Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Master
Spiritually Dark Films

As a general rule I try to avoid films that I feel alter my resonant frequency in a bad way. Things that leave me feeling disturbed, frightened or upset.

I have found that there are some things that my mind will not be bothered by simply because it feels so detached from reality. Such as "The Walking Dead" or "Bitten", essentially Zombies, Werewolves, occasionally Vampires.

But every now and again I just want to watch something scary. Last night that was the first couple episodes of "From Dusk Till Dawn"... The content was mildly bothersome. But somewhat outside of the realm of believability to me. Even still mid way through the first episode I heard the hall bathroom fan turn off and the door open so I looked back to see who was in there and no one came out. So I paused my program to take a look and no one was in there so I thought... "odd, maybe it was the other bathroom, not sure why it sounded so close though" so I wander to the back of the house and notice everyone is asleep and I rouse my hubs to ask if he had just been to the restroom and he says no...

Must have been my imagination?

That is a tough one to accept, especially when they are sounds you are so familiar with.

Any how, I guess I am curious about how other mediums handle scary movie type stuff. Especially the ones that deal in dark entities. Advice is appreciated.

I know there are energies attached to the new space we live in. I had summed them up as being residual energy imprints from a traumatic experience that happened in the space but not "Dark Entities" traumatic. Not even full bodied spirits except for one, the energy of an older catholic woman and the energy imprints may all be attached to her.

Sometimes I wonder about how far beyond my own being my energy extends and what it can do and what it can interfere with and what it can attract.

All too often I will be talking to someone who wants to show me something, some electrical device or something on a computer and it will spontaneously stop working.

Then most recently, I had an instance where I was terrified my ex was going to try to harm me or my family so I took my little one and ran off to the mall. Thinking it would possibly help me calm down and feel a little safer. How freakishly insane is it that alarms kept going off around me? Seriously, the fire alarm in the mall sounded only a few minutes after we walked in but as soon as it started it stopped. Then I had my little one with me on this little playground in the mall and the shop closest to us security alarm kept going off. I finally left because the alarms going off around me were definitely not helping me feel more at ease.

So, now I am wondering, if altering my energy frequency when I feel threatened is enough to set of alarms in the physical realm. Then what kind of beacon does it set off in the spiritual realm? Is it actually harmful to watch Spiritually Dark Films?

Also, as I am still trying to come to terms with what exactly my abilities are. Is all this normal for mediums?
Old 29-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Master
Would really appreciate an answer to this. I figured if I tried to watch it during the day maybe it wouldn't bother me so much. Went out turned on the box and it froze and needed to be rebooted. Which never happens. So, is it a sign? or a coincidence?

It still seems silly to me that a film could have any real effect on a person. But... who knows.
Old 31-08-2014, 12:07 AM
SpiritLady

Hi, I am really into horror films, particularly paranormal (japanese horror, occult films) and although the subject matter is dark and sometimes disturbing, I understand that these are just stories and entertainment. I am always surrounded by light, work with angels and am a Reiki Master, so healing is huge in my life. I think that the only way these films can affect you or draw negative entities in is if you let yourself become fearful or ponder too much on them as like I said, it is just entertainment....a piece of film-making. Not real. I honestly don't think the films themselves can do any harm. If you feel particularly vulnerable while watching them then it may be best not to? I had a moment like this recently when I was debating about getting the Thoth tarot deck by Aleister Crowley. I was unsure about whether I should study something so controversial but I want to educate myself further and I know that as long as my intentions are true and I have love and light in my heart, I am safe from harm. Hope this helps :)
Old 31-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Master
Hello,

I like some kinds of dark films but not every kind. The ones that are designed to establish fear in the psyche are the ones I like to avoid. Those are the so called paranormal films.

Some films encourage dealing with these fears and overcoming negative consequences. Horror films generally depict this kind of circumstance.

Now a person with a powerful energetic frequency will effect things around them in a telekinetic manner. That sounds like what you are describing to me. It is the fear of fear that pushes out from you energetically effecting the things you mentioned.

As I see it, films influence our psyche much more profoundly than we could ever appreciate. Other than commercial advertising, films influence the collective unconscious in ways most conscious efforts are unable to match. As a culture we are extremely ignorant about how the human person functions in life. We have a slave mind mentality were we seek anyone else to tell us what to think, feel, and do. Have you ever noticed how we qualify a person's credentials to present on a given subject. We never never never encourage reflective thought as a criteria for any thing.

So in my mind what you ask about is far from silly. What we feed our subconscious does matter quite a bit.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 31-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account

I try to avoid scary movies at all costs. I am not a medium, but I pick up energy very strongly, and really all that does for me is traumatize me, Lol. Also, my super spiritual aunt would always tell me to avoid scary movies because all it would do is attract negative entities into my space. There could be some truth to that...although, I wonder if perhaps, ghosts laugh at our expense when they see us scared over a movie.

There is a movie my husband made me watch that is based on a true story according to the film. It is called, The Conjuring. In short, its about dark entities that attach themselves to objects in the home, something that has been talked about in this forum plenty of times. Part two is comming out soon. Anywho, here is the trailor for part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k10ETZ41q5o