Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Master
Is there really an illusion?

Hello,

I thought about whether I should post this or not, then said what the hey.

There seems to be a lot of questioning who the individual is. Whether the way one identifies oneself is "real" or not. Whether this is all an illusion.
I am not knocking questioning or critisizing those that do. I do it myself. But for me through this exploration there seems to me to be an implication that somehow this self is all a hoax, not real.

I just don't see it that way nor experience my existence that way.

I see my existence as my mind with all of its thoughts, my body with all of its marks, my spirit with all of its light. None, to me, an illusion. It is as I experience right here, right now. No separateness, all interacting and guiding. Where is the illusion?

I can understand being to caught up in past regrets or bitterness. I can understand projecting fears about things that have yet to happen. But as one is experiencing this isn't this real for that person?

When one is struggling to have their next meal, a place to sleep, care for their family, or just survive the day, is this an illusion he/she created?

Can look at the flip side here as well. If one helps another, if one shows love to another, if one acknowledges another. Is this just an illusion?

I am sorry if I step on any toes here. But I felt at times one can get too caught up in the philosophies and not the reality of this life.

Life is a gift. This human existence is a gift. Our beingness is always there. Where is the illusion?

I identify all this as the self I am. The potentials and the challenges. The physical and the formless.

To me if one separates one part then one separates All.

I say embrace it all and embrace the self. As long as one is experiencing it, to me, then there is no illusion.

Guess I needed to express this. It is written with love and is not meant to be a reflection upon anyone.

Thank you for reading this.

Peace to you.
Old 28-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Summerkat

If it is illusion we are all under its spell. It is real for us now and we participate.

I hear my Grandma in my head saying to me, "You got too much time to think about this stuff. You don't have enough to do." haha

And there is truth in that. Modern conveniences (hey where is the phone for the pizza guy?) have freed up much of our time, allowing us time to pick things apart spiritually. Maybe its good and maybe its bad. Sometimes its just mental.
Old 28-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Master
Its all only an illusion if we are lost within it, believing that its our true being and missing the Reality of who we truly are, other than that, its just a great game to play in.
Old 28-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerkat
If it is illusion we are all under its spell. It is real for us now and we participate.

I hear my Grandma in my head saying to me, "You got too much time to think about this stuff. You don't have enough to do." haha

And there is truth in that. Modern conveniences (hey where is the phone for the pizza guy?) have freed up much of our time, allowing us time to pick things apart spiritually. Maybe its good and maybe its bad. Sometimes its just mental.

Hello Summerkat,

Thank you for the response.

I can agree that in this modern day of age many can have time to ponder too much. On the good, the bad, the beautiful, and ugly and with this comes the results of it.

I agree one can get too caught up in the head. But does this not create ones reality at the present?

So perhaps the thoughts have gone off track, so to speak, but could this be what is meant to be for that person?

Yes, have to love Grandma Life is for living, not thinking about.

To me its all spiritual in its own way.

Peace to you
Old 28-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Its all only an illusion if we are lost within it, believing that its our true being and missing the Reality of who we truly are, other than that, its just a great game to play in.

Hello psychoslice,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i suppose one can lost in the thoughts, hopes, and fears.

Who we truely are, to me is who one is being right here, right now.

Our memories, our dreams, our light, and our dark. Mind, body, and spirit.
How is one separate from the other, if all being of the One?

How we "play" with this or interact is of our creation/choice.
Is this the illusion? I at this time not seeing it that way.

Peace to you
Old 28-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello psychoslice,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i suppose one can lost in the thoughts, hopes, and fears.

Who we truely are, to me is who one is being right here, right now.

Our memories, our dreams, our light, and our dark. Mind, body, and spirit.
How is one separate from the other, if all being of the One?

How we "play" with this or interact is of our creation/choice.
Is this the illusion? I at this time not seeing it that way.

Peace to you
Could I ask you what way are you looking it then ?.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Summerkat

Hi Moonglow :) Sure all the thoughts go into creating ones reality. I would go along with that. And would also agree that our lives don't feel like they are illusions..everything feels very real.

The idea of illusion maybe just has to do with everything is interconnected and not separate like it appears. Its all one.

Life is a gift..you are so right about that. I didn't really used to appreciate it. And there are times I wanted off the planet, just wanted to chuck it all. But now it feels like I'm in the right place..this life on Earth right now.. and I'm content with it even though there are hard times. Still wouldn't want to be any place else. If its all just illusion, its a grand one. And I am happy to be in it.

Also, I love your user pic..the colors are fantastic!
Old 28-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Master
as long as there is reality there will always be an illusion.

Old 28-12-2010, 02:26 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Moonglow: Yes, it's very real, and there is no way to contradict that reality except by building imaginary 'if/then' belief systems.. your post says what everyone inherently 'knows', and some enjoy pretending they don't know..

We are right here, right now.. we are individual separate beings funtioning as a Whole (sometimes better sometimes worse).. you cannot know what i think and vice-versa, individuality and separateness is a given, in the same way that we are a functioning Whole is a given.. understanding this relationship, and working-out the details of the 'functioning' is 'my' understanding of 'Spirituality'..

As far as can be reliably validated, we humans are unique among the stars and planets.. there may be circumstantial evidence suggesting otherwise, but no proof exists. As far as can be reliably validated, this physical existence we are currently experiencing is a unique event.. a once in eternity sort of thing, so.. that is my perspective, that Life is a most sacred event (no religious implications).. that the Human Experience evolves through the individualities which are its 'medium'.. that each individual contributes to evolution of the Human Experience, which is evolving toward realization of its Energetic Being..

We are not confined by these aging bodies, we are the eternal energy that animates their temporary physical manifestation, but.. given the observably unique nature of the Human manifestation, the Human Experience cannot be dismissed as an illusion, or as of any less merit than the Whole it comprises.. when we actually understand the relationship of the Parts with the Whole, we will then know that what we do unto others we do unto ourselves, and.. what we do to ourselves we do to all others, as well.. this is the realization that actually looks to cure the real causes of suffering.. the realization that makes understanding Life and honoring it a priority of the highest order..

Ooops, rambling again.. sorry..

Be well..
Old 28-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
some enjoy pretending they don't know.

no they don't pretend. they are sincere.

Quote:
you cannot know what i think and vice-versa,

same way you are sincere here and not pretending when you say you don't know.

so don't be quick to accuse people of pretense, give them at least the benefit of your doubt.

and try to avoid conflicting statements.
like whe if it is others that don't know, they pretend
if it is you that don't know your sincere.