Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Deactivated Account
How can be at peace with myself?

Or I.E find wholeness within me? I personally have a hard time being with myself as I'm constantly bombarded my uneasy and turbulent emotions. Which is odd because I'm mainly with myself all time. Lately I've been trying to hold and actually work on reaching any point of success on my spiritual path. I haven't and I feel if I don't soon, it'll be all for nothing. I hope this makes sense.
Old 21-10-2014, 04:28 AM
silent whisper

Emotions are signals to open your awareness even when alone with self. How do you deal when they arise? What is your normal reaction to them?
Old 21-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm frustrated with them. They always surface up right when I want to do things I enjoy or think I'd enjoy. I just want to suppress them and feel at peace with what is occurring and not get stuck up feeling anxious or having shaming feelings.
Old 21-10-2014, 05:49 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
I'm frustrated with them. They always surface up right when I want to do things I enjoy or think I'd enjoy. I just want to suppress them and feel at peace with what is occurring and not get stuck up feeling anxious or having shaming feelings.

So you feel they come up at inappropriate times?

Are you aware that peace is often beneath them so finding ways to deal with them before they come up in places you would rather not face them, does help as I have found.

Sometimes the place your enjoying, will trigger them in that space of joy to show you what your holding in one with that enjoyment. Finding support to help yourself let go of them, lets you enjoy experiences more fully.
Old 21-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Master
How things are for you at present points to what you are seeking . So perhaps take heart that how you are feeling gives way to what you aspire . From that perspective you could say that's kinda cool how that works, the self being a particular way points to something other than what one is feeling .

I think many would agree that there is something inherent within self that would rather be at peace and be of love / joy .

It never seems to be the other way around does it where self wants to be in trauma and miserable with it .

So there is guidance within yourself almost like a ship at sea steering you away from the rocks but depending how rough the sea is depends on how easy it is to navigate .

Most have had sailed the high seas at sometime in their lives and perhaps wonder how they ever got through it but something always gives in the end and change happens, the sea's calm and the sun comes out .

If something is still aloof when the sun's shinning then one can look deeper ..

Nothing is for nothing, so even when one feels as if they are not getting anywhere, where they are getting is nowhere fast :) and that is getting somewhere lols .

One eventually see's what is in a sense working for you and what is not .. in a funny old way everything is working for you as what is happening is bringing you to a particular point of understanding . An understanding of self in relation to everything else .

x daz x
Old 21-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Deactivated Account
I feel little better now, i just had a uneasy doubting tension in my heart/heart chakra area and i just wanted gone. Which is why i would like to come to peace with myself and my spiritual path
Old 21-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Or I.E find wholeness within me? I personally have a hard time being with myself as I'm constantly bombarded my uneasy and turbulent emotions. Which is odd because I'm mainly with myself all time. Lately I've been trying to hold and actually work on reaching any point of success on my spiritual path. I haven't and I feel if I don't soon, it'll be all for nothing. I hope this makes sense.

There are facts to rest on; to rest your feelings on. It is called a sure foundation, and long established.

Facts...Faith...Feelings is the correct procession.

Also, you can find an establishment and an organization in which you will recieve support.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Master

Daniel Goleman's "Emotional Intelligence"
Helps to understand the emotions, why we are having them and how to release them and accept them, understand yourself better and how to be at peace.
Old 21-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
You're bombarded by turbulent emotions when you're alone, I wonder where they come from? Well yes, you would be because you're at odds with yourself and the Universe. Considering Life, the Universe, Everything IS Spiritual/of Spirit it's kind of difficult not to be on a Spiritual Path so nothing is for nothing, if it is then it's your perception. If you want success/failure then success is a strange thing as well because sometimes our greatest successes are our greatest failures and vice versa. Dealing with failure is a success on its own but then success and failure are imposters so make your choices from there. When you find the place where you're okay as you are peace will be on the same bench.

Apart from you, who is judging you? Who says you aren't already whole?
Old 21-10-2014, 10:01 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
I feel little better now, i just had a uneasy doubting tension in my heart/heart chakra area and i just wanted gone. Which is why i would like to come to peace with myself and my spiritual path

Yes as the saying goes...this too shall pass..glad you feel a little better..