Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 02-09-2013, 05:45 PM
LadyTerra

The Autumnal Equinox...

How do you celebrate?

Peace and Love on your path to sharing...

Blessed be...
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Master

I celebrate the Autumn Equinox by doing a ritual that helps me to be in perfect balance - as day and night are in perfect balance at this time and try to incorporate the idea of rest after labour, the harvest is well underway. The earth in the Northern Hemisphere is preparing for repose as we say: 'Farewell, O Sun, ever-returning Light"

Jenny Crow
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm going to be doing "something" special this one...I don't know why...
Maybe bec I'm doing great and feel connected to my Source.

Maybe just meditate to take advantage of the energy...I can sit for many hours
meditating. 3 hrs yesterday.
I say this to inspire.
;)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Master
Festival at our 5000 year-old henge [There will be photos ]

MABON

Mabon is the Autumn Equinox and the second harvest. It falls on September 21. Day and night are equal length, and this is time to look foreward to the coming dark of the year. The cycle of growth grows near its end and this is a time to give thanks to the sun, the God, for his light and warmth, and celebrate the aging Goddess as she passes from Mother to Crone. The Goddess steps aside and the God steps foreward and brings darkness. Also at this time, the God prepares for his death and re-birth.

Decorations- wines, pinecones, acorns, corn, apples, gourds, horns of plenty, and ivy vines
Foods- pomegranetes, potatoes, carrots, breads, nuts, apples, onions, garlic
Herbs- myrrh, marigold, passion flower, rose, sage, thistle
Colors- orange, brown, gold, red, maroon
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I celebrate the Autumn Equinox by doing a ritual that helps me to be in perfect balance - as day and night are in perfect balance at this time and try to incorporate the idea of rest after labour, the harvest is well underway. The earth in the Northern Hemisphere is preparing for repose as we say: 'Farewell, O Sun, ever-returning Light"

Jenny Crow

I love this Jenny--what a wonderful time to focus on drawing more balance into one's life!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm going to be doing "something" special this one...I don't know why...
Maybe bec I'm doing great and feel connected to my Source.

Maybe just meditate to take advantage of the energy...I can sit for many hours
meditating. 3 hrs yesterday.
I say this to inspire.
;)

You have inspired me--Miss H--I shall have to go outside after work (today) and spend some time meditating and reconnecting.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Festival at our 5000 year-old henge [There will be photos ]

MABON

Mabon is the Autumn Equinox and the second harvest. It falls on September 21. Day and night are equal length, and this is time to look foreward to the coming dark of the year. The cycle of growth grows near its end and this is a time to give thanks to the sun, the God, for his light and warmth, and celebrate the aging Goddess as she passes from Mother to Crone. The Goddess steps aside and the God steps foreward and brings darkness. Also at this time, the God prepares for his death and re-birth.

Decorations- wines, pinecones, acorns, corn, apples, gourds, horns of plenty, and ivy vines
Foods- pomegranetes, potatoes, carrots, breads, nuts, apples, onions, garlic
Herbs- myrrh, marigold, passion flower, rose, sage, thistle
Colors- orange, brown, gold, red, maroon

Greetings Norseman:

Please for give the delayed response--our internet is very spotty out here and it pooped out on me this morning.

I am so looking forward to those pics!!!

Your celebration sounds magnificent--it must be wonderful to be able to invite the whole community to an open Circle!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Master

Happy Mabon, everybody
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
LadyTerra

Happy Mabon!!!

We put up the rest of our Fall decorations--beginning with decorating the Circle (Indian Corn, Baby Gourds, Corn Husk Bows--and so on) adorn our Ritual of Thanksgiving for the Second Harvest of Fruits, Nuts, and Vines.

We give thanks (especially) for what we are reaping from the seeds that were sown at the Vernal Equinox (Ostara--for me) and have been striving to nurture during the last two Seasons of the Wheel.

We breakfast with hearty Barley, Beef, and Veggie Soup and enjoy homemade Whole Wheat Corn Bread. Whole Wheat Raisin-Nut Muffins--sweetened with Honey and Dark Beer (and Blueberry Wine) help to round out the Celebration.

But (before we dig-in) it is time to farewell the Summer and welcome the Autumn with a Candle Ritual of Elemental Fire. We thank Him for His warmth and energy--then ask for His blessings of protection throughout the months of cold--which lie ahead.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Master

Sounds nice, LadyTerra, and definitelytasty!