Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Ascender
Is Our Only Worth Defined By What We Can Do For Others?

Is our only purpose for existing to serve others? What's wrong with living for one's own self interest? . On the surface it seems distasteful, but the more I think about it, I feel it may be a more genuine and honest way to be.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:46 PM
Master
I agree. Being true to self is what life is about.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-05-2022, 04:43 PM
Ascender
I guess I just wonder if it's possible for mutual benefit among selfish individuals.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Is our only purpose for existing to serve others? What's wrong with living for one's own self interest? . On the surface it seems distasteful, but the more I think about it, I feel it may be a more genuine and honest way to be.
I think that everyone should try to intuitively discover themselves, and learn what they should do. I recommend you get in touch with your inner guidance and ask what to do. Following others' suggestions and beliefs is likely to not be right for you. How would you know whom to follow? On everything there is an wide specter of opinions (even when counting only the honest ones).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:51 PM
Master

Quote:
I guess I just wonder if it's possible for mutual benefit among selfish individuals.
Yes, there is a mutual benefit as no one is an island, no one exits in a vacuum. There is really no such thing as a totally selfish person and there is really no such thing as a totally selfless person. We give to each other the character which we have developed in ourselves and that character effects humanity. People need people, even selfish people rely on other people. But the greater perspective is that of karma, “you reap what you sow,” etc. Simply put, it is much more pleasurable to have an open heart then it is to have a closed heart.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:56 AM
Master

In the realisation of the true nature, you come to understand your giving back to life by being just that. It’s much more beneficial than suffering entanglements..

Labels and definitions of what your supposed to be doing in this life are man made constructs.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:20 AM
Master
In my view, whilst living authentically, being true to oneself is experiencing the enabled vibration fully, we have been bestowed with the power of a discerning mind. It tells us and heart validates, that the moments when we were truly happy and joyous, were when we dissolved … into the sunset, into laughter, doing a good deed spontaneously, caring, loving , being one with the flow of life itself and yet, without stagnating.

The point is that as long as we’re not caught in a groove of habit, our immersion in any vibration is alright, like a splash in the ocean. It’s indulgence leaning to addiction that makes us drown.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:46 PM
Master

I think we all have knowledge we should simply help and (be) connect with others. And I agree with others be cautious of definitions and labels that tell us what we must do. Yet in this instance for me the self says one should.

In this instance I think we know we should, even though the feeling isn't as defined. There are many things we think (have knowledge and know) we should do but don't, the human side. We've known that experience to. We have knowledge and I'd ask what does knowledge say.

Knowledge is not experience. knowledge sometimes seems as an opposite. One can have knowledge but not experience yet. So how would one know. My experience and knowledge seem to be in agreement now, we are here to help and (should) protect each other. One only needs to look into the world to see why and can experience what happens and part of journey. Here I want to explore knowledge from the perspective of knowing. Can one know? My gut (instinct) tells me I should be aware of others and we have asked many times should our instinct be followed and here I would say the gut is knowledge. I would also say helping others worthwhile. We do feel connection is not important in modern ways, especially in the west, and times and so be about selfish. I know I do not like being selfless and I don't like how difficult it is. We are here to learn. In fact it is something that requires practice.

It is ok to include one's own self interest but imo not to an extreme where it is hurtful to others. And also keep in mind we sow, we reap. Lastly, we all have received and experienced being helped and I know through experience how it felt and saw it. It was something helpful and positive. How do we reject that.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:19 PM
Guide
Quote:

No, that is not why we are here, it makes us feel better if we voluntarily help others but if we are forced into servitude it is a different story. The thing is, if you feel better serving then serve. If you need something you do what you can to take care of yourself. You can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
A lot depends on how you see yourself. When you go beyond physical reality and understand your higher self is divine, love it with a bond which is all consuming, then you are following what many spiritual teachers advocate when they say love God with all your heart and soul. However if you see your self in terms of physical reality then there is not that mutual benefit you speak about. You then become unbalanced.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/