Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-12-2016, 02:45 AM
Master
Opening to True Love in partnership, your experience

Hi Folks,

I'm at a pivotal point in my growth right now after realizing what I want most is my own Self. I feel I am switching into a new reality which is more aligned with my most realized truest Self. But I am feeling afraid.

How have you been in sacred partnership while keeping you relationship with your own Soul top priority? What has helped you Surrender to Love? How have you found sacred partnership to be beneficial to your own Self Love?

I'm posting this on this forum because I'd like some new fresh perspectives. Thank you for reading. ❤️
Old 11-12-2016, 03:50 AM
Deactivated Account
For me by not being afraid to be alone. And when i found that i found myself in a relationship that works without having to be anything other than myself. Not that compromising doesnt still go on. But its up front, honest, and healthy. And brings upon laughter between us. But nothing is ever perfect imo.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 11-12-2016, 03:56 AM
Master
Thanks running. I'd take real over perfect any day. :)
Old 11-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Hi Folks,

I'm at a pivotal point in my growth right now after realizing what I want most is my own Self. I feel I am switching into a new reality which is more aligned with my most realized truest Self. But I am feeling afraid.
On moving toward self at least some discomforting moments are to be expected. Everyone has a dark side but rather than pretend it isn't there it has to be faced (and dealt with if necessary). But I concluded long ago that there's little sense in trying to purge it because it is part of us individually. What's important is getting to know what you can of it and thus bring it out into the light. To reach Self you'll have to sort out what is illusory about your life; and delusion. (I know people here will rush to say "but everything is an illusion"! but hopefully you know what I mean. You'll find yourself to be different from what you've assumed so far). Being afraid is understandable. There is never courage without fear.

Quote:
How have you been in sacred partnership while keeping you relationship with your own Soul top priority? What has helped you Surrender to Love? How have you found sacred partnership to be beneficial to your own Self Love?
By not succumbing to glittery things. You get a sense of someone being on the same basic wavelength while still holding their Self intact. Again, in moving toward self you value individuality and do as little as possible to disturb it. You can see what makes others tick more easily. People here use the word "resonate" and there seems some truth in that. So one moves forward with little or no expectations except honesty and reliability. I'm fairly confident in (what I know of) my Selfhood.

It's been an issue to me to sort out the difference between romance, sex and love (as in complete adoration and appreciation - something I really feel only for my parents). I doubt I could surrender to mundane love without recognition of bodily temples but I'd have to be very good friends with the person. If I found I couldn't confide in someone or they were deceitful, or tried on mind-games it wouldn't work. I'd sooner be alone than with someone I suspected of fakery. I have yet to find such a person. I am great friends with a male and he passes muster in most ways but we can afford a deep friendship because he's married and I have no intention interfering with that. Nor has he.

In all of this I am as true to my soul as I can be. I will not subvert my highest principles for something that doesn't accord with them.

Love is one of these words I have trouble with. It means something different to everyone.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Master
Thank you Lorelyen for your thoughtful response. I've been deep in conscious shadow work for about a year now (reclaiming the parts of us we deem ugly and unloveable or in need of altering), making the unconscious conscious, for a year now and it's amazing how much more whole and myself I feel... I'd much rather be whole and myself then fit some perceived societal view of "good" that I tried to.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Master
To clarify - I am talking about opening up to the Universal Force of Unconditional Love. On my awakening journey another person is intimately connected to this process I am going through... I'm going through another awakening right now and am finding my heart chakra opening to be very challenging and actually painful... I'm crying a lot and also feel like I'm constantly on the verge on a panic attack recently as well as feeling angry. In addition to other usual awakening symptoms. I would like to know what has helped any of you surrender to Unconditional Love?
Old 13-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Deactivated Account

Respecting individuality and independence is very important in a partnership. Our partners are not there to complete or make us whole, this is an impossible task for any human being to do, not to mention it may also encourage co dependencies. I recognize all our goals are different. For me, it's not about getting to 'Unconditional love', as an active parent, I practice this by default. For me, it's really about being at a state of peace with your individual self. By loving, valuing and nurturing your individual self, you will be able to give to others.

Also, I find the more you try to control life, others, a situation the more out of control you will become. If you can, release the need to control an outcome, including the urge to 'need to know'.Whatever is suffocating you, release it..

Take care of Bluebird, first.

All is going to be well
Old 13-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Ascender

I've been married to a beautiful woman for 16 years and yes I do believe that being in a relationship helps my spirituality. To find yourself you must forget yourself and to make a relationship work there is an awful lot of that needed. In a relationship the 2 people are as one, they're not thinking will this be good for me or will this be good for them, they're thinking will this be good for us. I've never been on my own for any length of time. Even 21 years ago when my first partner left I still had the 2 oldest boys to take care of and for that I am grateful.
Old 13-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Respecting individuality and independence is very important in a partnership. Our partners are not there to complete or make us whole, this is an impossible task for any human being to do, not to mention it may also encourage co dependencies. I recognize all our goals are different. For me, it's not about getting to 'Unconditional love', as an active parent, I practice this by default. For me, it's really about being at a state of peace with your individual self. By loving, valuing and nurturing your individual self, you will be able to give to others.

Also, I find the more you try to control life, others, a situation the more out of control you will become. If you can, release the need to control an outcome, including the urge to 'need to know'.Whatever is suffocating you, release it..

All is going to be well
Awesome advice Clover.
Old 13-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

All is going to be well

Releasing the need to control is best summed up for me like this.