Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Pathfinder
Knowing for sure...

When the physical vibrations started during my attempts at an out-of-body journey, thought somebodies washer in my building was out of balance. When I reached out to the forum and received the "Kundalini" suggestion, explored that possibility also. Now that it's happened in my new house, I know for sure it's not a washer, and my VA doc could find no sign of a seizure disorder.
My past explorations fit the unexpected-awakening parameters but I am not sure how to move forward, or if I should without proper guidance. Guess this is the definition of a "personal spiritual journey" Can anyone give me any hints here?
Peace and Love, Ken
Then, Gabriel comes and taps you on the shoulder
But you don’t see no hearses with luggage racks"
Don Henley
Old 30-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Master
Ken--

You know that vibrations (and loud noises) can be part of the OBE experience, right? There are very exhaustive lists of all the sensations that can accompany a projection. It's very common.

Have you read a lot about OBEs? Sounds like a place to start.

Lora

Here's one that's online and that I trust: http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf
Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Ken--

You know that vibrations (and loud noises) can be part of the OBE experience, right? There are very exhaustive lists of all the sensations that can accompany a projection. It's very common.

Have you read a lot about OBEs? Sounds like a place to start.

Lora

Here's one that's online and that I trust: http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf

Thanks Lora, Had my 1st OBE at 18 while undergoing cancer surgery for over 3 hrs. It started me on the search for clarity and understanding, and I wanted it to happen again...and again. Only in the past few years have the actual physical vibrations started. During my 4 decade search, I searched many disciplines without any direction or counselling. I read that an unexpected Kundalini awakening can occur when an undisciplined search for spiritual enlightenment stumbles onto the right personal truths. Can the OBE vibrations and Kundilini be told apart? Wish I knew..... Peace, Ken
Don Henley
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntedTexas
Thanks Lora, Had my 1st OBE at 18 while undergoing cancer surgery for over 3 hrs. It started me on the search for clarity and understanding, and I wanted it to happen again...and again. Only in the past few years have the actual physical vibrations started. During my 4 decade search, I searched many disciplines without any direction or counselling. I read that an unexpected Kundalini awakening can occur when an undisciplined search for spiritual enlightenment stumbles onto the right personal truths. Can the OBE vibrations and Kundilini be told apart? Wish I knew..... Peace, Ken

Ken,

Well, I would think they could be told apart as the kundalini starts in the spine with a strong electrical surge kind of thing (I am told!). The vibrational thing that can (but doesn't have to) happen with OBEs is more like...shaking--not necessarily electrical.

I'm making generalizations that I shouldn't because I'm sure there are people who will have vibrations before OBEs that were similar. But kundalini is a purposeful moving up the spine. If/when it encounters blockages, there can be pain or uncomfortable electrical feelings and a whole variety of things that can happen.

You've probably already investigated, but I like the descriptions of William Buhlman's Adventures Beyond the Body for the OBE experience. Here is a free link to the .pdf file.

http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf

And then for kundalini, here is one list.
http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/ksigns.html

Maybe there is something in here that will clarify. But, personally, I don't see them as similar experiences at all. The OBE vibrations are just caused by the physical attachment of consciousness to the body. Not everyone experiences it (I don't). And it's best if you don't, as it's just a waste of energy.

But the kundalini energy is part of the process of increasing the vibrational range of the person, so the "electrical" part of it is key to the process. For you, since your first OBE was during surgery, it's logical to assume your "physical bond" might have been weakened at the time. Now, it is probably more firm since you are physically healthy. It is known that OBEs happen more easily if you are ill, weakened or elderly.

I hope something here helps you distinguish.

Lora
Old 05-07-2014, 04:30 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntedTexas
When the physical vibrations started during my attempts at an out-of-body journey, thought somebodies washer in my building was out of balance. When I reached out to the forum and received the "Kundalini" suggestion, explored that possibility also. Now that it's happened in my new house, I know for sure it's not a washer, and my VA doc could find no sign of a seizure disorder.
My past explorations fit the unexpected-awakening parameters but I am not sure how to move forward, or if I should without proper guidance. Guess this is the definition of a "personal spiritual journey" Can anyone give me any hints here?
Peace and Love, Ken

Hello Ken.

What is it that you feel you need?

Clarity of what is going on for you to move forward?

Sometimes with awakening issues we walk them through, we sometimes dont always find the full clarity, until the next level unfolds..well that is my experience through much of this stuff.

Walking through the unknown builds the foundation of trust through the experiences, then we enter the unknown aspects of our life unfolding with that trust in place.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Newbie ;)

"Knowing for sure..."

You may never know for sure. In other words, it will probably become whatever you make out of it. I will say this from personal experience (and that's all it is, so take it with a grain of salt). I had very faint vibrations for about 4 months and then one night I had the typical kundalini symptom of powerful energy surges up my spine. That was about 3 1/2 years ago.. since then the vibrations have intensified but are on and off.

I have never practiced any kind of meditation or yoga.. this all just happened.. and when it did, I made a big deal about it in my mind... started searching for answers, etc etc.. that whole game.

What I'm trying to get at is that you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what happened and is happening to you... Sure, people will always be around to give you answers, but are you going to take their word just so you can feel like you're on some kind of path or going through some kind of process? What if there is no path and no process aside from that which you create in your mind?

It's a scary thought... because then you're all alone and there is nobody who can give you a method or practice to follow.
Old 13-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Pathfinder
I am very grateful to you all for the responses. Been taking the past week to try and answer the questions y'all posed. Not an easy thing since honesty has been my guiding force. Was in sales for way too long in the past ... A spiritual awakening has been a life-long goal of mine, sometimes unconsciously, and then when I least expected it, the inner lights start coming on. Now it seems that my excitement needs to be quieted to regain the state of consciousness that opened the doors. Then to worry that it was accidental, may never progress further, or cannot be used in helping others has me frustrated. "God grant me patience, but please give it to me now" is a mantra currently... So I put it out into this forum, and must thank all who responded for encouragement, enlightenment, and not making me sorry I did. Peace and Love to all y'all
Don Henley