Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Thetafiend

Tried to Lucid Dream, think I AP'd...fun stuff

I just discovered Lucid dreaming and have been reading about it and trying to induce the state for a week, after a week of trying and a float in an isolation tank earlier that day I got something a little different when I went to sleep that night OBE or astral projection I would say from what I’ve read. Below is the highlight of my experience (which looking back on it seems like a kind of cliché memoire of an altered state). On the contarary though, The lead up to this highlight was very bizzare and individual and was just a constant polluted stream of images and sounds that made no sense. But not interested in that right now…

Can anyone a little more seasoned in this kind of stuff relate to this?????

…. Especially the blinking at the end and the voice part, and has anyone seen a door in a black void? Does that lead to a full lucid dream????!!!!!

I was me in my purest form like I had shed this synthetic shell, that was my body and all that was me. This feeling was especially highlighted by my voice (which was one of the things that astounded me most about the experience), my voice was so much MY VOICE, if that makes any sense, but It had a more youthful slightly higher pitched tone, but was so powerful, there was not the slightest bit of doubt in anything that left my lips (if I even had them), everything I shouted was backed up by 100% of my being. It was like everything I said I effortlessly put 100% of myself into. I was still occasionally cognizant of my bodies existence but it was a completely separate entity. I became a detatched and ethearal energy with no definition, I existed but I didn’t. Flying through an endless void of , not necessarily bright lights buts smears of dull muted colors accented by occational bright needle point colors, but not stars. Occasionaly especially towards the beginning there were shapes in the black void made up of the color matter that consumed my vision and they had definite bright three dimensional properties. I felt a divine sense of empowerment as I flew, equipped with a voice that could shake mountains. I would shout out into the boundless blackness when I felt I was losing intensity or started becoming too aware of my actual body (lucid dreaming techniques I read about) and this would increase the intensity of the experience and that empowerment was also increased when at will, I decided to grow larger throwing my defineless energy outward in a way that what I felt resembled my human form, but I still remained shapeless. I could choose to spin, stretch my arms out (but could not see them), every movement was with an incredibly graceful fluidity, like the most graceful of eels. I was completely in control. A truly bizarre and amazing feeling of absolute freedom

Eventually There was a door, floating, in the distance creaked open ( I know this sounds cliché), pouring out this amazing pristine light. As I approached it I started to feel more and more anxious. And this anxiety proved to be very toxic in this state. As gradually, while my anxiety increased, the door lost its vividness, beauty and depth and finally spun out of my frame of view and I woke up into sleep paralysis. ( I wonder if the door would lead to an actual lucid dream state?!) which is what I’m aiming for. Whole thing lasted about 45 min. with the lead up. Felt like much longer though.

During this whole experience as well, I would become more and less conscious of my human form, and for the moments when I did feel an increased sense of my human form. I remember not being able to tell if my eyes were open or closed. I would blink but did not know if I was actually blinking. strange
Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Leeroy1979

Thetafiend, sounds to me like you were experiencing something that is at a high level of spiritual awareness. THIS was an OBE/Lucid dream Generally doors, lifts, beams of light can be doorways or gates to the next level up or down. I have not experienced this yet as my time to practice is limited and sleep is something i rarely get into a pattern of so can't help I'm afraid but would suggest looking more into 'higher self' techniques and 'higher states of conciousness' as this will probably help you a bit more. It seems as though you managed to go to a place people search for,for a long time in most cases. Most people get into this because they here a few stories, and don't really understand the true extent of what can be achieved. They would rather stick around in here and now or in astral planes close to our own physical world, rather than experience what its really like and usually it's conditioning of the mind and physical experiences that prevent them from wanting to explore.

Your name would suggest that your have an awareness to a certain degree and the use of an isolation tank would suggest you have a good platform to work from.

I look forward to hearing more from you in posts in the future if it something your willing to share on here
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Thetafiend

Leeroy, I appreciate your insights my friend. The door is what puzzled me the most, it was so tangible, and my curiosity has peaked since I was not able to reach its calling presence. WHAT WAS BEHIND THAT DOOR??? Haha. This curiosity has lead to great frustration which in turn has manifested itself into a burning desire to reach this state again. But while I seem to get close, I cannot reach that state of total detatchment. You mention the next level up or down, not sure what you are getting at here? And as far as the Lucid Dream/ OBE thing goes I am at the same dilemma of trying to label this experience as well. While the beginning of the experience (which I didn’t really talk about in my last post) was OBE ( my hand moving back and forth on the bed , while not actually moving, sitting up in bed while not sitting up etc.) It turned into some intense hypnagogia, a sign of dropping down to that Theta brainwave. This was very dreamlike, synths playing, at one point there was a hiphop beat, random whisper, voices. And a stream of images that were both frightening and pleseant. Here’s where it gets lucid, before I hit that highlight which I described above, near the end of the stream of images they started to get very pleasant and instead of a stream flashing before my eyes, it started feeling like I was actually flying through a stream of images. This feeling grew with intensity as well. To the point where my conscious brain was like “ok to go into these dream worlds” which were incredibly vivid I need to throw myself into them. I remember one being a first person view of me tucked under golden linens and I was perched on a mountain in a building that had white and beige walls with exposed arches revealing a fantastic fauna jungle, and beams of sunlight penetrating the arches and hitting orange tile next to my bed. Standing above me looking down was a beautiful woman named Shayla (I don’t know how I knew her name) with long forest green flowing hair and the greenest eyes (my kind of girl because I love green eyes) dressed in some kind of lord of the rings type of attire. THIS GIRL WAS HOT. As I approached the scene it was accompanied by a womans nurturing voice, saying “Wake up Eric Wake up Eric” slowly. The picture had no motion however, completely still. And for whatever reason I COULD NOT GET INSIDE THIS SCENE. After that the images stopped and I was just left in this black void. But here was where I could hear my voice. And that brought me so much excitement I was left with the highlight experience above. It’s funny I remember it all perfectly.

So you can see my dilemma with the altered state identity crisis here lol

I would like to say as well that although I do practice meditation and yoga moderately, I have never had anything of this magnitude. That’s why I joined this forum, so I could share it.

And I’m sorry you can’t find the time to sleep, because it is soooo important, but if you cant, USE THE TANK. I have found it to be THE BEST TOOL for maintaining meditative theta states, and although I’ve only gone 3 times, I can already feel that my meditation is becoming more of a mechanism. As if I can just switch on that instant relaxation let go focus that meditation brings.

Also a quick stat for ya…. 1 hour of floating is equivalent to 4 hours of REM sleep so maybe that would be something that fits your schedule better.