Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Spiritual Healer

Handle Criticism with Ease Through Meditation

There certainly must have been situations in your life when we must have gone through some or the other sort of criticism. Receiving such a disapproval is not easy to accept and might leave you with a feeling of humiliation and abused for the rest of your life. Therefore, it becomes very important on your part to handle criticism in an effective way.

While criticism can never bring you happiness, you got to sift constructive criticism from the one that is downright mean. You need to take such remarks in a positive way, instead of taking them as personal attacks. Many a times the person criticizing may not be doing so with an intention of hurting you. Probably, he/ she might be doing so with an intention of improving yourself. In such a situation instead of attacking the other person with a negative remark, listen patiently and try improving yourself, if you think there is a room for it.
Old 30-01-2013, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator
Yes it's good to be open-minded, but also discerning as to -the lesson to be learned...plus the other person's possible intention.
Sometimes other people can "put a person down" for their own ego-desire reasons. Or as an attempt at manipulation or even bullying. We shouldn't stand for that, and instead, stand our own ground, silently, or decide not to mix with those people too much if necessary. Just being able to discern what's behind it is good.
But it's good to be open and listen to what is said. It might be an interesting lesson. Nobody's perfect, and we can often be blind to our own shortcomings!
Old 30-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Master

These are just beautiful thoughts, we are all on our journeys and at the end of the day the criticisms come as part of a package, they are all gifts whether to be accepted or to "hone" us by way of negative experience.

And to treat both constructive and negative criticism with the same grace and ease is not easy - as some people are just being mean - but they are hurting which gives rise to the unkindnesses.

I know I used to be over-sensitive, I'm not so sensitive now so hopefully getting stronger but I would sniff a whiff of criticism from a million paces away - and go flying off the deep end!

I love the Rudyard Poem "if" ....
Old 30-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I have come to a huge dawning in my life.
I did not understand some injustices...some were angry critical outbursts from
Someone I normally hang out with and love. She was also "yelling" at
Another of our friends.
Instead of being mad at her for lack of maturity and control of her anger...it hit me..
What is more valuable? The love we have or me wanting to stop being around her.

I humbly reaized I must deserve this treatment. I think in another life I was mean to her.
Now, I graciously accept any outburst, criticism or misjudgment of me.
I figure I did it to her at some point and, thank you, Universe for paying me back to burn up my karma, and teach me humility.
I have also forgiven my father for his horrible treatment of me...there was a reason...it is not my place to know what it was....but I forgive all misjudgments of me as I am sorry I ever did them in another life, at a different time.
What a turn around for me to be thankful for the "meanness" instead of all indignant

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Spiritual Healer

Thanks to all for taking part in thread and express your valuable views.