Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-08-2024, 09:18 AM
Master
Do you see yourself as I AM or is it bigger than you?

The crux of reality hangs on the difference between seeing yourself as I AM or seeing I AM as much bigger than you. It gets confusing because I AM can imply that I AM (that) I AM. So does that mean that God is I AM or that little ol' me is I AM.

I prefer to see that God is the big I AM and I AM a part of that. How do you see it?

Jesus often emphasised that God is the real I AM and that He (Jesus) is His messenger or Son. Sai Baba on the other hand said that he is I AM himself. I prefer Jesus' approach.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-08-2024, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

I prefer to see that God is the big I AM and I AM a part of that. How do you see it?

What 'part' of it are you ?
Old 14-08-2024, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
What 'part' of it are you ?

This part. Does the whole not have any parts? IMO you need to get out of the habit of answering a question with a question and just answer the original question. How do YOU see it?

Old 14-08-2024, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
This part. Does the whole not have any parts? IMO you need to get out of the habit of answering a question with a question and just answer the original question. How do YOU see it?

It's the way I think rather than a habit,
Yes a whole does have parts but they depend on each other to exist imo....
I am=I exist....
Old 14-08-2024, 11:18 PM
I suppose when i can create Galaxies and sustain them and all the billions of planets and
stars within them...I will think of myself as I Am or God.
At the moment this Creator Spirit is in me...and He makes me warm and fuzzy inside ...at peace.
Do I want to realize I am 'Him', The All That Is ?
Naw.
When I can make my heart pure enough for Him to make a home in me all the time...I will be extra happy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-08-2024, 03:15 AM
Master
Well put Miss H. The truth is that I feel great pressure upon me to call myself God. I'm not sure where the pressure comes from. I suspect it has some sort of psychological source, like a suppressed ego or something. The Western psychologists did have some insight into the human condition with their ID, EGO and SUPEREGO theory. I am pretty sure that my psyche is caught up in all that. My dreams would certainly indicate it.

Old 16-08-2024, 03:31 AM
Master
Another thing that concerns me is that God's like Krishna or Sai Baba do consider themselves to be ALL that is. Not even Christ said something like that. In fact Christ mentioned that others would come after Him, but in their OWN name.

Old 20-08-2024, 01:52 AM
keiw1

[quote=Honza]Well put Miss H. The truth is that I feel great pressure upon me to call myself God.

Gods written word= Isaiah 44:6= This is what YHWH(Jehovah) has said, The King of Israel and the repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies( hosts) I( not we) am the first and the last and besides me( not we) there is no other God.
Old 20-08-2024, 11:16 PM
Guide

Quote:

Occasionally I feel that there is no God and that therefore I am not God at all.

More often I feel that there is a god and that god is the big I AM and that I am this I AM. I am not attached to the word God. You can call it by many names. Source, Reality, Truth, Consciousness, Great Spirit, Awareness etc etc. There are millions of names that could be used. But ultimately there is no name that expresses this reality.

I feel that ultimately I am this reality and that not nothing exists except this reality. I look towards my experience and in my experience nothing exists for me except for this reality that I am.

If this is the case then I must be the creator of this reality. But I do not feel that i am responsible for all the bad things. There is something not right here. It seems that there is something within me that creates realities that I do not wish to experience. That I have created something within me that wants to take my power away from me.

This being that wants to steal my power, this demiurge, hides as the fundamentalist god as well as within the materialistic, atheist philosophy.

What matters is not whether or not I am god. It depends what you mean my God. What does matter is the extent to which I liberate my power as a creative source of consciousness and awareness.