Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 PM
ShamanBird

Satanism

Im not sure if any of you have read Anton LaVeys work. I havent, but i would love to get my hands on the Satanic Bible, however, im broke at the moment -.-. I'm sure I could get it online for free on a PDF file but I prefer an actual book. Back to my question/discussion, why do people automatically think of Satanists as EVIL people. Dark evil people. If anything, from what I've seen, atheists, AND Satanists are BOTH maybe one of the most open minded people on this earth. Unlike christians and catholics, and other religions, they dont hate gays. They accept them and dont say "YOUR GOING TO HELL FOR THIS!" "TURN OR BURN!". Nah. Satanists and Atheists are like "yeah, whatever makes you happy, feel free to do. you may not be helping raise the human population, but its too damn high anyways! I dont care who you love, it sont bother me" that was one statement by a Satanist I've met. But whys it seem some people here, from what i've searched into, and just people in general, fear "satanism"?! Is it fear of something happening to them? Is it lack of knowledge due to arrogance....or ignorance? Let me know what you think about Satanism and why people dont accept it as a positive belief.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Better known as Jo

I also would like a copy of it not because I'm a Satanist but because I just find it so interesting and forbidden!

What I think of Satanism is that is was used in early forms of religion as a tool to get people to do the 'right' thing. Like if you don't do this your would will be sent to eternal damnation. I'm not at all schooled on Satanism so please don't quote me on anything.

I don't know why people think of Satanists as evil. I mean, look at all of the destruction done under the rule of organized religion but since it...it being evil...has been instilled upon most of us since childhood as a a bad thing that can/will hurt us it's no wonder people fear it.

I once had a friend in high school that only wore dresses because she said if she wore pants she would go to hell. She was cool but listened to anything her mom told her as truth and to this day has a hard time making her own mind up about anything.

Interesting post and I look forward to reading other people's response.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 PM
coolchic101

I think regardless of religion or belief, that people shouldn't force their beliefs on each other. That's how it creates wars and discord. As long as people aren't breaking any laws, then it's none of my concern. My mom is very religious and she will make me feel guilty that I don't go to church. She says that I have to "pray" for my soul so I can get accepted into Heaven. I often have to avoid the religious debate anytime she starts it. I'm spiritual and I don't belong to any religion. My mom can not accept that about me.
She believes that I still need to go to church. Her church does not do anything to my spiritual growth. Her church has so many rules that you have to abide by. It is not for me.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Animus27

There's different kinds of Satanism. The Satanic Bible is LaVeyan Satanism, which is basically atheism cloaked with anti-Christian ritual and rhetoric. Few, if any Church of Satan members believe in an actual Devil. They see him as an archetype or idea of personal freedom and empowerment.

Then you have people who worship the devil and demons and believe in them literally. They're usually called Luciferians or theistic Satanists.

I personally have little interest in it. I'm not really interested in following Christianity, or a religion/philosophy founded in reaction against it. But if someone is drawn to it, more power to them, as long as they're not simply angry teenage metalheads who want to shock their parents (which is okay, but they'll likely outgrow it and never take it seriously).

I once read that many youths who are strongly interested in Satanism have a higher likelihood of becoming Evangelical Christians than their non-satan interested peers. Fun fact
Old 04-06-2012, 10:01 PM
ShamanBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
I think regardless of religion or belief, that people shouldn't force their beliefs on each other. That's how it creates wars and discord. As long as people aren't breaking any laws, then it's none of my concern. My mom is very religious and she will make me feel guilty that I don't go to church. She says that I have to "pray" for my soul so I can get accepted into Heaven. I often have to avoid the religious debate anytime she starts it. I'm spiritual and I don't belong to any religion. My mom can not accept that about me.
She believes that I still need to go to church. Her church does not do anything to my spiritual growth. Her church has so many rules that you have to abide by. It is not for me.
I agree with you. However I find religion often breaking the law atleast the "westboro baptist church"....i consider myself a Spiritualist, and as of recently, a Satanist aswell.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 PM
ShamanBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
There's different kinds of Satanism. The Satanic Bible is LaVeyan Satanism, which is basically atheism cloaked with anti-Christian ritual and rhetoric. Few, if any Church of Satan members believe in an actual Devil. They see him as an archetype or idea of personal freedom and empowerment.

Then you have people who worship the devil and demons and believe in them literally. They're usually called Luciferians or theistic Satanists.

I personally have little interest in it. I'm not really interested in following Christianity, or a religion/philosophy founded in reaction against it. But if someone is drawn to it, more power to them, as long as they're not simply angry teenage metalheads who want to shock their parents (which is okay, but they'll likely outgrow it and never take it seriously).

I once read that many youths who are strongly interested in Satanism have a higher likelihood of becoming Evangelical Christians than their non-satan interested peers. Fun fact

I agree with you on the statement of the teenage metal heads. I know way too many kids in my school that draw the pentagram, and read about voodoo curses and witches. I believe in black magick, and white magick. What these kids I know are doing is black magick, that, or just being pure STUPID and need a good sock in the head to wake up and figure out that what THEY are doing is negative and bad for them. Yes, I practice Occult/wicca things. Candle spell and crystal healing, mostly Metaphysics though. I do native american smudging of myself, my room, crystals and certain items. I tend to mix certain beliefs therefor making my own way, which i call "spiritualism". It just seems organized religion on an extreme level..is detrimental to everybody. I think we must learn to think for ourselves. Question what we read and hear. Not be paranoid, but question when told "No".
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Master

Every action is registered indelibly on the soul.
The Law of Cause and Effect cannot be cheated.
Reparation will have to be made for every sinful/evil act.
There can be no spiritual progression until the 'debt' is paid.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanBird
But whys it seem some people here, from what i've searched into, and just people in general, fear "satanism"?! Is it fear of something happening to them? Is it lack of knowledge due to arrogance....or ignorance?

I think the reason is pretty straightforward, actually. It's all about language: how people use words and the connotations words carry in various cultures. It goes without saying that the prevailing definition and mental image of "Satanist" in American culture is virtually synonymous with the epitome of evil. If you are using that word to mean something else, you have a huge number of language barriers to overcome. You have to teach someone "hey, this word can mean something else; let me explain what I mean by it." The exact same thing happens to contemporary Witches within Neopaganism. The word "witch" has strongly negative associations in American culture. It's a constant battle to inform people and maintain decent public representation. I can't even count the number of stupid comments I've seen in the media related to so-called "witchcraft." I pay less attention to the references to satanism as it's not my theological cup of tea.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:22 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27

I've always found it a bit odd that they'd adopt Satan as a symbolic figure, but then also apply certain ethics and some unrelated rules to what they were teaching..while having him as a mascot of some sort. He was described as a deceiver, a murderer, a slanderer... but then they attempt to reframe him in a way that he was never described as being. I don't understand this.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Master
Anton LaVey, to me, was nothing more than a show man and a writer. What makes his bible ...so sacred? I used to have it when I was a teen. I wasn't impressed. I was curious. I think you can get a bible at any bookstore in hte religion section, unless they no longer print it. Check out used bookstores.

I don't fear satanism. It's just a belief system, and those that dabble in it, (usually teens) tend to make it some horrific cult because they don't understand it or decide that you must kill and perform rituals. Wear dark clothing and so forth. It's crazy.

Personally for me, I have no use for any religion or cult or belief system that needs to participate in rituals of any sort. What makes them worthwhile? Your mind?

Why do you feel you have to follow any religion? Why can't you be your own man? I have met many in my years that go for satanism or proclaim to be a satanist mainly for shock value.

Be strong in yourself, you don't need to be part of a herd.