Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-01-2014, 11:39 AM
praveenkumar

Unable to forget concentration on breath

I am doing meditation since one month.
I am meditating 2 or 3 hrs everyday but i am unable to forget concentration on breath.
And i am unable to go to Alpha state(Zero state) called place of no thoughts.
What else i can do
Old 27-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Master
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean - are you saying you can't take your focus off your breathing? Or do you mean you're trying to concentrate on your breathing but you lose concentration?
Old 27-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Experiencer
I think I know what you're saying, you want to take your focus away from your breathing and have absolutely no thoughts. Isn't reaching the point where you have absolutely nothing on your mind achieved with many months of practice? Focusing only on your breath or sounds is already a really good stage of meditation for someone who's been practicing for a month. I hope someone here has tips on how to reach the Alpha state.

Cheers!
Old 28-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Master

You can listen to a relaxing CD. That will help you get into the alpha state.
Old 29-01-2014, 06:37 AM
praveenkumar

THanks for the replies..
I was following the same as you said is Observation and the music but still finding the way to get Alpha state.

Do i need to take or to learn any techniques to achieve it.
Cause i am eagerly waiting to get it.Ofcourse it will take some time (may be months) but still need to know the ways to get soon..

Recently i was browsing for the same and got the info that cleansing of legs in salt water gives good result..Is it Right? (spiritualresearchfoundation)
Old 29-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Master

It comes down to practice. I listen to the sounds of rain. It is very relaxing. I find your mind has to be relaxed as well. If you are thinking of lots of things your mind will not relax so it is less likely to get into the alpha state. Just keep practicing and if you persevere with it, eventually it will work but it will take time. What helps me to get relaxed is to breathe slowly and hold for five seconds for about five times or until you need to, then breathe normally.
Old 29-01-2014, 09:11 AM
praveenkumar

HI astralsuzy..
Sure i will practice for more time and is it required any chant or Anapanasati is good enough?
Old 29-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Kpastelle

If I can give some advice it is this

When you meditate, after you have relaxed your body with your breathing (I strech as well) what you need to do is listen to yourself think. You need to separate your consciousness from your thoughts ans see (listen) to your thoughts...don't provoke them in any way, just watch them and let them (your thougts) go with the flow....after a while you will find that your thoughts are getting farther and farther away, it will be like they are coming out of a tunnel. Then yuo will reach that state of Zero thoughts. At this point anything can happen :)
Old 30-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Master
Thinking and the reliance it shares with having an identity has been with us a very long time so it stands to reason having both disappear cannot happen overnight... but it does happen eventually.

The watching, as suggested above, is integral to getting there as is patience in allowing the watching a foothold... which is all it needs.

So give yourself a break and allow the transition to one that eventuates as you become comfortable with the new sensations as they arise. Time is a great healer.
Old 31-01-2014, 02:57 AM
When you love something, there is no trouble with anything.
Meditating is as hard as holding your baby and looking into it's eyes.
Are you thinking or wishing you could get to alpha or a place of no thought, etc?
No.
Love God. Love who you are... pure and simple spirit, consciousness, still and pure.

Anyway, that works for me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru