Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Ryan H

New to energy work, been sick for a while, wondering if family's energy effects mine

Hello I'm new here.
I've been sick for a couple years with a lot of congestion and doctors haven't been able to help me, so I started doing qigong, yoga, and EFT about 2.5 months ago. I'm not sure I've noticed any healing yet, but I'm being patient, and I can definitely feel my energy physically, especially after doing qigong.
I live with my whole family of 6, and I'm the only one who's spiritual and the rest of my family is somewhat negative, I guess about as negative as most regular people. I'm wondering if their energy can effect mine.
I've read about energy vampires and I don't any of them are one, but can their sick or negative energy effect me by living in the same house?
Old 31-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Master
Absolutely. Other people throw their energy around all the time without any regard for who might get slimed. It might be useful to look into some energy shielding or other protective techniques to keep them from rubbing off on you.
Old 31-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Estrella505

Definitely, I used to live with my grandmother. She is like a negative radio tower when she is angry. The air was always buzzing, like radio static. It was 24/7 I couldn't escape it. It was driving me nuts.

In fact the first thing I noticed when I moved to the new apartment was that the air wasn't buzzing, it was wonderful!

So yes that is a real possibility. I find a mirror like shield works best for me. It can also detract attention from you at opportune times Just be carefuly it can make you semi- invisible.

And I can relate. I am the only one who is sensative in my family like that. I can't even bring it up with them snapping at me.
Old 31-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Sangress

Quote:
but can their sick or negative energy effect me by living in the same house?

A complete strangers energy can alter or affect your own by just being in close proximity to your aura.

So, yes, of course long standing contact with another person can affect your energy in a noticable, long term way.

Whether this affect is negative or positive is up to how you react.

If you do not want their energy to affect you so much (if you do feel they are affecting you,) try gaining some natural energetic "thick skin" and make a light energetic shield to keep the affect of their negativity at arms length.

Also, if it is their behaviour that you think is affecting you, then it might be productive keep in mind that if you are able to anaylze it and maybe think of the reasons behind the way they act, that you may be able to help them feel and be more positive people.

In turn, this would allow you to feel better because they are feeling better.
Old 31-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Ryan H

Thanks a lot for the replies :)
First, to clarify, I'm not usually around my family, I'm usually alone in my room. I don't spend much time interacting with them but some of them are rude and inconsiderate and do get on my nerves a bit. I'm mostly worried about the sick or negative energy that might be circulating around the house. Not that they are highly negative people, but compared to someone like me who's loving, positive and optimistic, is working toward having a healthy energy system and does energy work, and is spiritual, most people including my family are full of negativity / fear-based emotions, in my opinion and from what I've read. I've heard before that you can visualize a bubble of energy around you if you want to keep people's energy out, and I've started doing that recently while doing meditation and energy work, but what about otherwise? Are you suggesting that I should do that all the time when I'm at home? Seems like that would be pretty difficult and absorb a lot of my attention. Are there other ways or do I not understand this concept or what you all mean?
"I find a mirror like shield works best for me. It can also detract attention from you at opportune times Just be carefuly it can make you semi- invisible." - I really don't understand what you mean by any of that, but again thanks for the reply :) Care to explain?
Old 31-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Sangress

I've made articles on shielding. I'll go find one for you.

Here we go. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5032
Old 31-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Ryan H

Excellent, I'll read it tomorrow.
Have a good night, and thanks a lot.
Old 31-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Ryan H

Ok I did the bubble shield. Now when I extend my arm almost fully, there is a point in space where I seem to feel something similar to cold, so could that be my bubble? It's a pretty weak sensation, and that is not at all how I normally perceive my energy, internally or externally. Externally, it feels kinda like static electricity, and a counter force when I move my hands around, stronger in certain places.
Old 31-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Sangress

That'd be your shield. Keep in mind that your energy changes (in frequency) and the shields energy may stay constant, hence the different feeling.

You'll get used to the feel of it and be able to toy around with it sooner or later.

Nice job.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan H
Thanks a lot for the replies :)
First, to clarify, I'm not usually around my family, I'm usually alone in my room. I don't spend much time interacting with them but some of them are rude and inconsiderate and do get on my nerves a bit. I'm mostly worried about the sick or negative energy that might be circulating around the house. Not that they are highly negative people, but compared to someone like me who's loving, positive and optimistic, is working toward having a healthy energy system and does energy work, and is spiritual, most people including my family are full of negativity / fear-based emotions, in my opinion and from what I've read. I've heard before that you can visualize a bubble of energy around you if you want to keep people's energy out, and I've started doing that recently while doing meditation and energy work, but what about otherwise? Are you suggesting that I should do that all the time when I'm at home? Seems like that would be pretty difficult and absorb a lot of my attention. Are there other ways or do I not understand this concept or what you all mean?
"I find a mirror like shield works best for me. It can also detract attention from you at opportune times Just be carefuly it can make you semi- invisible." - I really don't understand what you mean by any of that, but again thanks for the reply :) Care to explain?

The mirror shield relflects negativity back at other people. I suggest rather than perpetuate the cycle of negative energy you use something more passive. Imagine that your body is made of perfectly clear glass, allowing all energies (or those of your choosing) to pass through you without having an effect. Another strong image is to imagine yourself as a boulder in the middle of a raging stream. Allow the river of negativity to flow around you, leaving you untouched, perhaps even doing you the favor of keeping moss from growing on you. Also water always makes stone look beautiful.

Having a strong image that you build on during meditation gives you an instant recall during a stressful situation. Take a deep breath and recall your protection. Take a moment to imagine it working. Breath out and deal with the situation from a calm perspective. The important thing to remember is that other people can only affect you if you let them. If you let them...what, I said it was important.