Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-08-2020, 07:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Color Heredity of spiritual powers

Hello community,

I found it interesting how believe are clashing in this regard and wanted to ask your opinion(s) on that matter.
Please remember to be polite to each other and to accept other people's opinion even if you would like to discuss them.

So, I was always one to believe that every human has spiritual "powers", such as being able to converse with spirits, divination, channelling etc.
I considered it to be like playing the piano. Some are naturally good at it, others need a whole lot of practice.

I have friends though who say that a large part of such "abilities" are inherited and say that it clearly shows in my family that it is handed down in the female line and such.

I would like to hear your experiences and opinion on that nature vs. nurture problem

Not really regarding my person, though, that was only an example.

Best wishes,

OwlYou
Old 24-08-2020, 08:36 AM
Master

I embrace that everyone has unique spiritual abilities, or spiritual powers. We are born with them and sometimes they need to be developed and at other times, in some people, they are already in full bloom.

Nature unaided will fail, so nurturance is needed regardless. A person with fully developed spiritual powers can subdue those powers by living a lifestyle which hinders them.

Spiritual abilities change the very cells in our physical body, brain, etc., so that our physical body can handle those more refined energies. So if we are drunk on alcohol, or doing something else that might impair us, our cells will be effected by that, and our abilities will be impaired as well.

But just doing quiet meditation over a period of months or years can enhance a persons’ abilities. The consciousness of and entity may be born highly developed or underdeveloped, and heredity does have something to do with that.

Although I have met people with mental health disorders who had great spiritual insights, or people who were born with damaged physical body’s that had spiritual powers. If you believe in reincarnation that may give one answer.

A person may have done a lot of spiritual work on themselves in a past life and then born in this life with great spiritual powers, while another person in this life may still be doing the work required. Spiritual powers are innate, they are natural to our deeper being, or soul.

Spiritual abilities, or powers, are but a by product of spiritual development. It is as scenery along the way on the journey. If a person becomes attached to spiritual powers it could hold them back from further spiritual progress. In my opinion.
Old 24-08-2020, 08:47 AM
Master
Funny you ask. My girlie told me a few days ago she'd seen her manager's aura and when she tried to see it around her hand she suddenly saw a huge swirl of bluish-purple (3rd eye) and sepia colour from the corner of her eye that filled the living room.

It runs in the family on my dad's side. My mother has healing hands, but never developed the skill. But as a kid I sure as heck knew!
I've been gifted from childhood, so I guess from birth until I closed it around age 7.
My kids both have certain skills, varying from seeing entities when younger, auras, hearing entities etc. They closed it off when younger which was good since we were living in a house with entities. But now both are rediscovering & developing it at their pace.
They 'got it' from me and their father who also had skills, as did his father.

So I certainly see it running in my family :)
Old 27-08-2020, 12:08 PM
Master

I do think spiritual talents show up more often in some families. But I also think some families are better at acceptance and openness than others. While some families have a record of stamping out 'non-profitable' interests and send their children to factories and work in shops to earn money, rather than give them room to absorb and express. Or worse, send them to the priests to be indoctrinated and 'cleansed' of thoughts that are outside the official box. In those families, no one will even speak of spiritual things. That's humanity, I'm afraid.
Old 27-08-2020, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlYou
Hello community,

I found it interesting how believe are clashing in this regard and wanted to ask your opinion(s) on that matter.
Please remember to be polite to each other and to accept other people's opinion even if you would like to discuss them.

So, I was always one to believe that every human has spiritual "powers", such as being able to converse with spirits, divination, channelling etc.
I considered it to be like playing the piano. Some are naturally good at it, others need a whole lot of practice.

I have friends though who say that a large part of such "abilities" are inherited and say that it clearly shows in my family that it is handed down in the female line and such.

I would like to hear your experiences and opinion on that nature vs. nurture problem

Best wishes,

OwlYou
I believe they could be. But some surpress there abilities due to reglious beliefs or even fear of them or choose to keep them private from the world.
Old 27-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I do think spiritual talents show up more often in some families. But I also think some families are better at acceptance and openness than others. While some families have a record of stamping out 'non-profitable' interests and send their children to factories and work in shops to earn money, rather than give them room to absorb and express. Or worse, send them to the priests to be indoctrinated and 'cleansed' of thoughts that are outside the official box. In those families, no one will even speak of spiritual things. That's humanity, I'm afraid.
my immediate family are the kind of people who NEVER speak of anything spiritual. Unless it has to do with the Christian religion And that's rare. The strange thing is there's some qualitys in both my parents that come out. My Mom buried in religion extremely deep. I always thought that she did that to cover what she has. Probably out of fear/a phobia if you will call it. But she still needs to feel spiritual so she does it that way. As my dad got older he's gotten relaxed about it.
Old 27-08-2020, 01:17 PM
Ha, pick a card from a deck of cards and my mom and I could tell ya what it was, exactly.
She said it was the 'Scot' in her...huh? Scottish can make you that way?
Funny.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hello community,

Best wishes,

OwlYou

It's often said that all of us have latent spiritual attributes but, of course, anyone can claim that - there is no proof or even strong evidence. Perhaps it's those who have just such attributes who detect unrecognised sensitivity in others? But do you think that means it's present in everyone?

Those individuals blessed - or cursed as some find it - with psychic/spiritual awareness may have family members who also have or had it. But other sensitives are the only ones in their family. There is no single rule or pattern.

I wonder if it is important?
Old 27-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Sylvia Browne's mom was not psychic - but her grandmom was way psychic.
All I really know about it...skipped a generation.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Master

qualities in inheritence

Quote:
Hello community,

Best wishes,

OwlYou

As the baby is the result of spirit (male sperms ) and matter( female eggs ), the spiritual qualities of father (like intelligence ,bravery , folly , benevolence, miserliness , alertness , memory , equanimity etc) are inherited in the baby and material qualities like looks , skin , heir , health etc are inherited from mother .

Genetics experts claim some qualities/ defects of grand parents are visible in grand children and not in the first generation .

Heredity is just one variable in overall makeup of the person . Other variables being bringing up/rearing , friend circle , education ,orientation,past life experiences .