Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 04-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Ascender
Skin complexion

Alright, so...

The past 6 months I have become vegetarian and worked on eating a more whole food diet. Feels incredible. Just, everything. My skin complexion improved. Smooth, even, bright... glowing.

And the past week or so I have been letting myself go nuts with poo foods (can I even call it food?) I should not be eating. My skin is rebelling into breakouts. like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!" Also, automatic stomach ache. Blegh.

Time to put the junk down.
Lessoned learned.

Also watched this amazing documentary called "Fed up" on Netflix with my boyfriend last night. Really opened my eyes to how terrible this stuff is. It's about sugar and the effect it has on obesity in America. I honestly didn't know that foods marketed as "low fat", "low calorie" or "less" just means MORE sugar. Disgusting! What a trap. I feel bamboozled lol.

Activate detox and cleanse. NOW.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Ascender

yes....with sensible skin you have to be careful with "fat" food .....like nuts .....low fat is important
Old 04-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting observation, Libby. I will definitely check it out on Netflix tonight. however, yes, anything with "low" or "fat free" is really more sugar.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:55 AM
Ascender
I actually enjoy nuts a lot. They keep me satisfied and full. Haha. Was eating them as snacks before I went berserk with junk but my skin was great. I think what's messing with me the most is sugar, the bread from donuts and cakey things.

Interesting pic cloves! Where I am breaking out is my cheeks!
Old 13-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Guide

If you want to try "other cakey things" - try a brand depending on where you are, called Giddy Yo Yo - their "Raw Banana Bread" - it's just banana's.

I also have a temptation for cakey things..

I have also noticed that if I get enough minerals in my diet, sugar addictions are eliminated.

A nice skin complexion for myself has been from a diet, high in water, with daily water consumption, citrus fruits (although I have seen where a higher percentage of people cannot have citrus as it causes them to have outbreaks on their face.

Green juicing.

Lower fat depending on how much exercise - what kind of exercise, & how much water. Than my face tends to break out in very deep cystic acne if I get too much fat intake, but it varies on my activity levels.

Not everything that comes out onto our faces is a cause of eating badly, it may just be your body's way of eliminating what it cannot have. I say this because fruit juice, unpasteurized where I make it at home, causes me to have break outs, & although people may say, Oh, it's your bodies way of "detoxing" well not really. Not always. I have the experience of my own body, & they have theirs.

& again, exercise, can have a nice glow to the skin. & weekly exfoliation.