Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 23-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Seeker
Fish Dreams of Hades

It's going to sound rather silly, but I first was interested in Hades after watching Disney's Hercules. As I have an affinity for all that is dark, I was drawn to liking him. However, I am staunchly opposed to the thought that darkness equals villainy, and my concept of him was immediately transformed to that of Hades within actual Greek Mythology. He retained his appearance of the Disney film, however.

Now, I have been having dreams of Hades as I delve into the unknown and the mysterious.

In my first dream, I went to Disneyland and saw a few of the characters I liked (including the newer version of Maleficent), but when it came time to see Hades, he did not appear.

In my second dream, I went to Disneyworld and the whole time I was searching for Hades. At first, I found another person to dress up as him, but I was mocked by the other people in the park. A while after, he appeared far away from me and it was not until I took a journey into the bottom of a pool within the park that I was able to meet him. He was impressive in size, and I was eager to show him a necklace I had earned from earlier in the dream. I woke up before meeting him.

I have been thinking about these dreams and have come to a few conclusions about them. To me, Disneyland & Disneyworld represent mainstream society. I am decidedly against Disney as a corporation, but I do enjoy some of their films. It is very telling that I could not find Hades in mainstream society, for I have deeper thoughts about him than what most consider his Disney counterpart to be. I explore the meaning behind large bodies of water in my waking hours, as well, and for me, I believe Hades to be a beacon in what I would consider the dark abyss. I believe that in order to find the true Hades that I seek connection with, I must travel again to the depths of the abyss. This time, however, I will do so aided (as represented in my dream as the friend who traveled with me to the bottom of the pool) in order for it not to affect my health as it has in the past.

With all that said, I am wondering if anyone has any further insight into Hades' themes than I. I am familiar with the mythology as a text, but not for the deeper, universal truths within it. Any takers?
Old 23-11-2015, 04:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Idk much about the mythology but as far as the dream;

The place (Disney theme parks) is your mind, rather than society I see it as your conscious and your search for this character is exploring it. You haven't found it cause characters like that are not "in" your mind, they're detached or away from direct thought.

Careful what you look for though, once you see you can't not see ;)
Old 23-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Guide
Hi I, Monster, I find your post intriguing! I once read in a novel somewhere, a phrase that has always stuck with me. It was about a somewhat unbalanced psychologist who had a favorite saying: "A Healer can only heal as deep as he can wound." Basically saying that if you don't explore the depths of your dark side, it compromises how much you can know of your light side and that will affect how much you can help others.

There is a spiritual teacher named Teal Swan who exudes as much of her dark side as she does her light side. She's very intelligent and logical, and tells others, in her various YouTube posts, that it is actually detrimental and unrealistic to only explore the light side of things, as both must exist and contribute to spiritual growth. To only delve into the light side of things creates an environment of denial, she believes. It actually makes great sense.

If you look at the ying-yang symbol, the white part is the equal part of the black part, which speaks to its meaning of balance. So, yes, I totally get your need to explore the Hades concept.

Now to really blow your mind, some people believe that as you grow spiritually, you get to such a highly developed point that good and evil are no longer differentiated/separated. It's all heady stuff, but best wishes with your journey!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 23-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Seeker
Thank you both for your input. I have really taken what you have said to heart. I had another dream including Hades last night, but I am working out some things and will post about it later.
Old 23-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Suspended
Hades is a part of you that you made up in your mind that you can not connect with. No matter how big you make him to be, he is not really you.
Old 23-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Hades is a part of you that you made up in your mind that you can not connect with. No matter how big you make him to be, he is not really you.

Well, gee, this is embarrassing, but I think you're right.

I've been trying to figure a lot of things out about myself lately, and it's likely I've over-identified with him in the process. I should probably slow down.

Last edited by i, monster : 23-11-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 24-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Ascender
Hades is just as real as any angel or god. He's not that hard to find but be careful what you wish for. Just because your drawn to the dark doesn't mean your necessarily safe there. They respect strength. Can you fight them if you need to?