Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM
StaroftheSea

Fish Marriage and keeping families together through God

A thread for people who are Married and starting off or half way through who have not reached the point of opening up their hearts to God nor receiving God more fully!

The old adage 'A family who prays together, stays together' is from my experience 'true/factual'.

One can go further and say 'a Family who prays together, attends Church together (one of God's Universal Christian Churches regardless of denomination) will stand a great chance, through God, of staying together, if one or both Parents cracks open their Heart(s) to Jesus/God, believes in Him, trusts in Him, through at least twice daily prayer, setting as much time as possible aside for Him to 'receive' Him in their Lives, to receive His Blessings and Gifts.

'Ask and ye shall receive'.

One need only trust in Him while praying to 'receive' Jesus/God.

The ways in which Our Lady Mary through Jesus says to do this are;

1. Setting aside a quiet time for a few hours to meditate on Jesus' Stations of His Holy Cross, His Agonies, His Passion, when giving up His Life for God and mankind while praying if at all possible the Holy Rosary and other prayers He has left us in His New Testament and Old Testament.
2. Fasting a few times per week as a sacrifice to Jesus/God
3. Reading Jesus' Holy Scriptures regularly and daily a passage if possible
4. Attending Church to receive His Eucharist as Jesus received God's Holy Eucharist
5. Attending Confession and Reconciliation doing penance for our sins at least once a month.

Getting to the point (through sacrificing our time here on Earth) to pray and focus on Jesus' Crucifixion opens up one's Heart in order to receive Him more fully and directly and communicate with Him.

I do this through Our Heavenly Mother Mary,

Love and kindest wishes to all Families and may God flow His Loving Wisdom and Guidance through all Families in the future and open up Hearts to Him.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Administrator
You can prayer to any god anywhere.you dont need to go to church chapel,or where ever they are.

Namaste
Old 08-12-2013, 01:55 PM
StaroftheSea

Fish

True and I agree Namaste,

This is to 'receive' Jesus' Body, in which Jesus through His Disciples, has left for us to do, through one of His Holy Appointed ie His Blessed Sacraments.

The reason for the suggestion of attendance at one of His Universal Churches,

Love and kindest wishes
Old 19-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Angel quartz

It is certainly true that you don't need to go to church to pray to god, for me it is a case of going to a place I fell happy, content, safe and able to pray fully without distraction. For me going to church is like going home. A pagan friend of mine once compared my going to church to her going to her favourite area of woodland where she felt closer to the goddess, I think that's a nice way to view it.

As for the family that prays together stays together in my experience it is also truthful. My husband and I so desperately wanted a child, we both prayed even though he is not any faith at all. We have our child and relationship-wise are in the best shape we can be. We owe a lot to our prayers being answered x