until you mentioned it in your response.

Again, thank you. I see this as a definite work in progress, and I am looking forward to hearing these visitors again! Have a wonderful day, olivia!

Are your parents in spirit??? Spirit understands that you freaked out....it happens....they "will" try again.... absolutely nothing to fear...it was just unexpected and startled you.....the next time, you will be more prepared....just "feel" the love that they bring with them and it will calm you......
Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Guide

One thing I have learned is that if you invite spirits over, don't invite ANY old spirits over. I've learned to only ask for those with my highest good in mind, or rather, I have learned to keep out anything that would purposely harm me.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 PM
oliviasang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet

I'm really glad I could help. It sounds like a positive experience and I hope when they're done taking to each other someone will fill you in, lol.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Are your parents in spirit??? Spirit understands that you freaked out....it happens....they "will" try again.... absolutely nothing to fear...it was just unexpected and startled you.....the next time, you will be more prepared....just "feel" the love that they bring with them and it will calm you......
Hi, Juanita. My Dad just transitioned over on October 31. In fact, at the end of this experience I called to him, to come sit with me like I was a little kid so I wouldn't feel so scared, having my big strong Dad sitting up with me.

I'm so glad you shared that Spirit understands how us humans can get freaked out, and I hope very much they will come back. on another post, another SF member suggested asking them to come to me when I'm more awake, so I'm not as freaked out coming up from a sleep to hear chatting voices.

Thanks for the support and guidance. I'm so grateful for folks like you in my circle!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll
One thing I have learned is that if you invite spirits over, don't invite ANY old spirits over. I've learned to only ask for those with my highest good in mind, or rather, I have learned to keep out anything that would purposely harm me.
Hi, ragdoll. Very good suggestion! I think I overlooked that key piece when I sent out the invitation last night. I do not understand how anything "evil" could come from the Spirit world, as the way I understand it, "evil" takes place in THIS world (not that I think you inferred that either). But I do understand, so far at least, that some spirits are less evolved and maybe do not come with as much unconditional love and warmth as more evolved "masters" or higher realm spirits, so yes - I must remember to specify who or what I am welcoming into my bedroom at night!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Henri77

It's very likely they were family ancestors I'd say, who didn't know english.
What could be more likely?
Many say our heart understands the meaning even if we don't know a language.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Hey Raven Poet.

When you ask spirit to come and speak with you. you never know how its going to come to you.a lot of people hear spirit in their sleep through dreams, some dont hear anything but see things instead,everybody is different,when you do your meditation ask your guide to come close to you .get to know his vibration ask questions etc.once you have done that you can ask for spirit to speak to you again,if you dont understand the language ask them to speak in a language you do understand,they will do this, remember when you invite spirit to speak with you . you need to close down aftar.

Namaste