Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 PM
fallenboy

Is seemingly hard-to-get goals waste of time?

I have a dream :)

It doesnt seem unrealistic but i have to take some steps to acheive it -- nothing special. The problem is, however, my inner being.

I want to buy a cabin in woods. It doesnt cost much, but i have to take a loan to get it.

When I think of my own cottage, I feel good! But when I think of loan, all I feel is really nagative -- my logic says I manage it, but i feel doubt, anxiety etc.

I dislike my job and when I take the loan I would feel trapped. But it seems the only way to get what I want.

Buddists say the door into one's soul opens outside -- you cannot push someone to do something. I guess it's the same way with everything -- I'm afraid I might push too hard to get what I want... But pure patience seems like a waste of time..

Kinda confused here :S

Any thought are welcome!

Joyful new year!

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Master
It seems pretty simple, really. You relish having that cabin and it doesn't cost too much, but wanting the cabin is ok, what it may take to purchase it is the thing that stops you ~ try and weigh what having and living in that cabin means in terms of future experiences. Will having the cabin and being able to live in it and enjoy all the activities in and around it worth the having to work for however long it may take? So, it isn't simply about obtaining the cabin ~ it's about finding an extra way to pay for it so that you don't have to depend on just your salary now to pay for it. Do you think you can find another way to help pay for it or negotiate the price down some how? I hope this helps, although you may have already thought about this stuff. Good luck!

Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Master
Hello, Fallen boy, is it this particular cabin that doesn't cost so much, or cabins in general in your area. What would the cost to have a mortgage on it be, your monthly payments? Are you renting a place now? What are your payments. do you have a down payment you can put on it? It's not etched in stone that you have to remain there, once you take out a loan/mortgage on it...you can always sell if it seems too much for you or you want to take up stakes...

You are young, I checked your profile. I don't know what kind of job you have and are assuming you have one. I didn';t check that on your profile if you even declared what that might be...

Try not to feel you would be trapped if it is something you really would like to have and can afford it. A roof over one's head is always a good thing.

I am trying to keep my own house which is nothing really at all, but my property and my trees and the view mean so much to me, I am connected to it. I felt strongly that I should stay here, but I only have a part time job and was going to school, but then a series of misfortunate events occurred, but then again, maybe in some ways it was good because now i can go onto the path I feel I was meant to go (writer/photographer)....anyway...but if I keep my house, the mortage is more than i could do on my own. My daughter is helping however, and hopefully, things will work out as I saw in my mind...

I will have to live like a pauper for a time...but I am used to that pretty much as when married, my husband did not part with his money to fix the house up, for me to get groceries until he deemed it was okay, for gifts, and I was given $20 a week for gas. So I know I can go along until I get a book published hopefully or a second job or better full time job.

I bet you are in a pretty good position to cash in on your dream and in later years, it'd be paid off. My youngest son has a dream of something like you desire.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM
p & p

you could always build a cabin by hand.

an axe, saw and pencil is all you need! there are tutorials online: even youtube!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenboy
But it seems the only way to get what I want.

Never give up on your dreams. I have dreams too that have been rattling around in my head for a few years. I did the Affirmations bit and got nowhere, and no matter how much energy I put into it nothing seemed to work. Five years later and all these people are coming out of the woodwork, the people that will help me to put this dream together. Now is the time, and I'm going to grab the opportunity by the wotsits until it screams for mercy. The grab it some more.

Are there other avenues you haven't explored? If you could pay for your cabin (would you be relocating?) by doing some handyman or other work nearby the cabin? Working for the people that will build/sell it to you?

It's all about the right time for the right thing, and when the time is right for you to get your cabin, it'll happen. Just remember your dream and that it takes a brave person to dream brave dreams.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Sungirl

Imho its a case of looking at what you want and how you work to get it. Nothing in life is truly free, and it shouldn't be. We all have to give up something to get what we want.

For instance, I want a new job. One of the best ways to get a new job is to get some qualifications. I really don't want to spend the time on this qualification, but when I get it I have a better chance of getting out of where I am at the moment.... so I have to bite the bullet and do the work.

I have signed up for the course and I am not enjoying it, but Spirit tells me to get on with it and stop whining as it will lead to something better. I see these things as hoops to jump through to get to a place of happiness :)

Is it possible that there is another way you can get the money together? The money you would be spending on the loan could be put aside instead and you could save for the cabin. It would mean you have to wait longer for your dream and you may have to go without some things to raise the cash quicker, but it would mean you don't have to have a loan.

As P&P says, you could give time and energy and build one.

Something has to be given to receive... it all depends on what your options are, what you are willing to give and how much what you want to receive is worth to you. Only you know the answer to these questions.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Greenslade

Goals, if we choose to follow them or not, what we do to get there, how we choose to act if we get there or not - it all shows the Universe who and what we are. What kind of picture of yourself do you want to give the Universe?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Master
Its pretty simple, if you can afford the payments then go for it, if you can't well don't.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenboy
I have a dream :)

It doesnt seem unrealistic but i have to take some steps to acheive it -- nothing special. The problem is, however, my inner being.

I want to buy a cabin in woods. It doesnt cost much, but i have to take a loan to get it.

When I think of my own cottage, I feel good! But when I think of loan, all I feel is really nagative -- my logic says I manage it, but i feel doubt, anxiety etc.

I dislike my job and when I take the loan I would feel trapped. But it seems the only way to get what I want.

Buddists say the door into one's soul opens outside -- you cannot push someone to do something. I guess it's the same way with everything -- I'm afraid I might push too hard to get what I want... But pure patience seems like a waste of time..

Kinda confused here :S

Any thought are welcome!

Joyful new year!

Thanks.

I see this is tricky. Your fear and anxiety could be well founded i.e. it might be a clue that there is less ease for you in having a loan and feeling trapped in the job than there is in having the cabin. I imagine the cabin would be nice so the question is, would your overall life be better/easier or worse/harder with the benefit of the cabin but the downside of the loan?

Whatever you decide though, hold onto the dreams.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Master

I am thinking of buying a cottage /cabin.. well in Scotland- but it would not be my main home more of an escape pod.

If I were you I would try living in a cabin first to see the practical side of things and see if you are ready.

Loans are scary but part of life.. I had no debt until the age of 30 and then took out loans to buy investment properties. Its not easy with the recession but I don't regret it.
Taking a chance is worth it- but I would try cabin life first before you go any further. Things like maintenance, plumbing, heating security..will all be slightly different.