Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-10-2013, 06:11 PM
carwithtints

Astral Projection Negatives?

Are there any negatives to Astral Projecting? I've never done it before but awhile before when I had NO clue what Astral Projecting was I would suffer from terrible sleep paralysis. Once I fell asleep with music on and I heard the music in my sleep paralysis and I was outside my house on a bike in the dream. But i had the BIGGEST headache ever to the point where I thought i was dying in my dream or something. That's when I looked up why this what happening to me and what it may be. Now that i know what it is I sleep on my stomach and I just wake up with slight headaches but I can remember my dreams perfect and even control them often.

This being said I really want to get into Astral Projecting are there any negatives like; getting possessed, dying there, getting attacked, etc. Or is it straight to the guides and lightness?
Old 16-10-2013, 07:22 PM
mimihigurashi

I'm not an expert but I have been researching astral projecting for about a year and here's what I learned from spiritual teachers and people who have done it before.

You can't get possessed. It's not possible, your silver cord connects you to your physical body, that doesn't allow anyone else inside your body.
The risks of dying while astral projecting are the same as while you're sleeping.. if anyone ever did die because of astral projection, there would be no way to know, would there.
As for getting attacked, yes, it can happen, if you're projecting feeling scared or angry or having any negative emotions, chances are you will attract low-vibratory entities which can try to suck your energy. You can fight back, of course, I've heard people use swords made of light and magic powers and all sort of fun stuff to fight against those entities.
But it's best to avoid projecting while you're feeling any negative emotions.

Hope this helps~
Old 16-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Experiencer
There is no danger. And Mimi is right, there is absolutely no risk of possession. Often what you first encounter in the astral is a reflection of what you're feeling. If your energy is low, if you're feeling hate, anger, fear or any kind of negativity, you'll end up attracting negative energy in the astral. But there's a purpose to this: so you can work on improving yourself and improve your consciousness/energy in it's deepest, most intimate level. So in this sense, it can be actually very beneficial!
Old 17-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwithtints
Are there any negatives to Astral Projecting? I've never done it before but awhile before when I had NO clue what Astral Projecting was I would suffer from terrible sleep paralysis. Once I fell asleep with music on and I heard the music in my sleep paralysis and I was outside my house on a bike in the dream. But i had the BIGGEST headache ever to the point where I thought i was dying in my dream or something. That's when I looked up why this what happening to me and what it may be. Now that i know what it is I sleep on my stomach and I just wake up with slight headaches but I can remember my dreams perfect and even control them often.

This being said I really want to get into Astral Projecting are there any negatives like; getting possessed, dying there, getting attacked, etc. Or is it straight to the guides and lightness?

Astral projection is basically a form of conscious dreaming and so just like you can have good dreams and bad dreams (nightmares) you can have good projections and bad projections. Other than the types of things and types of experiences you can have in a projection there are no negatives. You can encounter negative lower-vibrational entities and a lot of people would consider that a negative experience, you can also have an astral experience that outright scares you, worries you, or upsets you. There are negative and positive aspects and possibilities in everything in life and astral projection is not exempt from that rule. But what we as Humans view as positive and negative is completely based off of our personal view and opinion of a situation. What one person views as positive another might view as negative and vice versa. What we as Human-beings view as negative or even "bad" spirits could be viewed completely different in the different dimension that they exist. Spirits are not governed by our laws or rules and what they are is not dictated by our own view and opinion of them. So just because a spirit scares you doesn't mean it is negative or bad and so forth. If a person is able to accept the fact that everything in the astral isn't a nice being full of nothing but light and love, and they are able to see through the illusion of what we as Humans view as positive and negative then in reality there are no negative aspects of astral projection and everything is just another learning experience no matter how "bad" or scary the experience appears.
Old 17-10-2013, 04:29 AM
carwithtints

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimihigurashi
I'm not an expert but I have been researching astral projecting for about a year and here's what I learned from spiritual teachers and people who have done it before.

You can't get possessed. It's not possible, your silver cord connects you to your physical body, that doesn't allow anyone else inside your body.
The risks of dying while astral projecting are the same as while you're sleeping.. if anyone ever did die because of astral projection, there would be no way to know, would there.
As for getting attacked, yes, it can happen, if you're projecting feeling scared or angry or having any negative emotions, chances are you will attract low-vibratory entities which can try to suck your energy. You can fight back, of course, I've heard people use swords made of light and magic powers and all sort of fun stuff to fight against those entities.
But it's best to avoid projecting while you're feeling any negative emotions.

Hope this helps~

Okay cool Thanks alot , what do these negative entities look like?
Old 17-10-2013, 04:30 AM
carwithtints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
There is no danger. And Mimi is right, there is absolutely no risk of possession. Often what you first encounter in the astral is a reflection of what you're feeling. If your energy is low, if you're feeling hate, anger, fear or any kind of negativity, you'll end up attracting negative energy in the astral. But there's a purpose to this: so you can work on improving yourself and improve your consciousness/energy in it's deepest, most intimate level. So in this sense, it can be actually very beneficial!

Was your first encounter scary? what did the entity look like?
Old 17-10-2013, 08:52 AM
mimihigurashi

Quote:

Oh, I really can't tell.. they have various shapes and sizes, there's not a single way to describe them like you would for humans or something.
There's a video showing some of the creatures an experienced astral projector has seen during his travels on youtube but it won't let me post a link, just go to youtube and type in "FIVE INTRIGUING ASTRAL AND INTERDIMENSIONAL ENTITIES SEEN DURING A.P.E!" by AstralBooBaby.
Old 17-10-2013, 09:17 AM
mb6954

Astral projection is an experience and just as with any experience there may be some negative elements but IMO most of it's good it's an amazing eye opening journey and it's definitely worth putting up with the negative in order to get to the positive. You cant get possessed, there are negative energies or entities but define negative? What you might think is negative will differ from person to person and I'm sure the same goes for the astral. Just dont bring any negative feelings with you (energy, vibes it's all the same) otherwise you will attract what you enter with. Face anything other than love and light with courage and confidance. Nothing can hurt your physical body so don't let anything hurt your astral body.
Old 18-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:

There is no common look for negative entities. Negative entities are not one type of being, almost any type of spiritual being can be positive or negative. So you will encounter negative Earthbound spirits, negative elementals, negative energetic vampires, and other types of lower-vibrational entities. If a spirit is trying to scare you they will take the form of something you will be scared of or something you fear. And so if you're scared of spiders they might appear like a huge spider, if you're scared of dogs they might appear like a mean dog. They are going to use your own fears against you to achieve their desired results. You cannot judge whether a spirit is positive or negative by the way it looks, the only way to judge that is by analyzing its actions toward you over an extended period of time.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Experiencer
The ones I encountered where just two grudges which I just ignored and went on my way, leaving them behind.