Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Knower

Recovering from Severe Narcissism

Without delving too much into it, I am a severe narcissist. At least, I was before I began to become aware of my behavior a couple of weeks ago. I have made a number of commitments to myself and have begun to change a lot of my behaviors. However, in reading online, I have seen assertions that narcissism cannot be treated and that it is like "going against a windmill." Aside from therapy, what can I do to recover from narcissism?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Master
As I see it, narcissism comes from a feeling of loss and deprivation from others, a wounding in the heart, and an attempt to make up for it.

You can recover by learning to accept and love yourself as you are. Little by little each part of your personal self can begin to let go of the excessive self-focus and imbalance
and feel genuine, healthy self-appreciation.

blessings
Xan

Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Master

From what I've read and seen, it is treatable with the right approach. Simply believing things will get better and change, those can produce miracles in themselves. I am a healer, but you can always take a look at eft, Mir, and some other techniques first. I do Reiki and some other practices, whatever gets the job done. There are plenty
(Once I read that pink eye will never go away online, another place tells me that medication has no side effects, some go on to say that science is all that is right and proves all our beliefs wrong, I've seen ppl try to prove ap to be all imagination. What you find out there is not all accurate or neccesarily true. With a little love and light, your world can completely shift. Only Beliefs can limit You.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Master
narcississt's post in this thread

my bro said this word to me and i realised i was it, i mean i'm not really jesus am i but i sometimes sound like i think i am

don't accept yourself or love yourself, thats what got us here, we're idiots plain as day, know that and the other will tickle you

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 08-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Master
It's not acceptance and love that got us here... quite the opposite. It's the defense of self-fixation in the mind that's the problem, whereas genuine love is healing and balancing to the self.

Xan

Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Master
genuine is unfortunately conceptual and subjective which = zilch

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Master
necta... It's only zilch when you don't feel sincerity within yourself, which is the essence of narcissism - self-focus without heart.

Xan

Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Master
ignorance can be a friendly fact if you let it...it don't sound glittery but its real

Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
narcississt's post in this thread

my bro said this word to me and i realised i was it, i mean i'm not really jesus am i but i sometimes sound like i think i am

don't accept yourself or love yourself, thats what got us here, we're idiots plain as day, know that and the other will tickle you

Are you saying that not accepting/loving yourself is what got 'us' here, necta? I think that's what you're saying - and that's why you say 'we're idiots...' - Right?

Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Master
no... accepting ourselves is what got us here, i think...i could be wrong...as for idiots i refer only to myself, if i said otherwise or implied then i correct

i strongly feel that our travesty is all that we should concern ourself with