Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 24-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Master
Helping wildlife in local areas

Have been pondering an idea for some time now and would like some feedback on a rough copy of email I wish to send out in the hope of obtaining grants.eg Any further ideas, any unforeseen problems, and any addresses of organisations I could ask for cash, I am sure many with a pot of money would be interested in helping such a project. I have no name for it yet, neither have I decided on a specific role. I am in the north of England

The email

The recent decline of certain types of wildlife is very sad.

I have an idea that may help.

working with already existing local organisations to rejuvenate the area.

(organisations such as Emmaus, Church and other religious groups, therapy groups , community centres and council)

The idea would be to recycle materials and offer labour to local people and businesses to re-establish the wildlife we are losing

Concentrating mainly on

1) Amphibians and fish by introduction of ponds in gardens and allotments for those who want them, small frog pools for instance could easily be made from recycled containers.

2) Mammals such as hedgehogs this could be done by offering to adapt peoples gardens and allotments slightly to accomodate these creatures, breeding boxes and breeding pairs may also be distributed and istalled also made from recycled stuff, one idea is to visit local pet shops and ask them to consider selling hedgehog pairs as pets (may sound a bit wrong that, but from the hedgehogs point of view, probably no different)

3) Birds including birds of prey...Bird boxes of many types can be made very easily from offcuts of pipe for instance.

at the moment there is an inbalance we have too many pigeons and rats I think some birds of prey may help this problem, and how to treat pigeons I like the original idea behind the pigeon house in chester, trying to tackle the birds in the way we do makes them ill due to lack of nesting and roosting space.(after all pigeons pick up scraps and turn them into fertiliser, we would be rich if we invented such machines,all that is needed is their roosts and nests are over planted /grassed areas...I think we are a bit daft after spent many years living alongside these birds that we have not learnt enmasse a simple way of how to treat them, instead we fight them and lose.

4) Insects especially the honey bee, this could be done by planting of more native -plants and climbers such as honeysuckle, also some on allotments could be encouraged to use recycled material to attract them for nests.

5) As above introduction of native plants such as wildflower meadows in appropriate areas, for instance a local store could sponsor a patch of roadverge/roundabout meadow , this would be great advertising as wildflowers like this can look stunning, like a piece of heaven has appeared.

Also many types of decorative planters can be made from recycled containers , tires and wood. some of these could also have a sponsor plaque.
Old 24-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Experiencer
i believe before we aim to help wildlife
we should help fellow human beings
because they are more worthy of our help than animals

i see your point though
but personally i believe nature should be left alone
it can help it self it always had without human interfering
since the dawn of times it always had
Old 24-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Master
I am trying to turn back some of the negatives of our interfering..such as the decline of bees and hedgehogs, the disappearence of habitat for amphibians and declining bird numbers, hedgehogs cannot fight the motorcar on their own you know.

If succesful this will be a great positive help to humans too, we already have many things to help us.

I don't feel it should be seen as interfering, just tweeking in a positive way what we already have..note my points above relating to pigeons.
Old 24-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Experiencer
it's nice thing to do
even though i don't agree
and still think nature does not need our help
but i admit it's good thing what you doing
and i wish you luck with it
Old 24-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me
i believe before we aim to help wildlife
we should help fellow human beings
because they are more worthy of our help than animals

Humanity is a parasite and a cancer.
Old 24-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Master
Cheers PLM, you know like you I always thought that I should leave creatures to fend for themselves if I saw them struggling eg A worm drying out in the sun as it tries to get over pavements, but now I think we have gone too far, too much concrete and traffic, too much negative effect on wildlife, maybe that is the way it is meant to be, maybe it is our lesson like in Aesops fable where the dog is carrying a juicy bone across a river and catches his own reflection, he thinks it another dog with a bone and tries to take it, while dropping his own in the river and losing all.

We are doing the opposit big time in interfering we are interfering with nature by filling in ponds, destroying habitat , GMing the crops , imprisoning farm animals etc
Old 24-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark

I think that is how the affluent in the world have become we take off nature and the poor countries, non stop all day and all night.

We con the poor into thinking it better to be parasites, but we both end up suffering the poor starve due to our use of their land and labour, luxury goods from places like Africa such as coffee, tea,sugar, cotton, minerals, cocoa, bio diesel etc stolen. Land they could easily grow food on, they should be living like better lives than the Saudis for what they supply .

We suffer too due to a constant stream of material goods and foods leading to many obese diseases. Wonder if balance will ever return?
Old 24-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Ascender
Your thread is very nice and yes people should help wildlife and animals.
Old 24-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
if you consider your self a parasite or cancer i won't stop you
but do not assume the rest of us looks so lowly on them self
i think humans are the higher of all other creatures
what makes us unique is our ability to choose
where other creatures don't have that previlage
no one blames a tiger for making a kill it's developed that way
to hunt to survive
humans have choices
and they choose to go eaither good or bad
and have the brain developed enough to understand
the outcomes of each actions
Old 24-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Cheers PLM, you know like you I always thought that I should leave creatures to fend for themselves if I saw them struggling eg A worm drying out in the sun as it tries to get over pavements, but now I think we have gone too far, too much concrete and traffic, too much negative effect on wildlife, maybe that is the way it is meant to be, maybe it is our lesson like in Aesops fable where the dog is carrying a juicy bone across a river and catches his own reflection, he thinks it another dog with a bone and tries to take it, while dropping his own in the river and losing all.

We are doing the opposit big time in interfering we are interfering with nature by filling in ponds, destroying habitat , GMing the crops , imprisoning farm animals etc
i believe that nature run it's course regardless of our actions
it's not i think lowly of animals on contrary i love animals
and i think hurting them is something inexcuseable
since they do not do any harm or even hate anyone

i just think that when nature select certain species to have rough time
it's pushing that certain animal to develop new style

like you know how crows have adapated to life of cities ?
and other animals just adapt to the new enviorment they're into
this is the outcome of how rough trials they go through
help the future of that species to adapt and live on

nature does it's job regardless of what we do
and when it chooses a certain animal to extinction
it will extinct be it human caused or natural cause

after saying all that i repeat that what you doing is good
i don't have to agree with it to see the good in it
it's very noble and anyone who help animals doing a noble thing