Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-11-2020, 11:16 PM
Experiencer
What's the most important daily spiritual practice?

I've been thinking about what's the main habit I can develop to help me expand my consciousness. I find keeping things simple is the most effective path for me.

I've come up with the answer of practicing presence and mindfulness. Obviously this is something I can do in meditation but also throughout daily activities.

Is mindfulness/being present the most important daily spiritual practice? If it isn't, then what is?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2020, 11:34 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Meditation is a great practice even if only for secular benefits.

In a spiritual context I think more is needed if one desires to make it to the top of the mountain, so to speak, and the "more" is dependent on the spiritual tradition one follows.

In any case one can't go wrong with a regular meditation practice.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:27 AM
Master

Recording my dreams, then interpreting them assisted by my inner guidance.

No meditation.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:35 AM
Master
Being aware of my thoughts
Being aware that I am aware.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:48 AM
Molearner

Saying a prayer of thanksgiving....
Old 10-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
I've been thinking about what's the main habit I can develop to help me expand my consciousness. I find keeping things simple is the most effective path for me.

I've come up with the answer of practicing presence and mindfulness. Obviously this is something I can do in meditation but also throughout daily activities.

Is mindfulness/being present the most important daily spiritual practice? If it isn't, then what is?

Thanks
Questioning yourself, just like Buddha said. What is the reason you want to expand your consciousness? Are you not happy with what is and you want something else? What is your definition of 'Spiritual' and, if you call yourself a Spiritual person, what are you saying to yourself? What does any of that say about you?

I don't want the answers but you get the idea, wanting to develop has reasons behind it and when you look for those reasons - or the reasons you do anything - then you begin to know yourself better. When you understand yourself you understand your Spirituality.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:15 AM
Master
You know, I don't think there really is, objectively (!), and I'm saying that having done years of ''spiritual practice'', and long periods of doing it daily ((2 hours a day)).

Before I did any of that, I had ''spiritual experiences'' when I was simply laying down in rest and feeling at peace. I knew nothing about any ''practice''. An experience beyond body and mind can happen. OTOH, years of doing a ''practice'' isn't necessarily going to give you any experience or makes you better as a person.

There's a lot to say for randomness, though that may be a bit frightening to the human mind that seeks structure.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything... but I believe it can be futile to make elaborate structures for yourself.
What is ''the most importance practice?'' ~ Depends on you, and also whether you even have to do a deliberate practice. What is one's purpose?
Old 10-11-2020, 11:14 AM
Guide
Lightbulb

Whilst meditation is obviously a good daily base for spiritual practice, I would also observe areas that might need more attention so this is a personal matter that others can't really accurately help you with.

For instance, there may be emotional triggers that need looking at/exploring, being mindful of - anything that upsets our equilibrium.

A beneficial daily spiritual practise would be practising more compassion, less judgement i.e. developing the heart and minimising the ego.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:36 PM
I like this topic, Tony Nice answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
I've been thinking about what's the main habit I can develop to help me expand my consciousness.
I find keeping things simple is the most effective path for me.

Thanks
To me, Yes.

Just to say my 2 cents ---mindfulness is not really in any of my vocab -(why would I want to be aware of my mind
or myself even?)??
That's what my thought is.
That's the thing that makes me nutty and attaches to ego and that Pandora's Box!...ick)
My input may have just turned into 1 cent for many here.

For me, my most imp daily practice is 2 fold said in different ways..
1. Most imp Practicing the Presence, The Divine presence
of the One Spirit, Being, Consciousness, Heart that resides everywhere ---even in the dust particle in a sunbeam,
on the surfaces my fingertips touch, in the air that goes in me.

2. Acknowledging or recognizing God, this Amazing Unmagineable Soul, Spirit, Father Creator.
(And He will make straight your path....and does He ever!)

See, they are kind of the same.
This brings humility, awe, happiness, tears, purpose, connection to my Source into my life or day.
(Such an impersonal word (source) for my Provider, Protector, adoring Best Friend, Lord.
Creator of the 200 billion suns in our teeny galaxy....and in billions of galaxies each with billions of suns most 50xs larger than ours.
(Thank you, Dr. Hubble.)

I could go on, but they all revolve around this ---being aware and smiling to my God's Presence in the air -
under my skull between my ears...behind my eyes...thus, relying on 'Him'
completely.

*And all of the above is as simple as when your mind and heart thinks of your
newborn baby waiting for you at home.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Ascender
daily schedule